Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXX
(11 hours ago)robkelk Wrote:
(Yesterday, 08:42 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: While we're talking about him, I wish we could put him on notice for his reviews.  I'm getting pretty tired of every single freaking one of them boiling down to "I hate this work because it's woke".

We need viewpoints that don't agree with ours, Bob.

It would be nice if they're well-thought-out and well-stated viewpoints, like the ones Geth provides when he writes about controversial topics, but at this point I'll take what we can get.

I try to take a long and broad view as detached from my personal biases as possible, some people aren't able to detach themselves as much. That said, I argue reviews are one of the few places where subjectivity is fine in nigh all forms so long as it's on topic.

As for Flow being updated, if we have to redo how we post reviews as a result, so be it. Our current setup is kinda hackworthy at best anyway, so I'll eagerly embrace something more sane for reviews and discussions.

Also, much obliged Rob:

https://allthetropes.org/wiki/Category:D...ff=2084183

Some of these were Wikipedia imports that came with goofball categories like this, removing this sort of cruft is never a bad thing.

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXX - by GethN7 - 8 hours ago