Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that should be: Here we go again
RE: Crossovers that should be: Here we go again
One insetting possibility in a version where the SM storylibe is happening later would be for Nephrite, perhaps the most mathematically inclined caster on that side of the fusion due to his astrology focus, to be rescued from his OTL fate of dying as the end o9f a redemption arc and be taken on in a rehabilitation program like Fate was, working to bridge the two styles along with Ami and (perhaps later?) Setsuna.

Just how to handle Pluto and her time stuff fis also a major question that would need to be addressed, too. As far as I remember SM does not deal with alternate Earths at all, while (if not on Earth as such ) that's a significant part of the TSAB's operations. Do the Gates of Time even see the TSAB side of things when they're not in the same ... layer of the mulyiversal stack, or whatever you want to call it? Alternately, does she already know of/have contact with the TSAB as the effectively permanent bonded guardian of such a powerful Lost Logia and was the one who actually called them in as soon as the need to avoid paradox would let her? I tend to favor the latter interpretation myself, as the first feels like a cop-out even if it could easily be justified in setting as the Silver Millennium just not having discovered that axis of magical travel, perhaps because of their magic being more intent-based rather than calculating out all the fiddly little details. It does seem to be a significantly bigger deal for the Senshi to use teleportation spells than on the MSLN side, so it could well be that they just threw more power at the problem to fill the gaps until it worked and never thought there might be something there to look deeper into - history id full of inventions that seem really obvious once someone came up with them, why should mahic be any different?

The Gates might also be able to retrieve Presea to prevent her from dodging justice by elaborate suicide and, especially if she's only mostly dead rather than really very definitely most sincerely dead, Alicia, in time to get included in one of Usagi's "I don't like sad endings so I'll just rewrite reality a little so everyone can be happy, teehee!" Ginzoishou events. Nonexistence is too good for Presea, I want her taken into TSAB's tender care and psychotherapied until she looks back at the monster that wore her face with nothing but horror and revulsion and spends the rest of her life dedicated to doing good works in atonement, and I want lots of cute "big little sister" stuff between Fate an Alicia who always wanted a sibling to play with while Mama was busy with her important job. I had some elements of that worked into the outline of an El Hazard crossover some years back, but an outline was as far as it ever went.
--
‎noli esse culus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crossovers that should be: Here we go again - by classicdrogn - 09-27-2024, 11:32 AM