Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that should be: Here we go again
RE: Crossovers that should be: Here we go again
(09-27-2024, 08:42 AM)Tennie Wrote: Scenario 3 (S3):

In S3, the crossover takes place some time after A's at the least (probably after StrikerS or later if you're willing to go down that route, which personally speaking I'm willing to).

This one has potential of its own: the Sailor Guardians end up being trained in magical combat by older, more experienced magic users.  Again, as with S1, the compatibility issues involving substantially different forms of mana manipulation should add a bit of challenge in adapting training methods (though we could again get some potential workarounds from Ami and later Setsuna).

If I may be allowed to point out my own work Smile, which almost fits your specification for Scenario 3 (not all of the Guardians are involved, and one canonically bit character and a OC are). The "be sent to another dimension" bit in the '90s-anime version of the Black Moon arc goes differently because there aren't enough Guardians present to carry out a Sailor Teleport, so the ones caught in the effect are sent to the dimension that Midchilda is in. Hey, if canon is going to give me a plot hook, I'll take it.

Quote:"Still," I commented on January 14, "you're being very kind to teach us these things, Colonel Yagami. Not just strategy, all of what you and your staff are sharing with us."

"Mr. Donaldson, it's the least we can do for you," she replied with a smile. "Well, it's the least we can do for Ms. Kino and Ms. Mizuno; you and Mr. Urawa are getting a free ride."

I raised an eyebrow in surprise. "Oh? What makes Makoto and Ami so special? To you, I mean; I already know why my girlfriend and our best friend are important to me."

"Have you ever seen a Sailor Moon stage show, Mr. Donaldson? Nanoha, Fate, and I did when we were still living on Earth. Nanoha insisted because it was based on an anime that her parents let her watch in reruns. If it wasn't for your girlfriend and your best friend, and the characters that followed them like Hanasaki Momoko, Kinomoto Sakura, Harukaze Doremi, and Misumi Nagisa, Nanoha would never have imagined becoming a transforming heroine when she met Yuuno-kun, and then I would never have met her, or... well, you told us that you're already familiar with the last Book of Darkness incident. So I owe them indirectly for simply being able to live my own life today. And the TSAB as a whole owes them for the existence of our best combat instructor."

(Yeah, Ami keeps her boyfriend from the first season filler arc, and Makoto gets a boyfriend. Makoto deserves to get a boyfriend.)

Writing the scene where Ami learned the basics of Midchildan magic by having it cast through her while in Unison with Reinforce Zwei was fun.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: Crossovers that should be: Here we go again - by robkelk - 09-27-2024, 11:45 AM