Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hey again.
Oh, okay; and whoops.
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLAUS: On the other hand, Doug is getting to be more and more of a guest-star in his own series. I think the majority of the chapter was devoted to the Knight Sabers and other characters rather than Doug.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hm. Just a comment I wanted to make on this observation. Many insert fics spend long, loving hours lavishing detail over the insert character. You can see the changes he makes, but they mostly happen in the background. The archetypical BGC insert, Twister, does this. One of the things I'm more interested in is showing that the changes Doug makes -- especially the unintentional ones -- are like ripples in a pond, and keep spreading and spreading. It's more interesting to watch what happens to everyone else, because Doug isn't going to be changed by his actions nearly as much as the people around him.
[That's a good point. Certainly the more important subplots here were driven entirely by Doug's presence. Priss and Leon's relationship is certainly one (and please remind me how Priss' career neccessitates Leon moving and essentially changing job? I know there's a good reason, but I forget), as is Katherine and Lisa's relationship (not that I mean it that way. Or do I? Is there a possibility of a Davies-style hook up here?). And I do admit that I enjoy seeing the perspective of the bgc cast, as this is their world. But I do feel a bit more balance between Doug scenes and BGC scenes can be made.
Ah, well.
Oh, and sorry about posting a response to this thread on the main DWII board. If you can move it, that'd be great. If not, sorry about the inconvenience.
-murmur
"I hate you and I despise you," Sgt. Sagara Sousuke to his Rugby team

Messages In This Thread
Hey again. - by Murmur the Fallen - 11-11-2003, 09:51 AM
Re: Hey again. - by Ace Dreamer - 11-11-2003, 03:11 PM
Re: Hey again. - by Aleh - 11-11-2003, 04:54 PM
Re: Hey again. - by Bob Schroeck - 11-11-2003, 10:16 PM
Re: Hey again. - by Bob Schroeck - 11-11-2003, 10:18 PM
Re: Hey again. - by Bob Schroeck - 11-11-2003, 10:22 PM
it hurts so bad - by Murmur the Fallen - 11-12-2003, 04:28 AM
Oh, okay; and whoops. - by Murmur the Fallen - 11-12-2003, 04:45 AM
Re: Oh, okay; and whoops. - by Zojojojo - 11-12-2003, 06:28 AM