Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Progress Report
Re: Progress Report
Quote:
Thanks, Ace, but it's not a BGC canon issue -- it's a character interaction issue. She pointed out that a new relationship immediately went one way when it reasonably should have started out another. (Saying any more would be too much of a spoiler; sorry.)
Relationships, wheeeeee...
let's see, I'm gonna toss some wild ass educated guesses in the hopper, and dispense advice.
In a relationship that's going completely arsy-varsy, there can be a simple very good reason for it, often it's the old cliche "opposites attract", and they do! some of the best sex, and best _romance_ in my life has been with women that I had ZERO in common with, and, in fact, ended up breaking badly due to irreconcilable differences with (for one example, I'm a 'solitary christian', she was a practicing satanist.. I thought she was joking at first).
However, until those niggling irreconcilable differences built up enough of a head of steam to axe the relationship, it was great!
From the other angle, a relationship that's gone sour right from the start when it has no good reason to, I have much less input, except to point a finger at the _other_ old cliche "you never get a second chance, to make a first impression", and sometimes that first impression can dominate the perception of the Other to the point that it kills the Very Good chance you would have had at having a relationship with them.
From the third angle, if flounder are involved in quanities larger than ~2 tons, you may not wish to pursue a relationship, though the enticing smell of rotting food animal can prove extremely hard to ignore.
Edit: removed signature, must call aussie redhead to build new one.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

Messages In This Thread
Progress Report - by Bob Schroeck - 09-29-2003, 01:25 PM
Re: Progress Report - by Ace Dreamer - 09-29-2003, 02:20 PM
Re: Progress Report - by Bob Schroeck - 09-29-2003, 06:57 PM
Re: Progress Report - by Kokuten - 09-30-2003, 04:26 AM
Re: Progress Report - by Aleh - 09-30-2003, 04:31 AM
Re: Progress Report - by Bob Schroeck - 09-30-2003, 01:58 PM