Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky
When the message concluded, we looked around at each other for a moment, then Joe bopped his forehead with the heel of his hand. "Lights!"
I pushed up my glasses and pinched the bridge of my nose. "You realize we've just spent two years so intently focussed on growing the ship that we paid no attention to little things like, oh, a two-way radio or running lights. Or a name on the bow, for that matter. Not that we actually have a bow."
"Well, we have been busy with jobs and raising nearly a dozen extremely energetic kids during that time," Kat pointed out. "We were bound to miss something."
"Yeah, but why this?" I pinched the bridge of my nose some more. "Okay, so what do we do?"
"It seems to me that we need to open up one of the garages for him to land in," Alison said.
"Mmm. Garage."
We turned to look at John, who was leaning back in his chair, itself leaning back on two legs. His eyes were half-closed, and he almost seemed to be asleep. "The Saturn 0 and 1 are both 'waved, and they're in the east garage. Use their headlights and guide him in."
"Good idea, O Lord!" Scott barked.
"Right," I nodded. "That's better than anything I can think of -- let's do it."
-- Bob
---------
Visit beautiful Boston, proud successor to Seattle as
"City Most Scared Of Its Own Shadow

Messages In This Thread
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by CattyNebulart - 03-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by CattyNebulart - 03-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by Herr Bad Moon - 03-12-2007, 01:22 AM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by CattyNebulart - 03-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by Bob Schroeck - 03-14-2007, 06:18 AM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by Herr Bad Moon - 03-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by Herr Bad Moon - 03-18-2007, 07:43 AM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by Herr Bad Moon - 03-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by Herr Bad Moon - 04-22-2007, 04:27 AM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by Herr Bad Moon - 04-26-2007, 08:16 AM
[No subject] - by Proginoskes - 06-11-2010, 10:22 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 06-12-2010, 12:57 AM