Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky
One quick exchange, after the 'Blade docks and one of the locals corners Noah...

"Wire Geek mentioned that you're not known for just giving things away. We want the communications gear -- hell, we need the comms gear -- but we don't have a lot of money right now..."

"I don't want money. I've got plenty of money. Here's what I do want: First, be good neighbours: don't ignore anyone in distress, don't keep to yourselves, and keep the news flowing. Second, take part in the conventions: they're our version of government, and I suspect everyone else wants you taking part in charting our collective course as much as I do. Finally, raise your children well, and be good to... no, be excellent to each other. I doubt that'll be too much of a burden for you, right?"

"How did you know we brought our children along?"

"You did what?"

After that, Sora disappears with whoever supervises/helps with the installation, and the rest of us head to Town Hall...

Edit:  And another line that doesn't really fit in a Town Hall meeting, but some Fan simply must say:

"Well... you've got a big geodesic dome that lets light in, and plenty of green, growing things... but I don't see Huey, Dewey, and Louie anywhere." I waited for his response; if he asked what cartoon ducks had to do with anything, I was going to be very disappointed.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by CattyNebulart - 03-10-2007, 09:52 PM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by CattyNebulart - 03-12-2007, 12:40 AM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by Herr Bad Moon - 03-12-2007, 01:22 AM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by CattyNebulart - 03-13-2007, 04:50 PM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by Herr Bad Moon - 03-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by Herr Bad Moon - 03-18-2007, 07:43 AM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by robkelk - 03-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by Herr Bad Moon - 03-28-2007, 10:38 PM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by Herr Bad Moon - 04-22-2007, 04:27 AM
Re: Disturbing Implications of Land Rising into the Sky - by Herr Bad Moon - 04-26-2007, 08:16 AM
[No subject] - by Proginoskes - 06-11-2010, 10:22 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 06-12-2010, 12:57 AM