Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight
[SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight
Submitted for the approval of the players Fenspace. This is not something that will immediately happen, but something I would like to have out of the way by February 14 because that's my last day I'll have access to the Internet before I ship out for 3 months of Recruit Training.
Anyhow, any input whatsoever is welcome, especially in the departmnets of inside-Limit speed, quirks, and trivia. One thing worthy of note would be the fact that she's a straight-up Acceleration drive. This is because she was built with the intention of hitting the Limit ASAP and going to super-luminous speeds.
EDIT: Max Delta-V Acceleration has been inputted and added Stealth trivia item.
Ship Name: SS Magnificent Midnight
Created by Benjamin Rhodes.
Registry Number: 133T-5P33D
Base Hull: SR-71 Blackbird
Drive Type: Acceleration - 2 obscenely powerful ion engines each powered by a cola/uncola reactor (I blame whoever was responsible for the Miranda).
Max Delta-V Acceleration: 70 G's
Armaments: Retractable ventrical and dorsal turreted M61 Vulcan and two coil-guns mounted inside the forward chinaries. Coil-gun ammunition is Hi-Ex rounds with ceramic AP tips and ferric alloy discarding sabbots.
Owner of Record: Benjamin Rhodes
Flag of Record: The Republic of Texas (Defunct)
Purpose: High-speed, armed, interstellar courier (No weekend deliveries, please. [Image: wink.gif] )
Crew:
Benjamin M. Rhodes (Capt.)
Regina "Gina" Langely (1st Mate)
Known Quirks:
I can't drive fifty-five: This ship loves to go fast. Period. And whatever you do, do not get in her way or else you'll wind up like the Curacoa when it met the Queen Mary.
I'm Pointy: Her uber-sleek and pointy looking hull is a weapon unto itself. With it, she can slice and dice ships smaller than herself.
Lemmeout!Lemmeout!Lemmeout!: She will only stay in one place long enough for cargo to be loaded or unloaded. Afterwards, she will take off and zoom around. Fortunately, she's also a loyal ship and will come back once called for if you give her a little bit of time to roam around.
Daredevil:The only thing she likes more than going fast is going fast through a densly packed asteroid field.
Respect Is Earned: While she's generally sweet natured (if a bit mischievous) to Benjamin and Gina, all others must earn her respect.
Ptichka's Little Sister: Oddly enough, she communicates pretty much the same way the infamous Ptichka does and possesses many of the same mannerisms, only with the kind of spunk and sassy attitude you'd expect from a "Little Sister".
Home Port: N/A
Current Location: N/A
Trivia:
Fastest FTL: She is speed incarnate and she shows it in being the fastest interstellar craft in Fenspace once she is outside The Limit.
It's cramped in here: Even though a substantial amount of interior space has been converted from fuel tankage to cargo and living space, it is VERY cramped inside. So much that getting out of the pilot's seat and into the cabin requires reclining the seat, grabbing ahold of handles overhead, and dragging yourself out. It is for this reason that Ben really likes his weekends off, no matter how much fun it is to zoom around in Midnight.
Can't find me: She does have some passive stealth capabilities just as she did before she was handwaviumized. Ergo when she turns off her transponder, looking for her in the big-black will be as much fun as looking for a needle in a haystack because her radar signature is about the size of a standard bedroom door.
Black Aeronaut Technologies Group
Aerospace Solutions for the discerning spacer
"But first, let's test it on the penguin."
"Meep?" O.o

Messages In This Thread
[SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by Black Aeronaut - 02-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by Sirrocco - 02-09-2007, 04:24 AM
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by Kokuten - 02-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by Sirrocco - 02-10-2007, 03:30 AM
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by Sirrocco - 02-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by Kokuten - 02-11-2007, 02:31 AM
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by Kokuten - 02-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by Sirrocco - 02-12-2007, 07:12 AM
on the Miranda - by ClassicDrogn - 02-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Re: on the Miranda - by Black Aeronaut - 02-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by CattyNebulart - 02-15-2007, 01:48 PM