Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight
- It might be worth waving your hands generally in the direction of "how does the accel drive work, anyway?" You could run a reaction drive, but the reaction mass requirements seem like they would get pretty ugly.
- Cola/Uncola would actually count as a quirk at this point - it's a limit on available fuel that other ships don't have to deal with. This is particularly an issue for those long interstellar voyages.
- You may want to consider attaching some sort of time dilation effect to your interstellar drive (perhaps associated with a bizarre form of fuel source somehow?) as you have a number of characters who Really Like Going Fast, and runs outside the limit will take a while even if you *are* Fast.
- it occurs to me that at some point, your character is likely to be offered a *really* high-paying job, that he can just *barely* fit - but only if he completely fills his living area... and then travels like that for a few days.
- What level of intelligence does the Blackbird itself have? Some of your quirks indicate pretty strongly that there's *some* level of sentience there.
- How *are* you getting a Blackbird, anyway? It's not impossible, but it's probably not all that trivial, either. I know *I* don't have the resources to get one.
(Mind you, in Fenspace, "I went up to Mr Morden and handed him massive amounts of cash" would probably work as a procurement technique for this sort of thing, but that's a *lot* of cash.)

Messages In This Thread
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by Sirrocco - 02-09-2007, 04:24 AM
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by Kokuten - 02-09-2007, 09:08 PM
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by Sirrocco - 02-10-2007, 03:30 AM
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by Sirrocco - 02-10-2007, 11:53 PM
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by Kokuten - 02-11-2007, 02:31 AM
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by Kokuten - 02-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by Sirrocco - 02-12-2007, 07:12 AM
on the Miranda - by ClassicDrogn - 02-14-2007, 01:25 PM
Re: on the Miranda - by Black Aeronaut - 02-15-2007, 12:25 AM
Re: [SUBMISSION] The Magnificent Midnight - by CattyNebulart - 02-15-2007, 01:48 PM