Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[RFP]We're gonna need a bigger boat

Quote:From: j_dolittle(at)greenwood.fenTo: captain(at)ciara.fen
Captain;
It's always sad to see a proud ship sail no more. I'm sure you'll miss Ciara dearly.
I've been speaking with some of my colleagues over at Stonewell-Bellcom and we do have a few ideas, depending on the timeframe you're expecting to start your next run in.
We've been discussing a scaled-down version of the Island 3 habitat modules, for one, something suitable for your crew and cargo numbers with a suitable drive-frame fitted on. We've had a lot of compliments on the open-air styling of these, folk seem to like being able to get out in a big space even when they're Up Here. The 'Island 5' they're currently proposing would be about 300m long by about 75 broad, with six to eight decks (depending on configuration) providing plenty of cargo space and the domed hab deck giving you all the living space you need.
If you're looking for something with a more militant bent, we've got room in the yards for another Eagle-class frigate. We've already got plans drawn up to gut the crew decks and put in more luxurious accommodations (there was this Saudi fellow... deal never went through, but we got a good bit of the planning done.)
Good things, they say, come in threes, so we'll round out our proposal with this: John Shuttleworth Designs' Ad Astra. We've been knocking this one around as a thought experiment up here, scaling it up from its current 42m size to something a bit more fun, replacing the pontoons with warp nacelles....
I've attached a spec sheet and cost summary (including PEPPER-1-compliant defense suites for each hull) to this email. We welcome your inquiry.
Sincere Regards,
Jennifer DolittleGreenwood, Ltd
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Messages In This Thread
[RFP]We're gonna need a bigger boat - by Dartz - 02-10-2014, 10:59 PM
[No subject] - by HRogge - 02-15-2014, 02:44 PM
[No subject] - by M Fnord - 02-15-2014, 07:01 PM
[No subject] - by ECSNorway - 02-19-2014, 08:07 PM
[No subject] - by LynnInDenver - 02-20-2014, 04:29 AM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 02-22-2014, 08:45 PM
[No subject] - by robkelk - 02-23-2014, 02:33 AM
[No subject] - by DeputyJones - 03-04-2014, 01:51 AM
[No subject] - by Dartz - 03-04-2014, 10:46 PM
[No subject] - by M Fnord - 03-05-2014, 03:42 AM