Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inv/EM Tank - Def set bonuses

Responding to various points...

Ankhani:

- The build used the Miracle +recovery rather than Regen Tissue +regen, largely because I figured there would be steep endurance issues. Endurance is more of a concern than regen.

- As you rightly point out, having high regen with high defenses would be a sweet combination, but balancing all the factors is a pain. I suspect aside from slotting Health (I might as well), I will not be attempting to collect regen bonuses.

- I already have a Steadfast Protection Global 3% recipe blueside, in this build it's slotted into Temp Inv.

- Re: use of taunt; I play my brute with heavy use of taunt. My 37 tank makes liberal use of it as well. I was sorta hoping that I'd need to lean on it less with the inv - (my current tank is WP, and you know how bad the WP taunt aura is)

Uni:

- ET and Total Focus are overslotted for damage, yes, but that's a result of the way the set shakes down. Here's the reason:- Kinetic Combat only has five enhancements in the set, and one of them is a proc - in four-slotting it for the (very hefty) S/L defense bonus, I've used all the usable enhancements in the set.

- The two remaining slots in ET and Total Focus used Pounding Slugfest Acc/Dam and Dam/Rec for the two-piece regen bonus; it maybe instrumentally better to frankenslot different IOs in those two slots, however...I was looking at the regen bonus, but honestly that may be asking for too much. Something like Acc/End and End/Recharge would be a better way of using the slots for the powers if I don't care for the regen bonus.

- (indeed, as I noted above in response to Ankhani, I was probably aiming too high in attempting to try and include regen bonuses. I suspect I will slot Miracle and Numina's Heal pieces in Health when I actually do this, but that's because I plan to have procs there anyway.

- Taunt was six slotted precisely for the set bonuses; dropping the slotting would free up considerable room elsewhere.
- Re: Endurance concerns - you're quite right, it will be very tight with the build as is. I'm not sure. It is probably more sound to drop Focused Accuracy in favour of Conserve Energy from the same pool.

- Whirling Hands is in the build for aggro reasons, not because I believe it's a good attack. I have played EM Brutes. Moreover, this is intended not as a general purpose build but specifically with an eye towards teaming - as such, well. It's an AoE.

- It is possible that, when I actually level up the character more and put this together, I may decide to drop Whirling Hands and put in Hasten, though I loathe the yellow arm glow the +recharge would be invaluable given Energy Melee's speed - or lack thereof.

- Ultimately depending on how I feel about the build once I'm closer to 50, I may decide to compromise on set bonuses - particularly Gaussian's, Mocking Beratment, and the Obliteration set would be dropped with the proposed changes above. This would result in more end-efficient slotting in the attacks and spare slots elsewhere.
- If I choose to make a single team/solo hybrid build rather than two separate ones, this would probably be the way to go - sacrifice four set bonuses in favour of an eye towards recharge and endrec.
-- Acyl

Messages In This Thread
Inv/EM Tank - Def set bonuses - by Acyl - 05-09-2009, 12:52 AM
[No subject] - by Ankhani - 05-09-2009, 01:48 AM
[No subject] - by Unicorna - 05-09-2009, 02:08 AM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 05-09-2009, 03:21 AM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 05-09-2009, 03:58 AM