Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Internette (aka, advice for Sil)

Sweno's advice is sound, and I agree completely. The following is just a recap of my particular opinions.
Radiation Emission

Radiant Aura: Again, not the best heal in the game. Dark and Kin AoE heals are good. This...isn't. It's comparable to Thermal, Pain, and Emp's AoE heal, but they have other heal options, you don't. Take it, sure, but don't focus on it.
Radiation Infection: Slotting this for -def should be the second priority; you want to focus on -tohit debuff first. But if you use Hami-Os at level 47-50 you can basically slot it for both.

In addition, because it's a -def power, you can slot Radiation Infection with the Achilles Heel -res proc. This applies to most Rad Blast attacks as well.
Accelerate Metabolism: With hasten, spiritual incarnate, and enough recharge set bonuses, you can perma this. It does take investment though.
Enervating Field: As Sweno says, put at least two Endrec IOs in here. It's an end hog.

Choking Cloud and EM Pulse: The toggles are your main game, but the holds are a good trick too. Don't forget these.

Radiation Blast

Neutrino Bolt: It's worth repeating that this is an excellent power to load up with proc IOs. The damage isn't really that bad either. It's low per-shot, but it's meant to be spammed over and over. Mathwise it works out okay, especially if it's procced out. Try acc/dam/dam and three procs, or four plus procs and IOs/Hamis for your acc and dam. Strictly speaking with your -def debuffs, you don't need as much acc in your attack slotting, in general.

Irradiate: The def debuff element of this really is high, most people forget that.

Electron Haze: This is actually a very poor cone attack compared to those in other sets. Long animation, but low damage. And the cone is real skinny so you never catch many enemies in it. You can correct this somewhat with range enhancements and careful positioning/targeting. But in my opinion it's still the worst attack in Rad Blast.
Cosmic Burst: An alternative is to slot this with range as well, say three Range/Damage Hami-Os...which gets it up to, I dunno, 60-70+ feet and change, close enough to the 80 feet range of Neutrino Bolt, X-Ray and Neutron Bomb. If you're playing the range stand-off and blast game with your Rad/Rad, it's helpful.

Atomic Blast: Unlike Sweno, I do nuke with my defenders and corruptors, but see below.

Ancillary/Patron Power Pools

Sweno's right about Conserve Power and Power Build Up being damn bloody good. But take a look at the Elec, Dark, and Mu APP/Patron pools. Elec and Mu have Power Sink, while Dark has Dark Consumption. Power Sink is autohit, so it can be fully slotted for EndMod and Recharge. Dark Consumption requires accuracy slotting.

What you can do is fire off your nuke, which drops your end bar...then pop one small blue and promptly refill your end to full from any survivors (probably bosses). Or refill at the next mob spawn. Either way.
-- Acyl

Messages In This Thread
Internette (aka, advice for Sil) - by sweno - 04-02-2011, 06:48 AM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 04-05-2011, 03:38 PM