Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hmm
Re: Re: Hmm
Sweetie, Logan, honey?
I'm quoting ECSNorway from another thread in this same forum.
Where he said myself, several other people, and anybody else who did not think Iran was necessarily run by the Legion of Super-Hitlers were people "who think with their assholes instead of their brains" because of a story about Iran that they were going to make Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians wear colour-coded ID tags.
This story was ridiculous, unbelievable, and was retracted by the National Post (Canada's own right-wing rag) one day after it ran with apologies and complaints from the Iranian government (then rerun by the New York Post, after it was withdrawn, as factual news).
After it was pointed out that his hysterical overreaction was based on a hoax, ECSNorway then mysteriously vanished from the thread, never to post again, certainly not to apologise for his slanderous comment based on a story he believed whole-heartedly and without collaboration despite it being a pack of lies.
I notice you weren't there lecturing him about his politeness at the time, Logan. Now what, I wonder, could be the cause for that double-standard?
As for your other question, let me just make sure we're on the same page here:
You're asking me to source an assertion that huge corporations (including, for instance, fricking Clear Channel) are friendly to the Republican Party.
YOU ARE ASKING FOR A SOURCE ON AN ASSERTION THAT BIG-BUSINESS AND THE REPUBLICAN PARTY ARE FRIENDLY.
You are asking for this?
Seriously?
Incidentally, deigning to acknowledge ECSNorway for a moment, I'd like to know where the leftist slant of the media was during Clinton's terms. Considering more ink was spent on Whitewater than any three Bush scandals (and there's tons to choose from) put together, and Whitewater ultimately proved to be nothing, and all. Or, you know, the well-publicised but now convienently forgotten hero-worshipful fellating that occured towards George W. Bush in his "mission accomplished" speech.
Have you forgotten that so soon? I'll bet you have. Let me refresh your memory at just how much those dirty leftist media hippies hate your President.
"...the president deserves everything he's doing tonight in terms of his leadership. He won the war. He was an effective commander. Everybody recognizes that, I believe, except a few critics. Do you think he is defining the office of the presidency, at least for this time, as basically that of commander in chief?" - Chris Matthews, on Hardball
"Well, first of all, Chris, the -- I think that -- you know, I was -- when I first heard about it, I was kind of annoyed. It sounded like the kind of PR stunt that Bill Clinton would pull. But and then I saw it. And you know, there's a real -- there's a real affection between him and the troops." - "Democrat" Pat Caddell on the same show
"There was a riskier landing that the president wanted to make. The Secret Service, though, just wouldn't let the commander in chief ride in an F/A-18 strike fighter. But CNN's Kyra Phillips will be doing just that in a matter of only a few minutes. She's in the cockpit of this F/A-18 Hornet. Right now, Navy jets like this one, of course, helped win the war in Iraq. Now, they're headed home." - Wolf Blitzer
"And two immutable truths about the president that the Democrats can't change: He's a youthful guy. He looked terrific and full of energy in a flight suit. He is a former pilot, so it's not a foreign art farm -- art form to him. Not all presidents could have pulled this scene off today." - Brian Williams
"Never before has a president landed aboard a carrier at sea, much less taken the controls of the aircraft. His decision to sleep aboard the ship this evening in the captain's quarters conjured images of the presidency at sea not seen since Franklin D. Roosevelt used to sail to summit meetings." - New York Times
"As far as I'm concerned, that was one of the great pictures of all time." - Bob Schieffer
"Well, that was probably the coolest presidential image since Bill Pullman played the jet fighter pilot in the movie Independence Day. That was the first thing that came to mind for me. And it just shows you how high a mountain these Democrats are going to have to climb." - Time columnist Joe Klein
Why, what a bunch of lefties. Look at how harshly they criticised the president.
Hell, look at how harshly they criticise him now. Long south of 30 in the polls, one of the most unpopular presidents in 50 years, caught lying multiple times, started a war on false pretenses that he has since admitted were false, has failed miserably to accomplish a single objective from that war that was promised, has authorised the use of torture in contravention to the Geneva conventions, authorised illegal spying on Americans, etc, etc, etc... and yet the mainstream media in the US varies between the most diffident and guarded criticism and out and out cheerleading.
I'm not even going to start in on Fox News, except to note that there isn't a dedicatedly biased left-leaning news conglomerate, and gee, I wonder why that might be?

Messages In This Thread
Hmm - by Valles - 06-05-2006, 05:12 AM
Re: Hmm - by jpub - 06-05-2006, 07:54 AM
This again? - by Logan Darklighter - 06-05-2006, 02:05 PM
Re: Hmm - by Valles - 06-05-2006, 05:13 PM
Re: Hmm - by Ayiekie - 06-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Re: Hmm - by ECSNorway - 06-12-2006, 04:47 PM
Re: Hmm - by Ayiekie - 06-13-2006, 02:39 PM
Re: Hmm - by Valles - 06-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Re: Hmm - by Morganite - 06-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Re: Hmm - by blob - 06-24-2006, 09:48 PM
Re: Re: Hmm - by ECSNorway - 06-26-2006, 06:04 PM