Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More fun Fiction
Chapter 2
OK? what the heck is wrong witht he spacing? Hmm. I'll try and fix it later. Sorry about that. -Cindy-
Days of searching, asking questions, and bombardment of the Portal Corporation Facility by various members of the Mac Hine family they were a prodigious lot- had finally gotten Anamchara and Misonon a direction to search in. The various Mac Hine siblings volunteered to accompany the two Khelds when ever they could spare some time, but Anamchara would be the mission leader. The first task before them was to find Minerva Heisman, Minuets future sister-in-law. The second task was getting her home.
This was the 10th world they had tried, with no luck. Human/Kheldian energy signatures werent that common on these worlds but there always seemed to be one that needed to be investigated. Again, with this world, they had to go hunting.
They found a human female of approximately the right age. The problem was infiltrating the complex she was being held in. From the limited readings of the scanners they had cobbled together with no help from Portal Corp, the human/kheld seemed to be the only person in the complex. Taking every precaution, Misonon and Anamchara stealthed their way into the complex. It appeared that she was in a locked room. Whether it was for her own protection of not, they werent sure.
Is it a Nictus or do you think her personality is intact? Anamchara asked.
I cant tell from here.
Neither can I.
*Someone is coming.* Minerva Heisman, sleeping in the corner of her cell, woke up, but she didnt move. *Its an unfamiliar presence.*
Good or bad?
There was a pause. *I cant tell.* The door opened enough to let a person in, and then closed, but not all the way. A slim man with blonde hair slowly appeared in front of her.
Misonon opened the door slowly. Shes one of you. You go in and talk to her.
Anamchara snuck in and unstealthed slowly. He gave the young, tall blonde woman a smile. Im Anamchara. Are you Place Kicker?
What did you call me? Her jaw had dropped.
Place Kicker.
*How does he know Kharm?*
*Ask him who he comes from Minerva.*
Who sent you? Was she hoping against hope that someone had actually found her?
Minuet Mac Hine. Anamchara kept his smile on while his converted palm device scanned the woman and found a match.
I dont know the name. She looked confused. As if she hoped someone else would have sent help to her.
I didnt think you would. He handed her the palm device and it began scrolling pictures that Minuet had provided.
Place Kicker gently touched the screen of the palm device as pictures of her brother flipped across. Him as a young teenager in his high school football uniform; pictures of the family; Orens mutation; more pictures of the family this time without their father; a picture of Oren with Mama and a cute little red head it looked like they were celebrating Mamas birthday; and finally, the last picture it was obviously an engagement picture.
Oren is getting married? She was shocked. My baby Bro?
Yup. Anamchara looked back over his shoulder once.
We need to get you out of here. Get you home. He cant get married without you.
She stood slowly. Home. Taking a deep breath she looked around. Yeah, that be really nice.
How often do they patrol this section of the complex?
They dont. Its all video feeds. I havent seen a single living thing here, ever. And Ive been living in the area for . She didnt seem to know how long and it seemed to frighten her.
Anamchara whispered information to his partner on the other side and the two collaborated on a plan to get Place Kicker out. Finally, Anamchara turned back to her. My partner is able to do a form of teleportation. They will go on ahead and teleport us out. Stay here for now. Ill just be on the other side of the door. Dont worry, I wont lock it. Are you ok with this?
Without much choice, she nodded. She was still holding the palm device close to her chest. When Anamchara had left the room she flipped through the pictures again. The last four pictures had been taken after this had happened to her. Oren with Mama and the red head; and Oren and the red heads engagement picture. Was this her mysterious benefactor?
Anamchara poked his nose in as she was still contemplating the picture. Were ready to go.
Cuddling with Oren was the best hobby shed ever taken up, Minuet thought to herself as they were both settled on the sofa. He was reading a football magazine, she was stretched out with her head on his leg, reading a book. She was just getting to the good part in the book when her communicator went off. She looked at it lazily and then sat up quickly. Oren looked up from his football magazine. Whats wrong?
Min stopped the beeping and looked at her com again. Give me a minute to find out. She left the room and dialled the preset number.
Anamchara gave his report without Minuet saying a word. Were back, all three of us. Portal Corp has us in quarantine. Mizo and I will be about 2 days. Theyll probably keep HER a little longer. She looked healthy, shes in good spirits and shes looking forward to meeting you.
Ill be right there. Turning off her com unit, Minuet walked back into the living room and right to the patio door. She opened it slightly and stepped out onto the balcony. Poking her nose back into the house she said, Oren, meet me at Portal Corp. Without any other explanation she flew off in the direction of Peregrine Island. With in seconds her com beeped again. Yes?
You want to tell me why were going to Portal Corp so suddenly? She could tell he was already en route.
No. Did you lock the front door?
Yes, and the back door. Why? Did you forget your keys?
No. Below her Min could see the bright flash of light Oren made while running.
So, why wont you tell me? He was trying to cajole. Hed try tickling next. Good thing she wasnt within reach.
Its your wedding present.
She saw him stop moving for a second. Then he started up again. What did you get me from Portal Corp?
Im not telling. She was smiling.
He was waiting for her at the Portal Corp building. As she settled down to land, he gently picked up out of the air and gave her a kiss. I could make you talk. He leered at her, causing her to smile.
Wait just a bit longer Oren. Patience is needed here. Do I look ok? She smoothed down her shirt and skirt nervously.
As beautiful as ever. He said as he smiled down at her.
Min smiled back but she didnt stop for her customary kiss. Instead, she walked forward into one of the buildings. When Oren had caught up to her it appeared she had already spoken with a receptionist and had directions to where they needed to be. She turned back only once to see if he was following.
Hed never been to the quarantine area of Portal Corp. It looked like the rooms were suites with a private sleeping area, and bathroom he assumed; and a public living area with a large glass window opening onto the hallway so that those in quarantine could interact. Min stopped at one window where a young man and an older woman were sitting on the sofa, as if waiting for her. Oren was surprised the Min knew how to operate the speaker system. He only heard Mins part of the conversation though.
Thank you Anamchara, and you too Misonon. Hugs for both of you when you get out. There was a pause. Sure, hang on. She handed the phone to Oren. He took it hesitantly.
Hello.
Oren, Hi. Im Minuets friend Anamchara and this is Misonon. He gestured to the woman standing next to him. Congratulations on finding someone as lovely as Minuet. Oren mumbled something in response and blushed a little bit. If you turn around slowly, and look in the room kitty corner from you, youll see why Minuet brought you down here.

While Oren was busy with Anamchara, Min hurried across the hall. About 30 feet and one alcove separated her from Oren. She picked up the phone device. Minerva? Im Minuet Mac Hine. Welcome Home.

Oren turned slowly and found Min standing at a second room. The alcove walls hid who she was talking to. He moved slowly and uncertainly towards her. She and the woman she was talking to both turned to look at him at the same time. Minuet was grinning from ear to ear. The woman in the room was smiling, and crying. He stopped when he saw her clearly. His mouth moved but no sound came out. Finally, one did. Nervie.
Minuet went back to her friends and thanked them again and Oren and his sister had some private reunion time. When you two get out, youre coming over for dinner so I can thank you properly. They spoke of inconsequential things for a while before Min excused herself to join Oren and Minerva.

Messages In This Thread
More fun Fiction - by His Lovely Wife - 02-08-2007, 05:57 AM
oooh! - by Foxboy - 02-08-2007, 08:48 AM
Chapter 2 - by His Lovely Wife - 02-14-2007, 06:59 AM
reply - by Foxboy - 02-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Chapter 3 - by His Lovely Wife - 02-16-2007, 07:23 PM