Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The continuing interludes of Alexis Morgan(updated 3/31/10)
The continuing interludes of Alexis Morgan(updated 3/31/10)
A short Alexis interlude
Based on a random idea I had before going to work this afternoon.

When you lived in Paragon City, you got used to seeing lots of very strangely dressed people. The only ones who looked weirder than the heroes were the supervillains they fought. (Or was it the other way around?)
That being said, a naked redhead stalking towards the base portal still managed to turn a few heads. In most cases though, the audible snarling and unsheathed sword was sufficient to turn heads back the other way...
Alexis continued to mutter under her breath as she entered the base. If one listened closely, one could her her say complete gibberish.
"Arageteravaut'vah rafrazinmrgnbln nlvrdiplx..."
*Why? Why is it that every time I upgrade the wand, it ends up disappearing my clothes at least once. And it can't even do it when I'm working on it, no, it has to happen when I'm in combat! (At least the clockwork don't care what you have on...)*
She sighed as she sat down at the worktable, thankfully not in use at this hour. A mental command dropped her transformation, sending the sword in her hand to Someplace Else and replacing it with her henshin wand. Her hair resumed it's normal state of short and black, but she wouldn't be able to regain her normal clothes until she cleared the error state from the wand.
"I thought I'd fixed this months ago... and last month... and a couple weeks ago... and thursday..." she mumbled as she twisted the star on the top of the wand. With a series of incongruous ratcheting noises it expanded first into it's full baton form, and then into maintainence form, a bewildering tangle of wires and chips that took up most of the table. Dimensional compression made for lazy engineers, something that she as a lazy engineer appreciated. Besides, with this design she didn't have to solder anything. And there was nothing less fun than soldering naked.
She wished the original manufacturer had just put hardware protection on the costume RAM the way the energy converter was. (And that was certainly a blessing - having all her defenses go away at random would be even worse than just her clothes going away.) But they hadn't, and she didn't know quite enough about these systems to put it in herself. Just improving things enough to keep up with the local villains was taking everything she knew.
And this mod wouldn't even help with that. But it would help with her peace of mind. She kept feeling something -weird- when she was untransformed in the base, and she wanted to know what it was. And adding the new L-scanners to the wand would give her the precision her normal senses lacked to figure out, if not what it was, at least where it was.
As expected, the problem was another buffer overflow. The software should have shut down the new module before that happened, but that never seemed to work quite the way it should.
Alexis checked the wall clock as she returned the wand to operating mode. Good, still in time for her appointment. Justice did in fact wait for some, but it appreciated punctuality nonetheless.
"PRETTY MUTATION, MAGICAL RECALL!"
Ah, sweet sweet pseudofabric. Whatever would we do without you.

Yep, the invisible penguin is getting on her nerves.
If Alexis wasn't based on an RP avatar character, she'd probably be really mad at me for making the disappearing-clothes a recurring problem.
You are so lucky we're not into masochism.
*sweatdrop*
-Morgan, doesn't know what the posessive of "Alexis" is. Alexis's? Alexis'? @.@"I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, or espers here, come sleep with me."
---From "The Ecchi of Haruhi Suzumiya"
-----(Not really)

Messages In This Thread
The continuing interludes of Alexis Morgan(updated 3/31/10) - by Morganite - 08-21-2006, 06:46 AM
Re: A short Alexis interlude - by Acyl - 08-21-2006, 04:48 PM
engineered magical girl - by Foxboy - 08-21-2006, 04:57 PM
Re: engineered magical girl - by Acyl - 08-21-2006, 05:05 PM
Re: engineered magical girl - by Valles - 08-21-2006, 05:36 PM
Re: A short Alexis interlude - by Morganite - 08-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Alexis' Journal (8/23/06) - by Morganite - 08-24-2006, 04:04 AM
Alexis' Journal (10/5/06) - by Morganite - 10-06-2006, 06:19 AM
Re: Alexis' Journal (10/5/06) - by Bob Schroeck - 10-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Re: Alexis' Journal (10/5/06) - by Bob Schroeck - 10-06-2006, 06:56 PM
[No subject] - by Guest - 03-24-2008, 12:23 AM
[No subject] - by Morganite - 03-24-2008, 08:12 AM
Operation Beartrap, Part 1. - by Morganite - 05-22-2008, 06:00 AM