Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Face slider - "anime" proportions

Bob: as I mentioned in my last post, there IS effectively an eye slider - play with the brow sliders. This DOES stretch the eyes out. Pay careful attention to Atlantea/Logan's sample images - there IS a size difference, and it can be even greater if you max the brow sliders.
Mind...This has the unfortunate side effect of changing the character's hairline, however, or distorting the forehead. Generally you'd be raising the number two brow slider to the right, which then causes the hairline to, er, recede. The first brow slider to the right might cause the forehead to be too bulgy.
But that can be mitigated with use of the cranium sliders - if you then correspondingly push the middle cranium slider up, the hair gets taller. You can also pull the first cranium slider in or out... also consider pushing the third cranium slider (the z axis) in or out to either mitigate forehead bulge, or embrace it wholeheartedly. Why embrace it? Because some hairstyles have prominent bangs, and if you increase the prominence of said bangs, it hides the forehead distortion caused by playing with brow sliders for eye-size reasons.
Of course that might mean the head overall looks too big... which is when you pull in the middle head slider to the left. =D
It's all relative! 
(Yes I am insanely fussy about my character faces, why do you ask? =) ... in all seriousness, a lot of my early characters have pretty static faces. Syndesis, Space Mage. But my later characters - Glass Lass, Battery Acid, and so on, have very very tweaked faces slider-wise. Battery Acid in particular uses the 'faux eye slider' trick, as the narrow-eyed 'Asian' face has eyes a touch too slender for my tastes. I've also used the lip trick I mentioned to fair effect on her, or more notably Leading Lady, my Widow; but I suspect most folks haven't seen Lady.)
-- Acyl

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by sweno - 02-23-2009, 03:00 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 02-23-2009, 03:27 PM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 02-23-2009, 03:27 PM
[No subject] - by Acyl - 02-23-2009, 03:29 PM