Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tales of the Legendary: The Love Life and Suffering of Leon McNichol

"-- so I said to him, 'Listen, pal, I don't -care- which one of you started it, you're both under arrest.'"

"And then?" Robin eyed him amusedly from the couch as Leon rummaged through the fridge. He still lived in a studio apartment, but he'd managed
to furnish it better than it had been when he first arrived.

"And then they both opened fire," Leon replied, shrugging. He emerged from the depths of the fridge with two chilled beers in his hands and kicked
the door shut with his foot. "On me," he added to underscore the point. "Which shouldn't have been a problem, right?" He set the
beers on the counter and began searching the drawers, opening and closing them in rapid succession as he looked for a bottle opener.

"Right...?"

Leon nodded wryly. "Right. Except that brain-dead excuse for a medbot HE-AT saddled me with chose right then to install a software update. 'THIS
UNIT IS ENTERING MAINTENANCE MODE' is all I could get out of him." He frowned and scratched his head with one hand, the other on his hip, as he
surveyed his small kitchen area with a frustrated look on his face. "(Now where the hell did my bottle opener go?)" he muttered.

Robin cleared her throat to get his attention. He looked up. She was grinning at him and waving one extended claw in the air. He blinked and shrugged,
smiling. "That'll work," he said, and carried the bottles out, plopping down on the other end of the couch. Robin opened the bottles easily and
handed one back to him. He nodded his thanks and continued his story.

"So, yeah. Two Council goofballs unloading on me, my backup is downloading a service pack or something like that, and I'm almost out of ammo. Bad
time to be me, I'm thinking. I ducked behind a car to reload." He shrugged helplessly. "Seemed like a good idea at the time."

Robin eyed him curiously. "And?"

Leon took a long sip off his bottle and stared at the screensaver playing on the big-screen while the DVD player patiently waited for them to fire it up.
"They blew up the car," he said nonchalantly.

Robin choked on her beer and tried not to spray it across the living room. Leon grinned at her and waited until the coughing jag subsided, then marked an
imaginary '1' up in the air. "Score!" he announced. "You're supposed to drink it, not inhale it," he pointed out helpfully.

Robin whacked him on the arm. "You did that on purpose," she declared.

"Well, yeah."

"So what's the movie tonight?" Robin folded her arms and looked at the screen, a grin tugging at the corner of her mouth. Leon consulted the
DVD cover.

"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull," he read aloud. "Wonder if Kentucky's getting royalties off that..."

Robin picked up the remote and hit 'Play', then scooted over next to Leon. He raised an eyebrow at her. The incident at division HQ earlier
notwithstanding, he was still unsure what exactly she was up to. Or what he was up to, for that matter.

"Can't reach the popcorn from over there," she explained reasonably. "And I'm cold. You're not."

"You're the one with fur..." Leon pointed out.

"Shut up and watch the movie, dummy," she replied, snagging a handful of popcorn and snuggling under Leon's arm.

"Yes, ma'am."

When the movie was over they chatted a bit longer before Robin rose and stretched as only a catgirl could. As was becoming almost routine, Leon did his best
not to stare (much), and Robin pretended she didn't notice him doing so. She switched off the TV and turned to face him with a decisive flick of her tail.

"Enough dancing around, McNichol," she stated firmly.

"... what?" he replied.

"You know what," she replied, and reached up. He hadn't noticed before, but she was wearing a tight-fitting top with a zipper closure running
down the front. With a slow, languid gesture, it was unzipped and left to hang open, showing a tantalizing glimpse -- but no details, not yet! -- of her
chest. She leaned forward, placing her hands on his shoulders, her legs brushing the couch and touching the outside of his knees, and brought her lips close
to his ear.

"You've been thinking about it for a while now," she purred -- literally. Leon gulped.

"I, uh--"

"I have too," she said, closing her eyes and brushing her cheek across his, leaning forward even more until he could feel her warm weight on his
chest as she pressed her body close to his. The short skirt she was wearing wasn't in the least restrictive, and slid across his jeans as she moved to
straddle his legs, her knees outside his hips.

He turned his head, opened his mouth to speak, and she kissed him. Hard. Their tongues met and his hands came up to her waist, then slid lower to cup her
hips as she began to moan and cry out his name. He'd been dreaming of that, lately, it was impossible not to with the way she looked and he'd been
trying, dammit, he'd been trying to behave himself, it wasn't easy --

"Leon?"

-- it wasn't easy at all, but he didn't have to worry about it anymore, she'd started it, not him, and --

"Leon!"

-- he snapped awake with a start, staring into Robin's concerned eyes from a distance of perhaps six inches. She was bent over him, gripping his shoulders
firmly, preventing him from lunging to his feet as his body was flooded with adrenaline.

"Geez, Leon, what's the matter?" she inquired with concern in her voice. "You fell asleep..."

"... I, uh..." Leon raised one hand to wipe at his face as Robin released his shoulders and stood. She was dressed as she'd been when she
arrived, in jeans and a t-shirt, and he shook his head to clear his thoughts. "Sorry," he said. "Weird dream."

She raised an eyebrow at him, to which he shrugged. He sure as hell wasn't going to try to explain it to her. Not right now.

... and he wasn't going to be standing up any time soon, either, he noted to himself.

"Well... if you're sure you're okay," she said. Something in her tone made him look up at her sharply -- how much did she know?! -- but her
face held no trace of her thoughts. "It was a good movie. We should watch it again sometime when you're awake," she noted playfully, and Leon
managed a wan grin.

"Yeah... sorry about that," he said. "I ... must've been more tired than I thought."

"C'mon, Leon, one beer and you're out? Pansy."

He scowled at her, but there was no heat to it. "Gimme a break, it was a long day."

"Heh, yeah." She stretched and Leon forced himself to look away -- it was too much to take in the mood he was in. She clapped him playfully on the
shoulder. "Well, it was fun, but I've got to get going. Night hunting is the best hunting." She looked at him and smiled brightly. "Want
to come?"

"... I think I'd better not," he managed after a moment. "Gonna be another long day tomorrow."

"Okay then." Robin bent down and gave him a light peck on the cheek. "See you later, Leon. Sweet dreams."

The door closed behind her twitching tail before he could form a response to that.

--sofaspud
--"Listening to your kid is the audio equivalent of a Salvador Dali painting, Spud." --OpMegs

Messages In This Thread
[No subject] - by Wiregeek - 04-20-2009, 05:33 PM
[No subject] - by sweno - 04-20-2009, 07:35 PM
[No subject] - by Sofaspud - 04-20-2009, 07:35 PM
[No subject] - by Wiregeek - 04-20-2009, 07:41 PM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 04-21-2009, 12:50 AM
[No subject] - by Sofaspud - 04-21-2009, 12:59 AM
[No subject] - by sweno - 04-21-2009, 01:26 AM
[No subject] - by Sofaspud - 04-21-2009, 01:41 AM
[No subject] - by Ankhani - 04-21-2009, 02:45 AM
[No subject] - by Foxboy - 04-21-2009, 03:35 AM
[No subject] - by Bob Schroeck - 04-21-2009, 04:06 AM