Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what happens if a real disaster/crisis shows up?
RE: So what happens if a real disaster/crisis shows up?
I suppose the distinction lies in that, while a recognized, public figure (I hesitate to use the word "celebrity", in as much as I know the difference between "famous" and "infamous"), Limbaugh has zero authority over those who listen to his program; he is not compelling them to stay, he's offering a bullshit excuse to not go. It also wouldn't surprise me to find the specific language he used is such that he's given himself an "out" for any claims of culpability: an "if" here, a "could be" there.

Morally, he's scum (no news there). Legally, he's just another asshole selling fact-defying "entertainment" for sponsors (and there's no law against that).
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle
"Being told to be 'open minded' about something is usually a code for 'you're not going to like this, but I want to subject you to it anyway'. Conversely, being told that you are 'closed-minded' is generally a means of asserting that 'I don't like the fact that you're proving me wrong, so I will pretend that your failure to agree with my argument is a philosophical deficiency'." - RationalWiki

Messages In This Thread
RE: So what happens if a real disaster/crisis shows up? - by Spoilsport - 09-08-2017, 06:16 PM