Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rock and Roll Dreams
Re: Rock and Roll Dreams
Steinman is always a great choice for Doug. In fact, the Coda at the very end of DW2 is a verse from a Steinman song. (I won't say the title, not because it's a spoiler, but because you'll get the wrong idea -- the title is a little flip compared to the lines I've chosen.)
Quote:
f Megatokyo has a giant mana-node that supercharges his powers other places might have low mana making Doug almost 'normal'.
Actually, there was once a passage -- I think it might have ended up on the cutting room floor -- where Doug notes that his homeworld is a low-mana world, where the mages have evolved to use magic with incredible efficiency. That's why, in fact, he can use the node under the city to boost his songs. It would take a no-mana world to completely shut down his power -- and even then, all his physical mutations would still be functioning, as they are separate from his magegift.
Quote:
On a lighter note the part about the angels having guitars could make for a cute gag in EVA or OMG.
At the moment, there is a line from "Love, Death, and an American Guitar" slated for use in DW5: "It had a heart of chrome, and a voice like a horny angel."
Actually, in retrospect, there are a lot of Steinman songs with angel imagery, and many of them would be appropriate in one way or another for DW5...
As for what the song might do... I like the idea of it letting him loan his power, or clone it, to another person. Alternately, it might be a kind of Limited Wish song... very powerful, but maybe limited to things you could describe with rock lyrics.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Messages In This Thread
Rock and Roll Dreams - by Loki Laufeyjarson - 10-23-2003, 10:15 PM
Re: Rock and Roll Dreams - by Bob Schroeck - 10-24-2003, 04:45 AM
Re: Rock and Roll Dreams - by Loki Laufeyjarson - 10-24-2003, 03:43 PM
Re: Rock and Roll Dreams - by Bob Schroeck - 10-24-2003, 07:03 PM
Re: Rock and Roll Dreams - by Loki Laufeyjarson - 10-25-2003, 10:53 PM
Re: Rock and Roll Dreams - by Bob Schroeck - 10-28-2003, 04:33 PM
Re: Rock and Roll Dreams - by Loki Laufeyjarson - 10-28-2003, 11:33 PM