Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Doug's FUZION character sheet
Re: Getting close to wrapping up, I think.
Quote:
But it's become clear that you and your group are playing pretty high powered characters in a long running established campaign with a lot of experience points.
That we are. I joined the campaign in 1987, and it had already been running a couple years at that point. What is amusing to me is that (to the best of my knowledge) none of the original players are left in the group -- they all faded out and it kept going without them.
Quote:
I think I'll concede the point that the Warrior's are at oh Justice League level?
I think you'd be right on the money, except for the fact that even when we had Jeff/Shockwave in the group, we never had anyone who was at the power level of, say, Superman. Although Shockwave came very close...
Quote:
I shudder to think what's going to happen to the poor Knight Sabers with that level of power directed at them ^^;;
It won't be all of the Warriors, and they'll be merciful.
Quote:
Fuzion's "Rule of X" (BGC page 28, if you're curious) is a lot like the campaign limits that I've always played under. Once you reach those limits, your character tends to broaden their skill base rather than get overtly more powerful. If you are in a campaign that goes on long enough, the GM may raise those limits for everyone. But I've rarely been in a campaign that lasted that long. I guess that's what makes me nervous about viewing Doug's character sheet. (Game Master senses tingling! DANGER! ^_^)
Well, yeah, I mention on the Fuzion page that's Doug's rule of X number is somewhere in the twenties -- that's definitely not player character territory, at least not starting PCs. But then again, Doug's been in play since 1987 -- although there's been a long hiatus in the campaign which is only now ending. (Without that hiatus, gods, I can only imagine how powerful all the Warriors would be... Doug made 11th level in seven fully-active years of playing; add seven or eight more years on top of that, and he might have been 15th or higher...)
Quote:
With that in mind, I'll just offer this character sheet as an alternate, slightly "lower-end" Douglas Sangnoir, and we'll just leave it at that, 'kay? ^_^
Actually, I have long been concerned that my writeup was overpowered in some ways -- although the attributes never struck me as a problem! Now that someone fully familiar with with Fuzion has corrected the worst of my errors, I'd be perfectly happy to post the revised version as the "official" one!
Quote:
Indeed. Looking through one of their enemies books and shaking my head at some of the names and concepts - Cosmic Zoom, Captain Floop, Lady Seven (what happened to the other six? ^_^), Warwagon (a guy in a superpowered wheelchair for crying out loud!) Owww... Brain hurting...
Jeff Dee -- good artist, good idea guy, bad designer of supertypes. To be fair, though, I suspect Dee's probably embarrassed of some of those early characters, now. I know I would be...
Oddly enough, bringing this up reminds me of one of the characters who influenced Looney Toons. A published character, although in an early Champions module instead of V&V -- "Bad Medicine for Doctor Drugs". One of the sample player characters was a martial artist type who could only fight while listening to her walkman -- I think they called her Flashdancer. It was really a combination of her and the Spellsinger books (I'm blanking on the author's name, dammit) that germinated the idea for Looney Toons. And since I'm revealing all these deep, dark secrets, Doug's uniform is based very slightly on that which Doug "Cipher" Ramsey wore once as a member of the New Mutants, in an issue published back in the middle 1980s -- the main influence was the idea of the helmet with the antenna coming up on one side, although Cipher's helmet looked more like sports headgear, and the "antenna" may actually have been one of those little boom mikes swivelled up and out of the way of his face.
Quote:
The other mechanic that covers what you need is a power called "Hand-to-Hand Attack", commonly abbreviated as (HA).
I think this is the way I'd want to go, given your descriptions. Because of the damage ceilings I've set, he probably won't ever "push" his STR beyond 7. But you will see him do at least that much in chapter 12...
Quote:
I think you mean Guardians of Order, don't you? And yes, I would recommend their entire line. ^_^
Yes, that's who I meant. And I browsed their entire line at Anime Expo NY... I was sooo tempted, but out of money at that point.
Quote:
Anyway. I'll post those EX character stats next in separate thread as requested.
Saw'em, thanks!

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Doug's FUZION character sheet - by Morgan Champion - 10-12-2002, 10:43 PM
Dexterity - by drakensis - 10-12-2002, 11:52 PM
Re: Dexterity - by Logan Darklighter - 10-13-2002, 04:22 AM
Re: Dexterity - by Bob Schroeck - 10-13-2002, 05:33 AM
Re: Dexterity - by Logan Darklighter - 10-13-2002, 06:04 AM
Re: Dexterity - by Bob Schroeck - 10-13-2002, 06:26 AM
Re: Dexterity - by Logan Darklighter - 10-13-2002, 09:26 AM
Ah HAH! - by Logan Darklighter - 10-13-2002, 06:21 PM
Re: Dexterity - by Bob Schroeck - 10-14-2002, 12:44 AM
Re: Getting close to wrapping up, I think. - by Bob Schroeck - 10-15-2002, 02:24 PM
Spellsinger - by Ebony - 10-16-2002, 09:13 PM
Re: Spellsinger - by Valles - 10-17-2002, 12:40 AM
Re: Spellsinger - by Bob Schroeck - 10-17-2002, 01:51 PM
Expanded Martial Arts - by Logan Darklighter - 10-17-2002, 05:45 PM
Re: Expanded Martial Arts - by Bob Schroeck - 10-17-2002, 07:04 PM
One more thing... - by Bob Schroeck - 10-18-2002, 01:55 PM
Sentimental Old Fool - by drakensis - 10-19-2002, 12:35 AM
Shifters Playtest - by Morgan Champion - 10-19-2002, 06:39 AM
Damage - by Logan Darklighter - 10-19-2002, 08:28 AM
Re: Damage - by Bob Schroeck - 10-19-2002, 05:01 PM
Re: Expanded Martial Arts - by Logan Darklighter - 10-20-2002, 03:36 AM
Re: Expanded Martial Arts - by Bob Schroeck - 10-21-2002, 05:53 AM