Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gundam Liberate Comment Thread
Re: Installment 2
Quote:
And, yup, he's lost his eyeballs. Given the extent of cybernetic tech this universe appears to have, I'm guessing he'll end up with prosthetic vision, but whether it'll look like regular eyes or something like Char's mask remains to be seen.
I am not unaware of the traditions...
Quote:
Ooooo, shiny. Of course, a competently-run security apparatus will minimize the usefulness of the security-related data, but still...
And the mysterious unidentifiable system aboard the Gundam? Some hints *must* be in that database somewhere...
No need - the late Doctor Ngumba told her what it was.
Quote:
winch
D'oh! Thought I fixed that!
Quote:
electronics, no apostrophe.
Whoops, thanks!
Quote:
Not something we've ever seen in a Gundam universe, AFAICR. Though how your average canonical Gundam pulls off all those melee maneuvers with just joysticks and pedals is a heck of a question...
I consider original Gundam's 'learning computer' to be a far worse handwave than anything to do with the machine's power or structure. It's even less forgivable since there are clear and easy alternatives that are far more practical... Anyway, IIRC, there are hints in some of SEED's terminology that its Mobile Weapons use some kind of at least partial thought-interface.
Quote:
What "chassis"? Is she sitting in a pilot's seat, or in some kind of Gunbuster-esque full-body frame? The cockpit interior description could use just a bit more fleshing out, IMO.
The patchwork rebel MSs have FMP or Escaflowne-like shrouding frames; Liberate is a fly-by-jack machine whose cockpit is mostly there to protect the pilot, and only has a couple of small console screens - it's designed to route everything HUDlike through either the pilot's suit faceplace or their spinal cord.
I'm also amused to note that no comment has been made about the lack of real descriptions of any of the characters. ^_^

===============================================
"Nyan-nyan nyan-nyan nihaou nyan!"
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Messages In This Thread
Re: Gundam Liberate Comment Thread - by Valles - 12-30-2007, 02:42 AM
Ego-Boo... - by SkyeFire - 12-30-2007, 09:01 AM
Re: Ego-Boo... - by Valles - 12-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Delta-V and the curse of logistics - by SkyeFire - 01-02-2008, 07:04 AM
Installment 2 - by SkyeFire - 01-13-2008, 10:37 PM