Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIII
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIII
Ongoing stuff from the end of the last thread:

"Turn of the Millennium" lists:

(01-08-2019, 04:34 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Do we really need all the subpages under Turn of the Millennium? I mean, they're just lists, not content. If the pages are properly categorized, this is all redundant. And they're all at least six years out of date anyway, as new works pages get created and not added to these lists.
(01-08-2019, 07:12 PM)robkelk Wrote: Much like that no-longer-existing page of where all those tropes' images came from, we can use them as checklists to make sure the works actually have the categories. As we confirm the categories are present, we can take the works off of these lists... and eventually redirect the pages to the matching categories.

Search bar weirdness:

(01-14-2019, 08:47 AM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 07:17 PM)robkelk Wrote: Oh, and has anybody else had trouble using the search box to find categories, templates and files since the last upgrade?

It's not just the search box. The pop-up hints no longer offer templates, categories or files, either.
(01-16-2019, 10:20 PM)robkelk Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 07:25 PM)robkelk Wrote: I just tried setting the project namespace to being a namespace that has content. Let's give it a bit of time to index, and check in a few hours whether we can search for All The Tropes pages.

Two hours later, and no joy. (And I won't have time to enter a Phabricator report until tomorrow night at the earliest - could somebody else file a trouble ticket, please?)

And "TVT approved examples"
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XIII - by robkelk - 01-18-2019, 08:35 AM