Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI
(08-02-2021, 10:36 PM)GethN7 Wrote: Important heads-up:

I'm trying to prune subpages for stuff like Funny/Film and other things we have dedicated categories for on the main page (to eliminate repeated content and to cross out red links for wanted pages), and in the process, I found a lot of works do not have {{worksubpagefooter}} on other subpages. While all new subpages will include it by default, you can easily tell if the source page and related existing subpages do not by seeing if they have a blue link for the category or if the category itself links all available subpages. If it doesn't, they all need fixed to replace all categories save the subpage category to just have {{worksubpagefooter}}, which automatically assigns the base page name of the page as the category and will do so in case the page needs a rename in the future, as it will auto-redirect to the new page name.

If anyone wants to double-check my work, please do. Note, this is not something easily fixed by bot, so it needs done by hand.

One note on this: {{worksubpagefooter}} and {{tropesubpagefooter}} (identical except that {{worksubpagefooter}} puts the name of the top-level page in italics to match our Style Guide) only work properly on a first-sublevel page ("FOO/subpage"). They break on a second-sublevel page ("FOO/subpage/subsubpage"), and there's nothing that I can do about that with MediaWiki's current collection of magic words.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXI - by robkelk - 08-03-2021, 08:14 AM