Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIV
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIV
(01-14-2022, 07:35 PM)GethN7 Wrote:
(01-14-2022, 07:00 PM)robkelk Wrote: We might not need to ask for CommentStreams, if I'm reading two entries in the migration announcement correctly:

Quote:    Once the migration is completed, does that mean the Comments extension will finally be enabled on all wikis? ?️ my Name is Katsumi KamenRiderRevice-logo.webp talk KamenRiderRevice-logo.webp contributions 13:50, 8 January 2022 (UTC)
    The comments extension is active when connecting via SCSVG, yes. This will be automatic. ~ RhinosF1 - (chat)· acc· c - (    online) 12:10, 9 January 2022 (UTC)

Oh, and it's now 75 minutes into the 30-minute migration and Miraheze is still read-only. Not that I expected a seamless migration - from the announcement, it's obvious that they had no way to test things beforehand - but we can't even get a status update on Meta.

EDIT: No updates on their Twitter feed, either. And Phabricator is broken - https://phabricator.miraheze.org/ only displays error messages when Miraheze is in read-only mode. (Bad coding there, folks - the homepage should always be reachable, even if only to display a 404 message. What's happening now makes it look like the entire site is broken. somebody remind me to enter a Phabricator ticket about the bork once Phabricator is back online, please.)

Comments is for the blog comments. CommentStreams is a more wiki friendly discussion format without Flow issues and SocialProfile integration with avatars.

So we still want it, then. Thanks.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIV - by robkelk - 01-14-2022, 08:02 PM