Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anime recs and requests, a new beginning
RE: Anime recs and requests, a new beginning
While it's a webcomic rather than an anime, it didn't seem worth starting a new thread to ask - is it just me, or did Grrl Power's art have a sudden change in style and general quality around... mmm, 2017 I guess? The outlines went away, which is just a stylistic choice even if not one I personally like, but also characters' faces and body structure gets more and more inconsistent from then on, until where I've gotten up to in mid 2019 if not for having the same hair and clothes you would think every panel had different characters in them, and if the hands were a bit more eldritch you'd think it was AI generated, or at least by modern-ish (like a year or two ago) AI. Which obviously 2019 comics are not, let alone 2017, but it's got kind of look. Heck, maybe they're partly 3D rendered and retouched? But that would not at all explain the physical oddities.

early 2017 page
2018 page
2019 page

Which probably says more about what the AI models are being trained with, but my point was that the early pages looked a lot better, at least by me, and by 2019 they're getting kind of off-puttingly freakish, especially in the eyes. I just wondered what other folks here thought about it.
--
‎noli esse culus

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anime recs and requests, a new beginning - by classicdrogn - 05-09-2024, 08:00 AM