Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIX
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIX
(04-24-2024, 06:19 AM)robkelk Wrote:
(04-23-2024, 09:50 PM)Labster Wrote: In some sense, I understand why you think that a community director should answer questions that the community asks.  On the other hand, given the upset and rancor yesterday caused by simply uploading an icon on a wiki, I would fear for my physical safety to answer that question.

Uploading an icon caused a furor? Looks like I need to go read Meta again... EDIT, a half-hour later: Where's the furor? I can't find it...

As for the question, I don't need an answer immediately. I don't even need an answer that commits somebody to a future course of action. But I do want something so that I can make an informed vote.

Apparently it was all on Discord, and the bullying was bad enough to make our President of WikiTide Foundation quit and GDPR his wiki account. I don't even know man, snowflakes everywhere.

I'm also not on the Discord now, but that's for another somewhat related reason: during my presentation at MWcon, one of our moderators was pretending that he had been directed by the board to say stuff on our behalf, which had the end result of making everyone even more upset. I removed his moderator privileges for abuse of authority, and called for other privileges to be removed -- this is not a one time problem since this guy also tricked me into hosting a meeting saying it had been approved by someone else. Anyway, people got really upset that it was a huge abuse of power to remove moderator from someone who lies to them, and I had to go through a process of voting instead. I left Discord because I don't want to be involved in an outlet where people spread disinformation.

Which is to say that I don't know what happened in this particular furor, because I didn't see any of it.
"Kitto daijoubu da yo." - Sakura Kinomoto

Messages In This Thread
RE: All The Tropes Wiki Project, Part XXIX - by Labster - 04-24-2024, 12:13 PM