Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kick ALL the Starters, Part III: Fund ALL the Crowds!
RE: Kick ALL the Starters, Part III: Fund ALL the Crowds!
"Come on, grab your friends
We'll go to very distant lands
With Jake the Dog and Finn the Human
The fun will never end
It's Adventure Time!"
(spoken) The Roleplaying Game!

Cryptozoic Entertainment Wrote:If you’re not familiar with 5E rules, don’t worry! Roleplaying games are about letting your imagination run wild as you create your own characters and stories. The rules provide support for your imagination and structure for your hero, but take a back seat to the FUN play at the table.

For those new to roleplaying games entirely, we are providing Jake’s Shmowzow Guide to Roleplaying Games with every copy of the Core Book exclusively on Kickstarter. It’s a simple guide to get any person started having fun with the Adventure Time RPG. Written by Ray Winninger, co-designer of the DC Heroes RPG and former Executive Producer of Dungeons & Dragons, the guide includes the needed core rules from the 5E OGL, a simple step-by-step explanation of the simple ideas you need to understand to begin play, and finally a walk-through of the character creation process. All guided by Jake!

WHY 5E?

Adventure Time has its roots in the older editions of Dungeons & Dragons, with episodes and story arcs that grew from the pastiche fantasy adventure that the second and third editions laid out so beautifully. We believe that the high-quality design of 5E—and its very nature—are well-suited to capturing the open-ended excitement and sense of wonder that are at the core of Adventure Time. If Dungeons & Dragons gave birth to Adventure Time, using 5E for Adventure Time: The Roleplaying Game brings everything full circle and is true to the spirit of the series.

We believe that we can craft and implement the world of Ooo and the features of the Adventure Time RPG best in 5E, empowering you with the feeling that you can be any person you want to be and that anything can happen when you step out your door for adventure!

(Also, there was a lot more demand for the 5E version than for the "Yes, And" ruleset that CZE had initially said they were going to do first, so they swapped positions.)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze...aying-game

And/or you can go even further with Kevin Maguire's Tanga vs the Kaiju of Cammera!

Rocketship let it be Wrote:Hi! My name is Kevin Maguire! You may know me from such memorable series as “Justice League International”, “Man Of Steel”, ”Adventures Of Captain America” and “Batman Confidential”. Apologies to Troy McClure.

When I go to conventions all over the country, heck, all over the globe and I’m asked the same question-

“Who is your favorite character?”

My answer is the same every time.“Tanga!”

And, inevitably, the response is always…”Who?”

A decade and a half ago, I got to write and draw 12 ten-page chapters for DC Comics introducing the world to the purple intergalactic force of nature called TANGA. (Later, I learned that “tanga” in Spanish referred to “panties”. Well, what are ya gonna do. I took French in high school.) She was a wandering space goddess (think the Silver Surfer with some Harley Quinn mixed in) who finds herself on a planet that’s having a bit of a Kaiju problem.

Published in two halves, the first half came out in the anthology series “Weird Worlds” and the second half in a series named “My Greatest Adventure”. In between both, DC did this little thing called “The New 52”, so TANGA pretty much went unnoticed. But I hoped people would be able to catch up with it in the trade paperback.

But they never did one.

So, we’re here to rectify that.

The fine and very organized folks at Rocketship Entertainment and I are doing this Kickstarter to finally, FINALLY put the TANGA tale in a collected edition, all for your reading pleasure! Now, of course, I want everyone to come along, but I know that’s asking too much. But if you’re reading this, I sincerely hope you DO give it a go. We’ve also added a few fun bells and whistles in the hopes it will whet your appetites.

This is my first time doing a Kickstarter. It’s for my favorite project I’ve ever done and I hope you enjoy reading it half as much as I enjoyed doing it.

(signed)

-Kevin

It looks fun. I fancy a flutter. He may have had me at "think the Silver Surfer with some Harley Quinn mixed in", if I'm honest.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/roc...in-maguire

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kick ALL the Starters, Part III: Fund ALL the Crowds! - by Mamorien - 04-18-2024, 04:50 PM