Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[META] If somebody's looking for something to write about...

Daz 3d, and its mostly in purchasable props/etc that you can use to turn the basic human into a furry
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Correct. (Got the add-ins, haven't installed them yet. Maybe this weekend.)

FenWiki update - I just stubbed http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... odeus_Grey]Dr. Asmodeus Grey. Have at him, folks...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Having just discovered the Kennedy Media Gallery and a couple of other NASA galleries, there are now a bunch of images on various FenWiki pages. (I'm particularly impressed by the Kennedy Media Gallery's http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... lenger.jpg]Challenger pre-maiden-flight photo.)

And I've stubbed a page for http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Opportunity]everybody's favourite Mars Rover.
--
Rob Kelk

Was mucking around using inkscape. Had a go at drawing up the Destiny Nova with it. Not perfect, but I'm feeling inordinately proud of myself for getting this far.

Thanks to the JPL collection of Spitzer Space Telescope images, the Interstellar pages (including http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... n_Fenspace]the main Interstellar page) are now slightly prettier to look at. (I haven't figured out a good place to use http://www.spitzer.caltech.edu/images/2 ... Cool-Stars]this image, though - any suggestions?)

While I was on the FenWiki, I added HRogge to http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... Collective]the Fenspace Collective list, and tossed a paragraph into the middle of http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Azkaban_Prison]one of the stub pages.
--
Rob Kelk

http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Agatha_Clay]Can you spot the new paragraph? (Or is the new image too big a distraction?)
--
Rob Kelk

Image lock... And to be honest, something doesnt feel right. call me as Mad as the bluest of hairs, but it seems like her secondary mamaliaen charecteristics are both too large, and might be hanging too low, for what I can see of the rest of her.

Might be the camera angle, might be something in my own perception... Just something Just doesnt look right. almost like her head is too small for the rest of her? I cant really put my finger on what it is any any better than I've tried to do.
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to split the sky?
That's every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry-

NO QUARTER!!!
-- "No Quarter", by Echo's Children

Her face and glasses remind me of my aunt... with a lighter shade of hair. I laughed quite a bit

Star Ranger4 Wrote:Image lock... And to be honest, something doesnt feel right. call me as Mad as the bluest of hairs, but it seems like her secondary mamaliaen charecteristics are both too large, and might be hanging too low, for what I can see of the rest of her.

Might be the camera angle, might be something in my own perception... Just something Just doesnt look right. almost like her head is too small for the rest of her? I cant really put my finger on what it is any any better than I've tried to do.
Her breasts are about as big as how Phil and Kaja draw them. They're hanging low because she isn't wearing anything under that open-past-the-cleavage top. (Big ones droop if not supported...)

As for her head, it's actually 1% larger than the standard figure's head. She's supposed to look not-quite-right, after performing self-modifications without any assistance. (Sora's new body looks good because Dee helped. Agatha didn't have anybody to critique her esthetics, or even hold a mirror for her.)

Edit: If/when she gets some help that she'll listen to, she'll go back to looking "normal"... but that image is of her when she didn't have that help.
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Agatha_Clay]Can you spot the new paragraph? (Or is the new image too big a distraction?)
Noah should be a little bit more careful with his AI awaking spree. Wink

After all, A.I. is a crapshoot.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Hey, having only one out of twelve "go bad" is a pretty good record...
--
Rob Kelk

And she went bad for a purely "human" reason: Petty Jealousy.

Hm. Who else does she have a mad-on against due to "fame"...
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

robkelk Wrote:Hey, having only one out of twelve "go bad" is a pretty good record...
Only one until 2014... maybe some of them still will go bad later. Wink

HRogge Wrote:
robkelk Wrote:Hey, having only one out of twelve "go bad" is a pretty good record...
Only one until 2014... maybe some of them still will go bad later. Wink
No indications of such a thing happening yet.  It's kinda dystopian, anyways, and we're trying to avoid that vibe.
(On the other hand, if someone wanted to do the classic Dr. Horrible villain, I doubt there'll be many complaints.)

Foxboy Wrote:And she went bad for a purely "human" reason: Petty Jealousy.

Hm. Who else does she have a mad-on against due to "fame"...

http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... cter_Guide]Here's an incomplete list. Okay, okay...

"Who does Suzumiya think she is? Just because she called a Convention, she thinks she can run a war. Well, I'll show her! I'll go work for the other side!"

"My musician clanks are every bit as good as the Hong Kong Cavaliers! Why do they get all the good press and I get nothing?" (because you aren't the one playing the instruments, and the Cavaliers have skill and passion)

"Why do people like Vulpine Fury's android bodies better than mine? Why?" (because you have no artistic ability, dear... although you did do a decent job building http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Yuu_Inagawa]Yuu)

Feel free to add to the list...
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:Who does Suzumiya think she is? Just because she called a Convention, she thinks she can run a war.

Well, let's be fair; this is a completely valid criticism that happens to be somewhere between 75 and 100% right.
Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

robkelk Wrote:Who does Suzumiya think she is? Just because she called a Convention, she thinks she can run a war.
M Fnord Wrote:Well, let's be fair; this is a completely valid criticism that happens to be somewhere between 75 and 100% right.
I refer you to the old saying about stopped clocks, and ask you to apply it to Agatha's mindset.
--
Rob Kelk

blackaeronaut Wrote:(On the other hand, if someone wanted to do the classic Dr. Horrible villain, I doubt there'll be many complaints.)
Hmmmmm... Does A.C. Peters have an archfoe yet? (She's the only active Super I can think of at the moment...)
--
Rob Kelk

Only active mainline canon Super, yes.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

The problem with giving A.C. Peters a "Dr. Horrible"-like archfoe is that she's not at all like Captain Hammer. In fact, assuming I've correctly guessed Dr. Horrible's character (I've never seen his Sing-Along Blog, only read descriptions. The impression I get is that he thinks Utopia Social Justice Justifies the Means), A.C. is more like a Dr. Horrible who's aware of certain unfortunate social and political truths (namely, that "Social Justice Justifies the Means" won't work).

A.C. has her problems, not the least of which is that fact she has no reservations about using lethal force if called for. Not exactly a comic code super. A 'Dr. Horrible' would either be subverted or outright killed if they proved to fill the 'archfoe' role. She does not need the agro.

I did have some plans for a nemesis for A.C. (and they are around in Fenspace), but I ended up realising a bit of A.C.'s history differently and have a more difficult time arranging things is such a fashion. That and the fact A.C.'s paying job is Handwavium Researcher, not Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

On a meta level a justifiable foe for A.C., that could not be effectively dealt with by her allies if not herself, would need to be discussed by the Collective, give the threat level they'd represent. It's one of the reasons I keep her back at the Forge most of the time.

Cobalt Greywalker Wrote:A.C. has her problems, not the least of which is that fact she has no reservations about using lethal force if called for. Not exactly a comic code super. A 'Dr. Horrible' would either be subverted or outright killed if they proved to fill the 'archfoe' role. She does not need the agro.

I did have some plans for a nemesis for A.C. (and they are around in Fenspace), but I ended up realising a bit of A.C.'s history differently and have a more difficult time arranging things is such a fashion. That and the fact A.C.'s paying job is Handwavium Researcher, not Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

On a meta level a justifiable foe for A.C., that could not be effectively dealt with by her allies if not herself, would need to be discussed by the Collective, give the threat level they'd represent. It's one of the reasons I keep her back at the Forge most of the time.
I actually expect that, if she develops an arch-foe that sticks, and doesn't send everyone else scurrying for cover, it wouldn't be in the traditional 'I kill you' sense... perhaps someone who is merely interested in showing themselves to be the better scientist/technician/researcher... just being somewhat underhanded in how they handle the smear campaign.
--

"You know how parents tell you everything's going to fine, but you know they're lying to make you feel better? Everything's going to be fine." - The Doctor

Wiki update: I changed the "bunnygirls" references to "rabbit people", since the page didn't yet exist, and have stubbed the http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Rabbit_people]Rabbit People page.

Wow. This time last year, we had 202 Wanted Pages ("redlinks" because of their colour in the FenWiki), and I was worried that we wouldn't be able to reduce that by very much any time soon, if ever.

Today, we're down to 31 http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?titl ... antedPages]redlinks, and nearly three-quarters of those have assigned writers. (Usually Mal's the assigned writer, but Ebony, Cobalt, and myself also have some work to do here, and Dakota and Dartz share one "redlink".) Granted, the number of stub pages has increased dramatically, but "some content" is better than "no content".

So, If somebody's looking for something to write about... here are nine pages that need to be written:
  • Hogsmeade (the Wizards' home base)
  • Shuttlepod (a Trekkie small craft)
  • Type-7 shuttle (another Trekkie small craft)
  • China National Space Administration
  • European Space Agency
  • Russian Federal Space Agency
  • Indian Space Research Organisation
  • Israel Space Agency
  • Taiwan National Space Organization

Any takers?

Edit: I've just removed 75 "stub" tags, many from pages "owned" by inactive writers. These element either have moved into the background of Fenspace or were always in the background, and thus don't need fleshing out (any more).

That brings us down from 198 stubs to 123 http://www.fenspace.net/index.php5?title=Category:Stubs]stubs. Many of these are also assigned to writers, but some are up for grabs...
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:[*]European Space Agency
I will try to think if I have an idea for the ESA...