Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Be: Legends Dabon

Mass Effect / Doom.

Simply because it strikes me that adding a Doom crossover to Mass Effect - and taking into account the attendant implications about the underlying cosmology - would, if anything, tend to improve the overall big picture. Which, given Doom, is saying something.

No details (not even anything about the referenced "implications" which I've managed to put into words), but the basic idea's revisited me a few times over the last few weeks, so I wanted to get it out there.

WRT Skyfire's FSN/Bleach - I think you could just use the above scene as the pre-titles teaser, then wrtie a fic about Shirou interacting with the Bleach cast and getting himself to a power level sufficient to support bankai, or in this case multiple bankai. That's quite a way to go from thrid-rate first generation magus with a handful of low-quality magic circuits, after all - a big part of Saber's problems in canon were becasue he couldn't supply her with the energy needed to fight properly, but here he is, unleashing (fairly literally) the wrath of the gods of death... Possibly of literal gods given how many of the zanpukato are named after various kami from mythology.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Also... with the FSN/Bleach crossover - does that mean that the Dead Apostle Ancestors would be running around with little dolls?

For that matter, what does the Clock Tower think of the Quincies? The ability to manipulate souls is Heaven's Feel, the Einzberns' lost True Magic, one of the causes for creating the Grail War in the first place. While not entirely the same, the Quincy power to interact with the souls of the dead and utterly destroy them if need be is surely related.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

ClassicDrogn Wrote:... While not entirely the same, the Quincy power to interact with the souls of the dead and utterly destroy them if need be is surely related.
So that's how Quincy kept an iron grip on GENOM...

Oh, wait - this is "Crossovers That Should Be". That belong in "Crossovers That Should Not Be".
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

How long is the usual course at the Shinegami Academy in Bleach, again? It's probably a bit quick for Toshiro Mifune to be graduating about now, but with allowance for pre-existing legendary sword skills... is there any way at all for him joining the cast could be not awsome?
--

Quote:ClassicDrogn wrote:

How long is the usual course at the Shinegami Academy in Bleach, again? It's probably a bit quick for Toshiro Mifune to be graduating about now, but with allowance for pre-existing legendary sword skills... is there any way at all for him joining the cast could be not awsome?
Toshiro Mifune is better than Chuck Norris.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Preee-cisely! Kenpachi could have a sparing partner who actually outperforms him!
--

I'd like to see the Silastic Armorfiends of Striterax meet the Weaponers of Qward.

Just based on their names, they would either get on like a metaphorical house on fire, or like flot and eggri.

Either way, it should be interesting to watch.

"I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience."

"He will learn patience. "

"...Mmm. There is much anger in him. Too much. Train him as a Jedi, I will not."

"Yoda! I am ready. I... Ben! I can be a Jedi. Ben, tell him I'm ready. "

"Then all hope for the galaxy will be truly lost."

"Forget, you do, that once had I another title. As a Jedi, train him I will not."

"You don't mean..."

"I do. Another Jedi, the galaxy needs not. A Jedi Master, the boy needs not. The Galaxy, and the boy, a Master requires...of Sinanju."

Quote:Duane Peters wrote:
"I cannot teach him. The boy has no patience."

"He will learn patience. "

"...Mmm. There is much anger in him. Too much. Train him as a Jedi, I will not."

"Yoda! I am ready. I... Ben! I can be a Jedi. Ben, tell him I'm ready. "

"Then all hope for the galaxy will be truly lost."

"Forget, you do, that once had I another title. As a Jedi, train him I will not."

"You don't mean..."

"I do. Another Jedi, the galaxy needs not. A Jedi Master, the boy needs not. The Galaxy, and the boy, a Master requires...of Sinanju."
Where's the Like button? 8)
the image of a little green Chuin is hilarious (also scary)

I was sure I'd seen a mention of Fate Stay Night/Utena in this thread, but now I can't find it. What I did find, was Doc Mui's take on the idea:

http://m.fanfiction.net/s/9294509/1/Fate-of-the-Roses

Not a rec exactly as I haven't read it yet, but you can pretty well count on Doc for at least a high level of technical quality.
--

Okay, you guys want some crossovers? I got one for you.

Firefly and Outlaw Star.

Now, here's why this works. Both settings are very heavy on the Chinese influences. Also, black projects abound in both, as evidenced by Melfina and the XGP-15A-2 in Outlaw Star and by River tam in Firefly. The only things that really clash is the presence of FTL and alien races in Outlaw Star, and I don't think that's a deal breaker.

Thoughts?

And don't forget that the very first ep of Firefly is pretty much a tip of the hat to Outlaw Star.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

I believe that Wheldon claims that the girl in a box scene was a coincidence.

Huh. I heard the exact opposite.
-- Bob
---------

So a girl said the Whedon-in-a-box scene was meticulously planned?
--

One for the "Should Be" file:

"Dr Henry Jones Jr?"
"Who's asking?"
"I'm Doctor Daniel Jackson. Ah... can we talk, sir?"
"That depends. If it's about the Ark of the Covenant or the Holy Grail, then no."
"Ah, no... it's about, well, aliens."
"...look, kid, I dunno what you heard, but that whole crystal skull thing? Never Happened."
"...I'm sorry, what?"

Indy would have been in the perfect place and time to bump into the original Stargate discovery at Giza, and get dragged into some of the early experiments. And Crystal Skull could easily be replaced and improved by having Indy run into some sort of leftover Goa'uld hardware being scrambled for by some Cold War exotic-ops teams.

Don't forget, SG-1 ran into a crystal skull as well.

So, while I was at work, this one came to me: Bottle Fairy/Lucky Star.

The fairies live with either Miyuki or the Hiiragi's. Kagami tries in vain to keep them on something resembling a sensible path, but...

-Morgan.

Lucky Starship Troopers
-- Bob
---------

Super Dimensional Team Fortress Macross 2

Metal Siren is credit to team!

I would say one of the Destroids or the triple-Macross Cannon gunships, but they barely even appeared...
--

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Lucky Starship Troopers
C'mon, you apes! You wanna talk about choco-coronets forever?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Kill Dr Lucky Star Trek?