Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RWBY

Looks like they've renumbered things, so what's been release is volume 1 and the next 'season' (so to speak) is volume 2.

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=9179&v=more]Volume 1 clean full titles.

http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=9178&v=more]Volume 2 clean full titles. No, I'm NOT joking.

Let the speculation begin!

Edit:
Volume 2 theme tune 'Time To Say Goodbye' is available to buy from your download service of choice.

The only thing I'm gonna speculate is that the shit's about to hit the fan, and may not be evenly distributed.

New production diary (#4)http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=9272&v=more&s=2

The clip at the end is great.

"Sisters! Friends! Weiss."
"HEY!"

Also, the intro demonstrates my problem with the RWBY McFarlane stuff, given I'm spoiled by Figma.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Season 2 trailer is up on the site.
http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=9367

Even better, they announced at RTX that there's a RWBY game coming out!

RWBY Volume 2 Chapter 1 is now on general release on the Rooster Teeth website.

Monty Oum style Food Fight. That is all.

Quote:Cobalt Greywalker wrote:
RWBY Volume 2 Chapter 1 is now on general release on the Rooster Teeth website.

Monty Oum style Food Fight. That is all.
And it was awesome!!!

OMG that was freakin' hilarious.

And Ruby herself shows us all exactly why she's the biggest and most adorable little billy bad ass ever.

I find it more amusing that each and every one of them managed to replace their signature weapons.
With food.
Not sure if Turkey!Yang or Sausage!Blake was best of show, honestly, but I think it was one of them.  That, or Soda/Melonstick!Nora.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

I was sorta 'Bwuh?' when Weiss pulled out the swordfish.

While he didn't steal the show, let's note that Jaune managed a pretty good rolling throw with his melon.

The thing I was most impressed by was the improvement in the animation. Bystanders were upgraded, movement was a lot smoother. I expected that, Given they had the starting material of season one to work with this time, but still nice.

"I love these guys."

LOVED IT!

And the whole fight, my only thoughts were "This is a great example of the 'God of Cookery' ability from BESM!"

*lol*

Why do I have a Very Bad Feeling that the food fight was a bait-and-switch before things become very GrimDerp?

Also, I now have Sean Bean in my head, intoning gravely "RWBY is coming...."
(edit)  And... that kind of damage must happen pretty often, for Glinda to have that spell as a pre-loaded macro in her weapon (I refuse to believe that she simply did that off the cuff).

...Am I the only one who found Emerald kind of cute?  Not at ALL trustworthy, but still kind of cute.

And... is it just me, or does Cinder sound like Evil Sexxxay Ruby?  I'm deliberately avoiding checking the voice actresses now, since that mental image is so disturbingly delicious....

Nah, she's just Ruby's long-lost sister/mother/other family relation. Wink

Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
Why do I have a Very Bad Feeling that the food fight was a bait-and-switch before things become very GrimDerp?
I don't particularly think this is a danger.
the RT guys have gone dark before. Just look at Red Vs. Blue's Freelancer saga. But I don't think that's really a danger here. Will RT not be concerned about shying away from uncomfortable themes? The Faunus plot already pulled out the racism/violent social upheaval card. But given they've already been contemplating where the line is given the potential audience for RWBY (kid's show? More adult ala RvB?), I don't think severe grimdark is in the cards.

That said, I'm kind of amused by the fact that certain teasers are coming together now. We know that Mercury's going to have a sparring match with Pyrrha in the near future. Given what her semblance has demonstrated itself as being capable of, taking out the magnetism master before deploying your GIANT METAL ROBOT would probably be a good plan.

Also, the fact that Sun has gone from "confident ladies man and street rat" to "adorkable guy trying desperately to make a good impression with his new buds" amuses me to no end. "And that's a secret. And I mean a secret-secret. Not a 'I'm going to go tell Scarlet the second Sun turns his back' secret. Got it?"
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

New episode
http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=9473

Good or bad, Ruby is definitely an influence on Weiss.

I get the feeling Weiss was a classic "lonely little rich girl", about yea-far from turning into Kodachi Kuno, before she got to Beacon. Whatever other effect Ruby has on her, rescuing her from being a bog-standard crazy rich person is definitely one of the bigger changes.

I wonder what game they were playing -- Miniatures: The Gathering?
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

My favorite bit so far:

Ruby: *hugs Weiss*
Weiss: "Stop doing that." *hugs back*
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
My favorite bit so far:

LOL  These two, by all rights, should have been sisters.

Given the references to "Crow" and the Beacon staff's association with The Wizard of Oz, I wonder if "General James Ironwood" is another name for Nick Chopper.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Quote:Black Aeronaut wrote:
Quote:ECSNorway wrote:
My favorite bit so far:

LOL  These two, by all rights, should have been sisters.
Or married. Smile
Why, yes, I do ship Red/White.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Remember how they were planning on new eps every fortnight, with other material in between? I think they forget. Ep 3 is up.

Finally got around to watch pt 3, and noticed something that got a laugh out of me.
That stack of boxes Ruby knocks over?  they are labeled 'Breakable Things'.  8)

Episode 4 is up:
http://roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=9538&v=trending
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV