Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
I am sure this has been recc'd before...
www.fanfiction.net/s/3430516/1/
Lost Soul by LD 1449
I am sure it has been recc'ed before, but the latest chapter sets this story on a path to awesomeness.
Re: I am sure this has been recc'd before...
To the masses I submit The Night the House of Cards was Built by Drakensis.
Its poker night in Konoha... Who will walk away with the big stakes?Without a word...
Re: Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
I submit this funny HP/LOTR one-shot by halfbloodpuffskin on Twisting the Hellmouth: "Your mission should you choose to accept it." I got a laugh out of reading it.

--The Twisted OneMetaphorically
Applause
Underneath
Hilarious
Oxymoron
Claws
--Lemon Demon, "Word Disassociation"
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire
Shortfic from DB Sommer, bringing up a question never asked in Death Note: what might happen if Light executed someone who then turned out to be innocent?
Out Of Body Experience
--Sam
"Eating kittens is just plain -- plain WRONG! And no one should do it ever!"
Ah, the joys of the DIY project. Or dad calling upon my strong young back to re-roof the ol' homestead in this case. Had to remove a few tons of shingles as those old timers layered their replacement roofs without removing the old one. Still, the new tin roof looks great and by the time it needs replacing I'll be a crotchety old man a waving my cane and saying Back in my day-
Anyway I finally had time to finish reading Nymphadora Tonks and the Liquor of Jacmel. Fresh from the academy, Tonks is thrown into the thick of it when she is tasked to find the source of the evil voodoo potion, the Liquor of Jacmel. Partnered with the venerable Cassius Scrimgeour, a veteran Auror of many decades, this will still be a tough case for the inexperienced Tonks.
And now to catch up on two weeks of updates and new stories. Yay!
For those of you who've seen last week's South Park episode, here's the story of Buffy trying to deal with the result: "World Gone Mad" by Willowfan.
Enjoy!

--The Twisted OneMetaphorically
Applause
Underneath
Hilarious
Oxymoron
Claws
--Lemon Demon, "Word Disassociation"
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire
Jesus Hopping Frog this naruto fic is creepy as all hell.
"Dancing with Demons"
www.fanfiction.net/s/3227295/1/
> Re: Yet Another New Fic Reccomendation Thread
Here's one for the Battletech fans, particularly anyone who recalls the era when the Clans had yet to be even thought of. It's also a treat for anyone who enjoys the tales of Edmund Blackadder or Harry Flashman, for the eponymous "Darius, a holder of {the Federated Suns}' highest awards for gallantry and a byword for bravery across known space, was in fact a coward, a bully, a cheat, a womanising lecher, a regicide, a deserter and much else besides." And he does it with total panache, his story interwoven seamlessly with the events of the setting's history, touching the lives of mighty, often in places they'd really rather that he didn't.
The Misadventures of Darius Davion
Darius and the Hound
forums.classicbattletech....174.0.html
Darius at the Coronation
forums.classicbattletech....138.0.html
Darius and the Heartbreaker
forums.classicbattletech....121.0.html
Darius and the Happy Occasion
forums.classicbattletech....109.0.html
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
in re: Dancing with Demons...
I couldn't agree more. It's well-written. It's quite well-written, but I stopped early in chapter 3 because I realized that I would be happier and more stable if I made sure that the remaining contents of that fic never entered my brain. I have a fair notch of respect for the author - and no desire whatsoever to keep reading. Fics that are good enough and mindwarpy enough that I stop reading them for mental health purposes are rare. That was the second.
What was the first, out of curiosity?
---------------
Epsilon
Likes twisted fanfics
ok, something is wrong here because Dancing with Demons didn't affect my freak-o-meter that muh, the only one where it acted significantly was around chapter 3 or 4. The bad writ-o-meter reated significantly on hapter 10 or so where the old woman dies but other than that it has been a fairly decent fic. ( and yes there have been fics that pushed my personal freak-o-meter to the limit. I annot recall which ones and I am glad of it. *shudders*)
Could it be that I have read so much horror that I'm desentezised to it? but I don't like horror as a genra that much, though it is addmitedly a fairly good horror story, though for horror it would probably be written better from the POV of one of the other characters.
Or maybe I'm just a little over tolerant of what most people would consider wrong behavior. Still you are likely to find much worse on a simple and innocent google search. I know I have.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."
This thread contains in it a silly little Naruto fanfic that takes a turn for the disturbingly profound near the end. Read through it, ignoring the comments if possible, and enjoy.
-------------------
Epsilon
I'm intruiged... but entirely without the necessary read privs.
Freak-o-meter: well, I stopped in chapter 3, shortly after the medic gets grabbed. If it gets better, I may go back and read it after all.
First one: Saving Connor: Quite well-written. Very long. The first few years worth were interesting and well worth the read (though alt-uni on *many* different levels). It started to develop some "shape of the world" inconsistencies that I think must have come from a lack of understanding of certain mindsets from the writer's POV. (ie, if these three things were all true, you would see a group of people doing *this* - which would break the world.) It also eventually grew some power imbalance/Sue issues (balanced by ever more daunting tasks). The major problem, though, was that the character of Harry was interesting enough and complex enough (and written with enough emotional impact) that I was doing a fair bit of default channeling to understand his viewpoint better - which was strong enough for some reverse character bleed to kick in. Having my brain try to force itself into a sexuality strongly not my own? That was unpleasant. Paranoid fantasies where I imagined that my parents were trying to take over my mind? Yeah, that was worse.
Time, she is fleeting, no? Bah, maybe I can scrape together some more next week.
Legion of the Leaf is a keeper. Kurenai adopts a young Naruto and things progress from there. Fluffiness is at a minimum and good story-ness is at the maximum. Well worth your time.
Quote:
Freak-o-meter: well, I stopped in chapter 3, shortly after the medic gets grabbed. If it gets better, I may go back and read it after all.
Sirrocco I hope you get this warning in time, if not... oh well. If that is where you stopped reading you are about to head into the part that freaked me somewhat. and it doesn't get that much less freaky in the later chapters.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
Yeah - it was less of a "I am freaked" and more of a "the writing is on the wall" situation. The bit where I decided to quit was realizing that this character that I had a fair bit of sympathy for was going to come to a horrible end because she'd been doing the *right* thing. Thanks for the heads-up. I'l go back to my earlier plan and give it a pass.
Zaaa... Nothing new? How will I unwind after a two week scramble of rewriting three term papers? Still, there are some good updates, (Yay DW chapter four!) but onto other things.
I don't think Cold Blue Metal has been recommended. To save Uzumaki Naruto's life from the village council, the Sandaime declared him as Konoha's secret weapon and assigned the responsibility of his training to recently named ANBU captain Uchiha Itachi. I was hesitant to read this, this premise is hardly ever written well, but this is the one to brake the rule.
The Legend of Zelda: The Return has a sequel I didn't know about called the Legend of Zelda: Reconciliation. Works A Link to the Past into a story and does a damn fine job of it.
www.fanfiction.net/s/3505392/1/
Ozzallos released a new fic!
www.fanfiction.net/s/3467653/1/
Is a link snagged from the Kraken's Ghost livejournal, its a Naruto/God of War crossover, it has some faults but interesting enough for a entertaining read through [Image: smile.gif] _______________________________
We're definitely playing this game wrong. I thought Vampire was supposed to be a game of personal horror, not about ninja airstrikes
at night.
- A friend after playing a session of Dark Ages Vampire.
A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away. THERE IS ONLY WAR!
-Same friend.
"Elsewhere and Elsewhen"
A stunning crossover between Star Trek TNG, and Warhammer 40k.
not sure if this has been recomended before, but dave d produces some nice fmp fanfics, suh as
www.fanfiction.net/s/1977917/1/
Skysaber has something new on his Pit of Voles page: The Wizard of Gotham. Annoyed at losing out on a big contract to sell Grunnings Drills to Wayne Enterprises, the Dursleys take out their frustration by abandoning five-year-old Harry in Gotham in midwinter. Harry is not taken in by the one you might expect.
Only two chapters that barely set up the story are posted so far, and they do have the usual Skysaber idiosyncracies, but the idea and the execution are both good enough that it's worth a look.

-- Bob
---------
The Internet Is For Norns.
A star trek fanfic
Some would call it an alternate universe Star Trek story, but really it might just be a difference in your "Points of View".
---------
www.fanfiction.net/s/2293418/1/
---------
howard melton
God bless
Hp/Dresden Files
www.fanfiction.net/s/3473224/1/
A neglected Harry gets his tiny little hands on a particular *ancient* silver coin.