Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that shoould be: beginings of Sub Genius

So what your saying is Nanaho will have learned of befriending from watching the master of all befriending?
The brains are going to do something half way between spontaneous combustion and spontaneous existence failure in response.

Necratoid Wrote:The brains are going to do something half way between spontaneous combustion and spontaneous existence failure in response.
I'm having trouble thinking of a target I'd like to use a Deadalus Attack on more. (some equally, including Jail and whatshername the really axe crazy one among the Numbers) but not more.) Because like the demotivational poster says, nothing says "F*** YOU!" like an aircraft carrier (sized amphibious assault ship) to the face.

For that matter, given that Fold Drives aree inherently multidimensional by their very nature, any interstellar Macross-setting ship could follow a TSAB ship if they had a good reading on their dimensional heading. Well, probably. It's just that they never knew there was anywhere else to go except back to their home universe after shortcutting through the superdimension.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

ClassicDrogn Wrote:For that matter, given that Fold Drives aree inherently multidimensional by their very nature, any interstellar Macross-setting ship could follow a TSAB ship if they had a good reading on their dimensional heading. Well, probably. It's just that they never knew there was anywhere else to go except back to their home universe after shortcutting through the superdimension.

- CD
You would have to get the ships resident super-engineer to tweak the sensor array, and even then place a TAG beacon on the TSAB ship.
Then all you would need to do is wait for the ship to "stop" moving trans-dimensionally for your Nav-Comp to get a lock and press the GO! button.
Then just to mess with their heads, you transmit, on the general call, the wave-file of a vent grating hitting a floor, followed by the Comm officer saying "Hey ~There!"....

Braincribbed from ROFLNYAO thread: Agatha Heterodyne, Agent of Torchwood
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

http://cheese-demon.deviantart.com/gall ... 4#/d31xyo8
Why?
Because 1: it's damn amusing, 2: Revey fits the mindset of a Spartan III and 3: who wouldn't want to see it?

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only war.  Yet, war can have any number of faces.  Consider, for example, Inquisitor Integra Hellsing of the Ordo Malleus, last of a long line charged with the continued restraint of the daemon Alucard...
If one wanted this to be a serious setting, Millenium makes perfect sense as a band of Chaos Marines.  Or you could make it crack with one change.
"Boyz, I'z hearin' dat some o' yaz wanna join a WAAAAAGGH.
Boyz, we's be joinin' a WAAAAAGGH.  No- we's gonna start our own GOOD AN' PROPA' WAAAAAAAGGH!!"

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

George's Marvelous Medicine with the Potterverse. Inspired by the line at the end about George having a sense that he had "touched ... the edge of a magical world".

Because really, aside from the mundanity of all of the ingredients themselves, that concoction fits the concept of a potion just perfectly... and it would neatly explain the significant differences in effect that they got from just the small changes in formulation when they were trying to reproduce it, not to mention the nature of the effects themselves.

I haven't read the book in a while, but I think George might be young enough to plausibly be a not-yet-notified Muggleborn... and if they can reliably reproduce the effects of some of those potions, I think he's got a potentially pretty good market on his hands. (Though probably not as good as it would be if he and his parents could sell giant food animals on the global market, instead of having to worry about the Statutes of Secrecy.)

A chronicle of the end of the Third Succession War, the rather brief Fourth, and the founding of the Second Star League.

From the journals of the man who made it possible.

CIAPHAS CAIN, HERO OF THE STAR LEAGUE.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:I'm having trouble thinking of a target I'd like to use a Deadalus Attack on more. (some equally, including Jail and whatshername the really axe crazy one among the Numbers) but not more.) Because like the demotivational poster says, nothing says "F*** YOU!" like an aircraft carrier (sized amphibious assault ship) to the face.
Actually, I meant Basara as the master of all befriending...  Daeda;us punch is a bit odd, but coherent as a war tactic.  Its comprehensible and functional as a tactic... and its a great quote.  The target would be the brown trowsers time, planet killer kaiju from the Bookof Night Sky... only that wouldn't get that far... because Nanaho is going to be using Basara as a role model.
Basara is actively denied from existance by many, many people in later Macross, seriously, he sung at the planet crushing, physical elder gods until they converted or died.  He killed five sevenths of the elder gods for the crime of ignoring him... by forcing them to listen to him sing.  Converted that last two to singing peaceniks tourists... then there was that thing with the gianormous space whales.
In short, there is no veil in Macross.  Nanaho will end up rocking her opponent to defeat... then they are befriended into the band.  Ranka's pet finds a jewel seed and ends up Nanaho's humaniod drummer or something... otherr JSes are fused with Nanaho's intelligent device making it first a combat guitar and then later....  Pink stage magic effects that can kill you abound... Fate's mom completely forgets to beat her and regains some sanity when Fate explains she failed as she lacks a transforming battlemech... and the ability to out rock the opposition.
The brains trying to comprehend Nanaho is difficult... Basara (and the footage thereof) is what fries them.

Eh, Basara I can take or leave really - some of the songs he does are pretty good, but they weren't the ones picked to be used i combat in almost every episode, and I have to say I really dislike Planet Dance. 7th Moon, the OP theme, is pretty darn good though... Mylene is better. All the same, with them explained that way I find that your points have much merit. Clearly, Basara is in fact a Real Ninja, and no one realised it because he's just that good at being a Real Ninja. That would also explain why he wasn't concerned by his parachute stunt in the first episode, as a Real Ninja he can fly anyway and the 'chute was just to keep his cover. Ted Nugent is the most plausible source I've seen for the quote "One time I rocked so hard it killed a man," though Jack Black is a good contender also, but Basara rocked so hard he killed a GOD. Not once, but five times. Now that's f*****g metal. Recordings won't do it, though - there was some small response on the Sound Energy sensors, but only when he was actively singing in person and projecting emotion did it have a real effect. The scene where Mylene wants to sing for both of her parents but Max & Milia have been in an "apart period" and are on opposite sides of the stadium, so the cloud of spiritia energy keeps wobbling back and forth until she figures out how to make it split is one of my favorite M7 moments, the more so because it begins the process of reconciling the luckiest bastard in Macross and the woman who's the reason he gets that title.

- CD
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

I'm not sure how it could be done, but someone suggested it on Spacebattles and I think it's got potential:
Legend of the Galactic Geass
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

Jeeves and Wooster and Fate/Stay Night.

A really stray odd thought on alternate green lantern candidates.... "B.A. Baracus of Earth, you have the ability to overcome great fear. Welcome to the green lantern corps."

WengFook Wrote:A really stray odd thought on alternate green lantern candidates.... "B.A. Baracus of Earth, you have the ability to overcome great fear. Welcome to the green lantern corps."
A guy with a severe phobia of flying has the ability to overcome great fear?
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

BA ain't no sucka, but there's still a better candidate: a Bolo. The ultimate weapon, powered by will and vulnerable only to fear, meets the ultimate weapon, with an endless will to win and without even the concept of fear beyond a word in the database.

Green Lantern Bolo wins forever!

- CD
--

Shepherd Wrote:
WengFook Wrote:A really stray odd thought on alternate green lantern candidates.... "B.A. Baracus of Earth, you have the ability to overcome great fear. Welcome to the green lantern corps."
A guy with a severe phobia of flying has the ability to overcome great fear?
That would be the fly in the ointment wouldn't it? :S

Evangelion vs. Monster Island: Based on their respective histories, I predict Gojira-sama hits Tokyo-3's weak point for massive damage. Oh, and charcoals the angels, too.

- CD
--

Whoa. Coincidence time. I was thinking about a Godzilla-Evangelion cross too while driving to work this morning.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Slightly different from the previous suggestion, but...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frustrated, Shinji hung up the receiver, and looked around again, at a loss for what to do next. For a moment, he thought he saw a girl looking back at him from the corner of his eye, but she was gone when he looked directly.

That was when the giant monster appeared.

"Oh, okay," he responded. "I've seen this movie." Screwing up his courage for what he'd need to do next, he closed his eyes and prayed to any god or buddha who might deign to lend some aid. He took a deep breath in preparation.

He really hoped he wasn't too old.

"GAMERA!" he shouted. "HELP US GAMERA! GAMERA!"

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, he might get http://miotd.com/2011/08/24/kamen-rider ... men-rider/]a different reply...

- CD
--

The closet under the stairs into which the young Harry Potter was put... led to Washuu's lab.
-- Bob
---------

I can just hear Washu now after Harry gets his letter from Hogwarts.

"A magical people, eh?" At that, Washu grinned that sly trickster's grin that Ryouko inherited from her. "Why don't we find out just how magical they really are?"

That would be... well, pretty much the Harry from Methods of Rationality, but as raised by Agatha Hetrodyne. Yeah, I'd read it. Harry with the Spark, either litarally or just in the sense of being a magitech hacker? That's a big hell yeah.

- CD

ETA: The Dursleys would be much more eager to see the back of a Spark-Harry, I think - can you imagine much more minionish people? They'd have had utterly zero resistance to the Voice of SCIENCE!
--

Oh nononononooooooo. This is freakin' Washu-chan we're talkin' about. Having raised Harry as her own, he's probably got more than a few 'upgrades' (just so he can keep up with the rest of the family - think of Harry as raised among The Culture) and he get's sent in as a mark to figure out this crazy little world that seems to exist in pocket dimensions all over the planet. And just wait until Moldy Mort comes along - the Power He Knows Not indeed! Big Grin

Quote:This is freakin' Washu-chan we're talkin' about. Having raised Harry as her own, he's probably got more than a few 'upgrades' (just so he can keep up with the rest of the family - think of Harry as raised among The Culture)
No, think of Harry with all Ryoko's powers, and his own *-Ohki. Who goes with him to Hogwarts as his familiar.
-- Bob
---------

Basically seen it in a Cluster Cross, only it was more complex and not Harry specifically with the powers.  Simplifying down to a simple single cross doesn't change all that much of the effects of the powers themselves, given slow build up due to age.  The real issue with Harry Potter and that as a single crossover is the steep power curve between the series.  Tossing power curve from first year wizard vs planet/ continent/ city crusher is a bit much... Harry being raised at that shrine won't change Washu's interactions all that much from Wld Magic... You only really have three options for a straight crossover type story... 1) Harry (and/or his family) curb stomping things, 2) power levels get out of hand quickly to the point of Masu!Harry's magic is an after though, 3) Harry goes for his own personal veil of silence on his powers and goes all special ops agent H on things.