Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be: The Academy.

Quote:There are too many real-world towns called Mechanicsburg

well I will be dipped in cesium and sold as a night light. I did not know that!

In a change of tactics that catches everyone off guard, Dresden's foes on the Black Council manage to teleport his entire building 'away'. Harry's home, but fortunately, the normals living upstairs are not.

Less fortunate is his destination, as his building ends up transplanted into the bustling heart of Mechanicsburg, under the looming pile of the castle home of the Heterodynes.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

*slaps forehead*

They've been in the Kestle so long I plain forgot there was a town around it. Smile

--Sam

"Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from Science!"

Hooboy! Dresden Universe mages and intricate sciencey stuff don't get along... But will Girl Genius Sparky Science count as 'intricate sciency
stuff' or magic?

If Harry makes sparky stuff fail then there will be at least two sparks set on hunting him down at all costs. One in the hope of replicating it for his own
ends, the other to further his quest to understand the spark... Somehow I don't think Harry will like finding himself stuck between the Othar rock and the
Baron Wolfenbach hard place any more than Agatha.

And considering just what sparks can do, how long will it take Harry to convince them it's actually magic?

I say put this idea in the Crossovers That Must Be thread.
-----

Will the transhumanist future have catgirls? Does Japan still exist? Well, there is your answer.

Quote:They've been in the Kestle so long I plain forgot there was a town around it. Smile
How could you forget a town with http://www.tomsmithonline.com/freestuff ... 32_192.mp3]its own theme song?

And now for something completely different... okay, something vaguely different:

In a change of tactics that catches everyone off guard, Dresden's foes on the Black Council manage to teleport his entire building 'away'. Harry's home, fortunately entertaining Ron and Hermonie...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

...Harry Dresden and the Order of the Phoenix...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

From Shadowjack's [Where I Watch] Sailor Moon, pt 2.
[Image: SailorLeague.jpg]
------------------
Epsilon

I'm pretty sure that Makato is wearing the symbol of Saturn there.

Nope, that's the symbol for Jupiter. Saturn symbol kinda looks similar, but with the '4' turned upside down and with a cross at the new
'top' end.
And now, for something compeltely different.
Channel-surfing in:

JEREMY CLARKSON: "--is the point in the episode where we would have our tame racing driver, the Stig, test out our featured automobile.
However...."

RICHARD HAMMOND: "The Stig had to be sent back to the manufacturer for re-tuning of his positronic brain, due to an unfortunate 3-Laws loophole
discovered only recently--"

JAMES MAY: "In an incident which the Yard may -still- prosecute us for."

JM and RH:

JC: "What? How was -I- to know that exposure to a British AnimeTech Infinite Improbability Drive would have that affect on Stig? Anyway, moving on, we
had to find a replacement for the Stig quickly, and as it turns out, we found one that was nearly perfect and quite nearly perfect for the role."

RH: "And willing, as long as he was indemnified against any 'unusual things' happening to the test automobile. Or to any of our equipment. Or
our staff. Or the surrounding count--"

JM: "Yes, talk about -improbable-."

JC : "Some say that his friends are more afraid of what he might do to them by accident than his enemies are afraid of what he might do to
them on purpose."

JM: "Some say that in his presence, Things Happen which cannot be explained by modern science."

RH: "And some say that listening to his music can make you taste the color fuschia."

JC: "All -we- know is, he's called... The Loon."

Well, Doug -has- been stationed in Merry Olde England for some years, yes? And in the Warriors universe, what Brit celebrity -doesn't- show up on Top Gear
eventually? Not to mention, in that universe, all --well, okay, -some--- of the things they say about The Stig could actually be -true.-

Then there's the episode where Keichii and Belldandy somehow end up as the celebrity guest drivers ("It's the first time we've ever had *two*
people in the car, but they insisted.")....

Or Priss Asagiri: "What the %^^&*^*(!!! You want me to drive WHAT?!? &(&)^%@@!!! that! Do I ^()&^&(^@@!!! LOOK like a
&*(&%^%##!!! CAGER to you!?!?!?!?!" Her reaction to The Stig I don't even want to THINK about.

Or Bean Bandit ("He insisted on driving his own car, but offered to bet us a full million quid that he could cut our best time in half. OF COURSE we took
him up on it! And now we're bankrupt.")

....And now, in our Star in a Reasonably Priced Car segment, we have...

wow, that's a set of crossovers that SHOULD be.

Quote: SkyeFire wrote:

...nope. I can't think of a way to describe how awesome this is.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Seriously, now we absolutely HAVE to see Doug doing a The Stig segment for Top Gear. (^_^)

SkyeFire Wrote:Then there's the episode where Keichii and Belldandy somehow end up as the celebrity guest drivers ("It's the first time we've ever had *two* people in the car, but they insisted.")....
I cannot believe I'm being so damn pedantic to post this, but... Top Gear has, uh, had two people in the car before. Several times actually. Mostly when they get local UK celebs who are famous as a duo.
So, y'know, that wouldn't actually be unusual, I'm afraid.
However...
I'm now envisioning the entire cast of OMG in the Reasonably Priced Car. Because, y'know, Skuld didn't trust Keichii, and Urd thought it'd be amusing, and...

-- Acyl

Quote:entire cast of OMG in the Reasonably Priced Car

To make this even more entertaining, Let's add Meathead and Lunkhead, and put them in a stretch Lada

Later in the episode, Clarkson reviews a new sports car... and then tests it by having a race through the American desert.

Against a roadrunner. The Roadrunner, to be more precise.

The look on his face as he realizes that he is, in fact, getting beating by a bird would be priceless.

I've been writing a bit.

This bird is pulling ahead of me! This is amazing! One of the fastest cars from a nation known for its fast cars, being beaten by an avian!

*Shakes head, grinning*

This is a show done by people that had a car storm a beach with the Royal Marines. Of course it can get that crazy.

"...to test our recently acquired motoslaves, the producers have devised a series of challenges..."

OR

"You must now take your used, Knight Industries cars, and modify them so that they can be safely taken to an altitude of 20,000 feet. Hm. How hard could
that be?"

"Don't SAY that!"

I've been writing a bit.

I'm gonna have to look and see when Top Gear first went on the air, to figure out if it's a pre- or post-Walk Doug...

BTW, that gave me a much-needed laugh.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

"Tonight on Scrapheap Challenge, we're dumping the contestants in one of the largest junkpiles on all of Cybertron! They've got just 24 hours to build a war machine capable of taking the fight to the enemy: None other than Starscream himself!

Of course, Starscream himself couldn't be with us today, so his part will be played by these titanium cutouts, complete with laser mechanisms of their own to simulate return fire. But we're not going to tell the contestants that just yet...."
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Wait, I lost track ... was this thread Should Not Be, Must Be, or ROTFL?

Man, I gotta sweep more, it's dusty down here
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

The series is old, very old, so it's possible he knows of it pre-Walk (1970s-2001). The new series, Top Gear as
we know it now, only started in 2002.

I've often thought that Top Gear and the Mythbusters would make an interesting collaborative team, by the way.

And yes, much of this belongs in Must Be.

I've been writing a bit.

I think perhaps it's a must not be because the most likely folks to WRITE them have other projects that should be finished first.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Bluemage Wrote:"You must now take your used, Knight Industries cars, and modify them so that they can be safely taken to an altitude of 20,000 feet.  Hm.  How hard could that be?"
"Don't SAY that!"
Is this still Top Gear, or has it drifted over to Monster Garage?
--
Rob Kelk

Bluemage Wrote:The series is old, very old, so it's possible he knows of it pre-Walk (1970s-2001).  The new series, Top Gear as we know it now, only started in 2002.
Doug visited Fenspace in local-2008 - at least he'll know what to expect...
Bluemage Wrote:And yes, much of this belongs in Must Be.
Or "Future Steps".
--
Rob Kelk