Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
284 is enough - NEW new fic rec thread
Re: Upon a Fiery Steed
Well, they're recognised as "fighters" by the SGC staff, and most telling, Deathscythe is only described as using guns, not a giant energy scythe, so it's pretty much given that they're only fixed-configuration space fighters, not humanoid mecha. I can sort of see why not, while there's plenty of super-science in SG1 the Gundam world is supposed to be based on what they captured or scaveneged, and unless you count jaffa armor as a partial hardsuit there's no mecha as such to be found in the setting.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Um, I'll have to re-read it, but I seem to recall at least one scene where one of the mecha has to reach inside of a building to perform an extraction.
I think I may have mentioned this fic a while back. Or possibly not. But yeah, it's a bit of a favorite. Sanq are a bit ubered compared to the Tau'ri, but thats mostly due to the setting I guess.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.
Well, you're mainly only dealing with a small and rather exceptional sample of Sanq, while the SGC are (except for Teal'c) more or less baseline human - well, not Daniel in this, but that goes back to the unusual Sanq. So, I guess what I'm saying is that while the pilots are indeed more personally powerful than SGC members, it's not so bad that I'd call them truly 'uber' - uber would be if Heero busted in on Miss Snakehead and whupped up on her without breaking a heavy sweat, and the real plot eeemed more about getting the information, planning, and the moves and countermoves of preparation more than combat, even if it does have some good action sequences scattered throughout.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
A Lois & Clark Fanfic
We've had a lot of Harry Potter and Buffy fanfics lately along with stargate so here is something from another movie and TV universe.
This is a Lois & Clark Alternater universe and has a few crossovers elements from Sliders and Captain Marvel, but they come later in the story.
It features the return of Ultrawoman and a evil superman.
It does get updated about once every 18 months or so.

www.lcfanfic.com/author_s...chuldtJoel
Every thing by this fanfic writer is set in the same universe.
They are listed in alphabetical order so you have to read carefully to find out the order to read them in.
The first four stories are there 8 large chapters with 2 or 3 side stories.
-1-
Endings and Beginning
-2-
Storm Warnings
-3-
Evil Resurgant
-4-
Resolutions
howard melton
God bless
Read it for the articles...
... becuase there's no lemon to be found in Innortal's take on the Ranma/Pokegirls theme. Lots of post-Jusendo uber-Ranma-ness, but noting more than before and after where the pr0n would usually go. Still NSFW, but no more than the text equivalent of partial frontal nudity.
--
Datum of Random Silliness +3
So I was re-reading the SG-Skippylist.
And I noted this entry:
Quote:
8. Today is not a good day to die, by order of the Joint Chiefs.
That could not be General Jumpers writing, could it? Oh dear. Yes, it probably was.
At first I thought General Jumper was the NID nitwit they brought in when Hammond was blackmailed into "retiring", the one who tried to make Sam build a naquadria bomb.
A quick bit of research proved me wrong. General Jumper appeared in a brief cameo in season 8, as himself, General John P Jumper, USAF Chief of Staff. (as had his predecessor, General Ryan, a couple of seasons previously).
In other words, "by order of the Joint Chiefs" is intended to be taken quite literally.
*shatter*--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
Re: 284 is enough - NEW new fic rec thread
I don't think Arkhe has been reccomended before, but Single ninja on the Town is both very funny and recently completed, dattebayo!
[/b]SERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
--
Re: 284 is enough - NEW new fic rec thread
Thank you CD! i've been scrounging the boards trying to find a link to back to Arkhe's stuff ever since I breezed through Fox Identity a while back, I think you recommended it here and then like the idiot I am I forgot to save the link :S
*goes off to devour the written works*
Fields of Iron
Just found a good original series Battlestar Galactica fanfic.
www.battlestargalacticacl...d97&t=3439
I'm only about 1/3 of the way through it and it is the fairly standard plot device of another Battlestar survives and takes off after the Galactica with more refugees.
So far it's been a good read.
howard melton
God bless
Fission
New Ranma/SM xover...Fission by Homernet which has some particularly amusing twists...
Snippets:
There, in her schoolyard, with her and all of her friends in their civilian clothes, was a girl in some body armor with some sort of weapon strapped to her back. Some very revealing body armor. Usagi never watched Project A-ko, but she would have found her next line very appropriate in response to the new girl. Aren't you a little cold in that?
The other girl growled and said, Pay attention! Because of you, Usagi Tsukino, I have seen hell!
--More:
Ranma-chan simply sat on the ground, a huge smile on her face and her eyes closed in an expression of innocent joy as she rubbed her cheek against Shampoo's soft fur. She suddenly stopped, frozen. Ukyo and Akane noticed, Ukyo dropping to the ground and dragging Kimi with her. Akane turned to run, but was too distracted trying to keep an eye on her fiance and stumbled to the ground.
Ranma's eyes snapped open. She was holding and snuggling a c...c...CAT!
YAAAAAARGH!
--------------------------
WMD
Grrrr...putting in any character that can be interpreted as html coding seems to be a big no no with ezboard...
--Werehawk--
My mom's brief take on upcoming Guatemalan Elections "In last throes of preelection activities. Much loudspeaker vote pleading."
Re: Fission
I found this fic the other day and suprisingly the crossover works pretty well.
Sufficiently Advanced Technology
Its a Harry Potter/Batman crossover.
It managed to get me thinking though. Could any of you see Jason Blood as DADA teacher at Hogwarts? The thought gives me the creeps.

Kheram
Re: Fission
I think I read that one. About a year ago. Very Batty Sue-ish, as I recall.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Re: Sufficiently Advanced Technology
If it's the one I'm thinking of, yeah, someone pointed it out a year or more ago. (Quick check of last chapter once FF.net stops choking) Yeah, I remember this one. Everyone and his brother gets magical, and Batman figures out the biophysics of the wizard talent. And then it stops.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
hmmm.... based on Bob's summary... pass. and I simply don't think that the crossover would fly in the first place. :S _______________________________
"We few, we happy few. We band of buggered"
--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
hmm i'lll give it a few weeks before I try it out, so that I give it a bit of a fair chance...
but honestly at the moment i'm seriously sceptical :S_______________________________
"We few, we happy few. We band of buggered"
www.fanfiction.net/s/2836467/1/
Another Story
A little Gall Force fun from shanejayeall - another survivor ship from the massive battle that opened the first story makes its own attempt to survive, and perhaps find a way to victory...
www.fanfiction.net/s/1487077/20/--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Re: Another Story
Ruskbyte has come out with another silly short.-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Re: Another Story
Random Acts of Silliness is the story of a poor, poor sod who gets turned into a tentacle demon in the middle of Sailor Moon Tokyo. The problem? Well... he's suicidal. And celibate.

Quote:
When asked why hed come back, his reply had been somewhat unexpected. I tell people that I have tentacles, and they just scoff. I show them my tentacles, with the very obvious phallic portions of them, and they get these huge, idiotic grins, pull up lawn chairs, and start ordering pizza and beer. I asked what the occasion was, and they said they were waiting for Spider Man to show up and beat the crap out of Doctor Octopus. He then shook his head disgustedly. I was born an American, and I cant help but sigh in shame. At least here you people have the sense to avoid me.
-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]
Baeraad
www.fanfiction.net/u/118341/
Baeraad. It amazes me nobody ever recommended his stories. Much better than others found in the White Wolf Universe.
Re: Baeraad
...That's like saying arsenic is better for you than cyanide, y'know. ^.^
--Sam
"Children of the night! Shut up!"
Re: Re: Baeraad
Clarification. Good stories by any standard. Simply more remarkable in it's chosen setting.
Re: Baeraad
By the way, Kentmagus, I just noticed your first message. Welcome to the forums!

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...