Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
284 is enough - NEW new fic rec thread
Re: 284 is enough - NEW new fic rec thread
A nice little Teen Titans fic with a surprising twist - and I admit I read it initially for the title. ^_^ Large amount of AN may be annoying for some though. and it's uncoventionally Raven/Robin - though done in a logical way.
www.fanfiction.net/s/2501225/1/
The twist is telegraphed early but the effect is haunting. Still incomplete though...
Re: Inevitable by Mhalachai
Title: Inevitable
Author: Mhalachai
URL: www.tthfanfic.org/Story-6...itable.htm
Fandom: Harry Potter / Anita Blake crossover.
Setting: One year after Incubus Dreams (not Micah-compliant) / One year after Order of the Phoenix (not Half-Blood Prince-compliant)
Summary: A late-night run-in with werewolves in the woods outside St. Louis dumps Harry Potter into a whole new world of trouble. Now Anita Blake has to deal with a new charge as well as Death-Eaters come to town.
Well written. In character. Manages to mesh the two universes (or, at least, convincingly sidestep any issues). Stays true to the POV conventions of both series without becoming a total POV-clusterfuck (halle-fucking-lujah). Frequently updated (averaging an update per week for a little over a year). And, most importantly, approaching biblical in length at over 300,000 words, to date (okay...half a bible, anyway).
The Assitant.
www.fanfiction.net/s/2813413/1/
The sequel to "The Barista"
A surprisingly well written Highlander/Harry Potter fic
A surprisingly well written Highlander/Harry Potter fic,
and other stories by the same author.
www.fanfiction.net/s/2646438/1/Here
A new BtVS fic I've posted on my LJ
I've posted a Buffy fic on my LJ. It's Willow/Xander, rated Hard R. NSFW, I'm trying something new.
jpublic.livejournal.com/60760.html--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Re: A new BtVS fic I've posted on my LJ
I'd just like you to know that I woke up out of a sound sleep, said "My horndog sense is tingling!" and checked the board about two minutes after you posted the link. I'm not sure what this says about *me,* but it says your fic is good enough to induce psychic phenomena. A great mix of crunchy plot and slick, creamy smut, like peanut butter. Mmmm, peanut butter.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
C. S. Lewis Fic
Tapestry Unwoven Check it out
Quote:
About Peter - the boy he was, the man he came to be, and what he left behind when he came back out of the wardrobe. Angst, because it's a good thing.
Edenfalling
...has a new piece out - a Labyrinth fic called Balance.
Ja, -n

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Unlikely Heroes
Unlikely Heroes: The Lich Phage Marrowice
First in a series: Every hero isn't a Thrall or even an Arthas. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some fall into the category of none of the above. Here is the story of one such unlikely hero.
Unlikely Heroes: The Bandit Jorn Raveloe
Second in a series about the heroes who never shake the world, because they're too busy trying to keep it from shaking them. It's not easy being a bandit chief, especially not in the infested city of Dalaran.
Unlikely Heroes: The Fel Orc Veren Redmorning
Third in a series about the heroes who may become great, but never famous. Not many will remember Veren Redmorning. Those who do will not soon forget.
Unlikely Heroes: The Harpy Queen Skrch
Fourth in a series about the heroes who are not related to Jaina, have never met Thrall, and are never going to make the Lich King's To Do list.
Xyvortex has a couple of really good potterfics, Blind Faith and a sequel that's starting in on 2nd Year. As the title suggests, this Harry has been blinded, thoguh he has an aura detaction ability that can fill in for it in limited ways, and which makes his potions performance good enough for (obviously non-HBP) Snape disconnect him from James Potter and the bad blood between them and makes some forms of magic more effective for him. Original in a number of interesting ways.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
Dr. Akagi will recover. Observe, Rei smiled. Shinji-kun, are these your clothes?
Ritsuko shot up like a spring loaded meerkat. What? Shinji-kun is naked?
See, Anata? Dr. Hentai is alive and well. - Innortal's _I Do_
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Totally seconding the recommendation for the Unlikely Heroes series: good, non-overpowered with a bit of humor to go with it. They're a bit implausible but hey, they're fun reads.
I am also going to second (triple?) the warcraft fics, they are pretty kick-ass. Especially the orc one.
The Devil Is In The Details...
This is extremely short, but also funny Buffy the Vampire Slayer story that might not fill your screen.
www.grandt.com/XanderZone...tails.html
howard melton
God bless
Garden of Sanctuary
www.fanfiction.net/s/2781399/1/
i'm not one to usually recomend stuff like this.. but..
this is one of the most tear-jerking naruto fics i've read in a while._______________________________
"We few, we happy few. We band of buggered"
A Year Like No Other
archive.skyehawke.com/story.php?no=5036
There are things here that some folks might find disturbing, but not too much, and none of it sexual. There's a fair amount of digging into the psychology of abused children. I was sincerely impressed. Post-OOtP, and very, very not HBP-compliant.
Interesting Firefly/BSG fic
The Stars On Fire is an intersting cross between Firefly/Serenity and BSG2003... only 5 chapters so far, but looking good...-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Re: The Birthday Present
This is a Potter story, started before HBP was published. Harry has a good summer with the Dursleys thanks to Petunia slipping everyone a potion, Snape gives Harry a pensieve full of unpleasant memories for a birthday present, and someone dies.
It's pro-Snape, but all the characters are fairly sympathetically drawn - fundamentally decent, but humanly fallible - apart from Voldemort and Vernon. The plot has a nice mix of intrigue, action, and quiet moments.
The author says they have an 800 page first draft of the story, which is being expanded as they release it, so it's likely to be completed. It doesn't look like it's at the half-way point yet.

The Birthday Present
I'm trying to withold my irritation with that fic. It's a little too over-the-top at times.
None the less, it *is* absorbing.--
Hmm. I'll have to check it out.

-- Bob
---------
For Jor-El so loved the Earth, he sent his only begotten son...
Re: Hollow
Hollow by the Itch a BleachHarry Potter crossover
Quote:
"You're fast, boy," the beast smiled a death's head grin, and this time when it moved, Harry had almost no warning. He dodged, but it wasn't enough, as his soul was shorn from his body, connected only by his chain of fate.
Now little more than a ghost, Harry was confused to see a second chain leading from his head off into the distance. Though more pressing than figuring out if he had two bodies laying around, was the fact that he could barely move, and the beast stood over him, gloating about it's good luck, "Oh-ho, you dodged again! But not enough. You're mine!"
Mouth wide, the beast threw himself forwards again, intending to swallow Harry's soul in one bite. Potter squeezed his eyes shut, praying for a miracle, praying for something anything to come save him.
--hear me! Hear me and call my name! I am--
"Hyourinmaru!" Harry screamed, chain of fate shattering and leaving his soul unconnected.
To steal a line from that dreck happerry, "It was abhorrent."
Written for the purpose of mocking the Potterverse and then had Bleach shoved into it for flavor or something. Dead lifeless characters, A Harry only Harry by those trying to associate with him, and generally being rather boring. That someone with all the battle ability of first level charioteer somehow got into a position of power and is going take over for a guy that can level cities (or a dead, paralyzed squirrel or paperweight, not enough info to tell) in the heavy assult force command is just painful. That Voldy turns Hollow inside Private Drive (because he hung out with Harry or something apparently) and fails to eat the occupants of the place on general principle is painful ill explained.
Please consider if the story your pointing us to is even of 'Good idea. Bad execution.' status before recommending it.
I thought it was a great read, but if you think differently then let us agree to disagree. now if you want to see a non Harry Harry then look at Gabriel, after all he is not behaving like canon harry due to who raised him either. Also where did it say that Voldemort turns into a Hollow inside Private Drive? Because the way I read it he turned Hollow of where ever he would be in canon not in Private Drive. And he turned into a hollow because his link with Harry which was keeping him mortal was broken, not because he hung out with Harry. Also where is it said that Voldemort and Harry hang out?
Look at this
Quote:
"Simply enough, Riddle bound his soul to your body to prevent himself from being sent to Hell or becoming a Hollow. When you became a Shinigami, it destroyed the bond keeping him from effecting the material world. When your body was destroyed, it opened him to becoming a Hollow, despite the bonds he carried with various inanimate objects."
and this
Quote:
Now little more than a ghost, Harry was confused to see a second chain leading from his head off into the distance. Though more pressing than figuring out if he had two bodies laying around, was the fact that he could barely move, and the beast stood over him, gloating about it's good luck, "Oh-ho, you dodged again! But not enough. You're mine!"
second chain.
And take over for who now? I can't understand what you want this to mean.
Quote:
That someone with all the battle ability of first level charioteer somehow got into a position of power and is going take over for a guy that can level cities (or a dead, paralyzed squirrel or paperweight, not enough info to tell) in the heavy assult force command is just painful.
Oi, criticizing other people's recommendations is *my* job around here.--
I hadn't run into that one before, and judging from the fact I just spent 12 hours reading it straight through, it's really good.
Thank you.
Hazards of Redemption hasn't been updated in quite a while, but... BWAHAHAHA!
It's the story of a powerful oni summoned from Hell to kill the Tendous. Problem? Well, let's just say that he winds up becoming Kasumi's student...-- This message brought to you by Ely Lilly, makers of SeraFem: Happy Pills for PMS.
[Image: Aleh.jpg]