Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
284 is enough - NEW new fic rec thread
Re: Lost Time
Meh. Some interesting ideas, but not terribly well-written. The whole thing feels rather contrived.--
"I give you the beautiful... the talented... the tirelessly atomic-powered...
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.
New HP Short fic
The Quiz, by Crys.-- Bob
---------
I loot faster. -- Peggy Schroeck, D&D game, in response to a crisis situation that arises while she's searching the bodies of four recent opponents.
Re: 284 is enough - NEW new fic rec thread
Luna's Hubby by Meteoric Shipyards
Kids do the darnedest things, don't they? Strongly reccomended... and I could have put it in the ROFL thread as easily as here, but the humor isn't quite as blatant as one might expect if I had.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Lilly?
In Nomine flavored squee.

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
spider-man
www.fanfiction.net/s/2093771/1/
A might have been after Spider-Man 2.
Re: spider-man
The spider-man fic is pretty good [Image: happy.gif] I like it [Image: smile.gif] _______________________________
We are the swords in the darkness, the watchers on the walls. The fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn. The horn that wakes the sleepers. The shield that guards the realms of men. -The Brothers Black
It was originally recced on Viridian's board.
www.fanfiction.net/s/2889388/1/
ShadoeFox
Take a look at ShadoeFox's fics, he has bad summaries but the fiction is good.
Inuyasha
Ouch.

===============================================
"Puripuri puripuri... Bang!"
Inevitable has a ....
new chapter
ETA: inevitably, i put this in the wrong place... grumble. 24 hours of work in 2 days isn't good for me...-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.
Re: Harry Potter/Buffy Crossover Fic
There's a new chapter of 'Prophecies? We Don't Need No Stinking Prophecies!'
www.tthfanfic.org/story.p...chapter=14__________________
"I know when I'm not wanted. I usually don't listen, but I know." - Harper (Andromeda)
Re: Chapter 50 of "Make A Wish" posted
This is course is important being the NEW story thread.
I'm most impressed that RB didn't 'ship Harry with anyone.
--
Christopher Angel, aka JPublic
The Works of Christopher Angel
[Image: Con.gif]
Quote:
This is course is important being the NEW story thread.
Sorry, I clicked on the wrong thread. Perhaps Bob can move it to the correct one?
Re: Re: Chapter 50 of "Make A Wish" posted
Quote:
Perhaps Bob can move it to the correct one?
Nope, can't do that. I can only move whole threads, not individual messages.-- Bob
---------
I loot faster. -- Peggy Schroeck, D&D game, in response to a crisis situation that arises while she's searching the bodies of four recent opponents.
More fun than a barrel of Xanders
While I'm far from having read all 221 of Lucinda's stories on TTH, the ones I have gotten through have all been packed with awesome. Of particualr note are Family Tree Series, Family Tree Series 2, and A Cat's Tale, the first two being set mid S1 BtVS, where WIllow discovers that she is (movieverse) Magneto's somewhat distant cousin, A Cat's Tale being interspered in time troguh the other two, showing the perspective of a freind 'Cousin Erik' sends to keep an eye on her when he begins to feel that the town she's living in may not be entirely safe. Each chapter of it begins with what chapter(s) of Family Tree it takes place in, so it's not hard to keep synchronized.
- CDSERVO: Loook *deeeeply* into my eyes... Tell me, what do you see?
CROW: (hypnotized) A twisted man who wants to inflict his pain upon others.
A kung-fu nun in a leather thong was no less extreme than anything else he had seen that day. - Rev. Dark's IST: Holy Sea World
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows
Try Balance by rabbit and -v-Jinx-v
Faces of the City
I was considerin' posting this in the Legendary forum, since this is a City of Heroes fanfic. But, eh. If you know CoH's background and lore, this is wonderful. But even if you don't, this is still an amazing bit of writing, evocative, with strong characterisation - and I think it quite adequately explains everything you need to know within the context of the story, no outside reference needed. (Though this might help)
It's very much like Neil Gaiman's work, in theme. The idea of an urban mythos, or Gods and totems of the modern world. The series follows the "Spirit of the Row", a hero who's literally the personification of the King's Row district.
The author, Megajoule, is currently posting this on the official CoH board. There've been about nine updates over the last two months, since he (or she, I dunno) started. Each section is a largely self-contained snippet, focusing on a part of Paragon City - and their souls.
-- Acyl
Quote:
Try Balance by rabbit and -v-Jinx-v
Quite nice, despite the abrupt and unexplained beginning -- or is that in some other story of theirs?-- Bob
---------
Quote:
Faces of the City
Mmmm. Now that's some good writing. This Megajoule is quite skilled.-- Bob
---------
Re: Re: 284 is enough - NEW new fic rec thread
www.fanfiction.net/s/2894304/1/ Young Again: The Rewrite by Taliath

PostHBP. When all hope seems lost and everybody is dead, Harry transports his soul into the body of his one year old self. This time, he's going to try and set things right.
Very much worth a look. I just wish the author didn't have such a knack for cliffhangers...
Vathara dropped a new one in the land of Urban Legends.
Flat Tire with Bad Guys
Beat me to it, Hap, but it has much coolness.--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
New from AlbertG
So, we have all sorts of fun with the Federation jumping in to help out with the Earth-Minbari War. But what if something happened even more differently?
Let's just derail the whole train of thought, shall we?--
R!
DOROTHY!
WAYNERIGHT!

--
Sucrose Octanitrate.