Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers that Should not be: Welcome to the next level.

Quote: Necratoid wrote:

Not only did the Carebears have enemies... they had at least one major big bad... I think it was Dark Heart... he was in one of the movies and literally
captured all but one of the Carebears and their allies.I may be remembering this wrong... but I think it was implied that the Carebears were captured because
they'd eventually respawn if killed. The Big Bad's major flaw was that he sealed them all in a single breakable chandlier rather than dozens on small
containment units. It has been like 1.5-2 decades sense I've scene the film.... so I'm a little off here.

I recall that. Yeah, Darkheart captured all but a pair of parent figures to the rest of the Carebears & Cousins. And when the Chandalier was dropped to
smash on the stone floor they were all released. The scary part was that Darkheart was holding his own against the combined Stare of all the Carebears and the
Cousins.

Don't actually have a problem with that robkelk... though I still don't know this Christopher... so against can't comment there Drop a link here
to the thread though, I'm with blackaeromnaut on the Caretaker.

Yes, there are low numbers of Carebears and Cousins. dozens rather than hundreds or millions... if you read the Wikipedia article on them they only start off
with ten of them... one of those is Grumpy Bear... which means the other 9 took him (meaning whatever he was then) down. All the rest would be converts.
Likely Stared djinn. So they'd be a rumour to most. If you really want to obscure things... have the greeting cards exist in the game world. The only
reason they actually have heard of them at all in Hell is that every once in a while some Shedim is found gibbering about Carebears and rapidly having their
forces unravel.

Another thing to consider is that the Carebears have technology. Major technology not only cloud cars capable of flight and inter dimensional travel, but the
Cousins have a single, warp capable starship... which considering their low numbers that actually may be a personnel issue rather than lack of resources.
Though you could nerf that down to a plane shifting ship that traveled the local plane's of existence. Largely that ever shifting one with all the
'Other' category forces based lifeforms and power leaches. Though as they are there to prevent anything as stupid as the Legion mess from happening
again... they can reach Heaven and Hell and the moral realm... its just not on the agenda unless something major shows up to wreak havic, something utterly
nasty. The ship could also be a mobile weapons platform... designed as an amp in case of something as nasty and powerful as Dark Heart shows up again. Which
considering Hell is full of crazy idiots is only a matter of time.

The lilum should be actively trying to get hooks into the Cousin/Carebears if for no other reason getting to travel around on that ship is worth epic bragging
rights and Lillith is promising to cancel out Geaes (hinting solid proof may be worth multiple cancelations) just proving it exists. That Carebears and
Cousins never actually take human form, and apparently physically sexless is going to make this far more difficult. Carebears are speicial ops and not normal
makes them less believable. I mean they show up as they are... to random mortals... it just isn't done.

The low numbers could also be a result of the Stare conversion breaking off forces. You have to be powerful or really, really lucky to survive.

Quote:The scary part was that Darkheart was holding his own against the combined Stare of all the Carebears and the Cousins.
Well, an ordinary angel's Attunement almost never works on a Demon Prince.

(Which might mean Darkheart is a Fallen Carebear...)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Okay, this has taken so much brainpower that it is soon to be a crossover that IS, unless I'm mistaken. Wink
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Personally I'd like to read a Carebears/In Nomine crossover.

"Team seven," Iruka announced, looking nervous, "Takamachi Nanoha, Tesstarossa Fate, and Yagami Hayate under jounin-sensei Happosai."

Originally I was planning on using Darsh Schneider, but I decided to take pitty on the elemental countries. With Happosai the collateral damage should be
limited to just most of Fire-Country.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

They don't know how they got there, they don't know their way around, they can't make head or tail of the language, and they sure as Warp don't
know if they'll ever be able to get home. But rampaging boomers look and act enough like necrons for Administratum work. Squad 3-1-3 of the Adeptus
Astartes
Death Questers chapter is in MegaTokyo, and they're looking to kill some time. And boomers. And, well, anyone else who gets in their way....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote: CattyNebulart wrote:

"Team seven," Iruka announced, looking nervous, "Takamachi Nanoha, Tesstarossa Fate, and Yagami Hayate under jounin-sensei Happosai."

Originally I was planning on using Darsh Schneider, but I decided to take pitty on the elemental countries. With Happosai the collateral damage should be
limited to just most of Fire-Country.
Wouldn't someone like, say, Samantha Carter be more suitable? As opposed to, for example, the Lovely Angels jointly handling the role.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

Quote:Wouldn't someone like, say, Samantha Carter be more suitable? As opposed to, for example, the Lovely Angels jointly handling the role.

Well lots of people would be more suitable, tough I have a hard time imagining someone like Carter in a ninja village. Happosai was chosen in large part because he is not a suitable teacher for a trio of young girls. Though having the Dirty Pai^H^H^H^H^H^H, er I mean Lovely Angels as teachers would be interesting, as in the Chinese curse. A demolition focused squad indeed.

I don't quite know how Fate would respond to having her underwear stolen (Embarrassment? Rage? Something else?) but I can imagine how she would react to Nanoha having her underwear stolen; "Only I am allowed to do that! DIE PERVERT! Plasma Zanbar Breaker!"
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Quote:I don't quite know how Fate would respond to having her underwear stolen (Embarrassment? Rage? Something else?) but I can imagine how she would react to Nanoha having her underwear stolen; "Only I am allowed to do that! DIE PERVERT! Plasma Zanbar Breaker!"
That is a completely unfair and inaccurate opinion of what Fate would say.

She's completely accepting of Hayate stealing Nanoha's underwear, too.
--
Rob Kelk

Here's a crossover (or, more accurately, fusion) that should not be...but is (in webcomic form!): Bishojo Kishi Sailor Hellsing.

--The Twisted One
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire

A Kodomo no Omocha / Skip Beat crossover where the female leads are doing a a show together as told by Tsukune Aono who was a full time member of the crew
over the summer vacation, between first and second year... he repeatedly references how glad he is to be somewhere so normal.

Schulz City.

--Sam

"Eating kittens is just plain -- plain WRONG! And no one should do it EVER!"

*snerk* Charles Schulz would probably laugh. He'd see it at least as much of a parody on Frank Miller's stuff as his own.
One line of dialogue, to start off a CTSNB...
"You fool! I said 'summon the Furies,' not the Furries!"
--
Rob Kelk

Oh... those mischievous typo demons.

Meh, that could easily happen Erfworld.

Quote:Don't actually have a problem with that robkelk... though I still don't know this Christopher... so against can't comment there Drop a link here to the thread though, I'm with blackaeromnaut on the Caretaker.
http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=57010]Linky-thingy

(I waited this long because there was actually some other content there for the last little while. But they just cleaned up a drive-by spamming and needed new on-topic content there this afternoon, so...)
--
Rob Kelk

YAHF with a difference...
Spike is feeling bored that halloween and just after closing time interrupts Ethan as he's about to go and start his spell...

...Ethan gives him the Piccolo suit...

...Not original of course, but I swear that's the first thing that popped into my head after seeing DBZ:E's credits.

In re: Care Bears/ In Nomine, they even have a Hebrew Choir name now: Chamudim [The cute/dear ones.]
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

I feel bad about being able to think this up. It doesn't reflect well on me.

Sailor Gor

I just need to remind you that this thread is for crossovers that should not be and go wash my brain out with soap and water.

Ow!

The thought, it cannot be un-thought!
--
Rob Kelk

... "In the name of Gor, you will punish me"?

--Sam

"If that's art, then art is dirty and weird!"

Did we deserve that? Really?

Oh, and you just lost the Game.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.
Universalism
I thought it was the UU was a joke/spoof/sci-fi series religon like the Culture or something....

Looks real. Apparently I am

The Broadsword of Enlightenment

I blame Bluemage for this...