Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Be: Legends Dabon
Heavy Metals
Allomancers work their magic by 'burning' metals that they have ingested.  The effect is dependent upon what that metal is.  So of course there's speculation on what happens if an allomancer tries using Uranium, or Plutonium, or gets hold of one of those unique man-made metallic elements in the periodic table.But what happens when an Allomancer goes D-hopping, and tries his/her stomach at Unobtanium?  Adamantium?  Neutronium?  Nth Metal?  Uru metal?

Absolutely nothing. There's a specific 16 metals allomancy works on, no more, each with a specific effect. It's not just any metal that will work for allomancy. At best, they'll get a stomach ache. At worst, they get poisoned.
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

How much of the books have you read? Some of the answers related to that are spoilery, if you've only read the first book.
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Technically, THE OTHER metal can be used to make alloys for super Mistings.
--------------------------------------
I am the LORD OF THE CRACK!
Check out said crack:
Takamachi Nanoha of 2814- Green Lantern Nanoha. To START! Now with a TvTropes page!
FATE/Holy Grail War of 2814- The Fifth Holy Grail War with Magical Girl Prisma Illya, in the DCAU, from the above story.
Magical Girl Magistra Erebea Molly- the world's first Dresden Files/TvTropes Crossover.
VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke

SCM Writer of 2814 Wrote:Technically, THE OTHER metal can be used to make alloys for super Mistings.
-----
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

Not knowing the series... I can still tell you what happens when one eats Neutronium... they implode.  They don't even get to eat it so much as be eaten by it.

Where in the Stars is Kasumi Sandiego?
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."
Dragonball Equestria
The bad news:  the universe Equestria inhabits is a very, very dangerous place.The good news:  Son Goku landed in Equestria as a baby and was raised by Ponies.

Now, as the forces of Evil loom, they will find themselves up against a Super-Saiyan whose strength is amplified by the Power of Friendship.  Yeah, Evil is about to have a bad day.  Month?  Nah, decade.

SkyeFire Wrote:The bad news:  the universe Equestria inhabits is a very, very dangerous place.The good news:  Son Goku landed in Equestria as a baby and was raised by Ponies.

Now, as the forces of Evil loom, they will find themselves up against a Super-Saiyan whose strength is amplified by the Power of Friendship.  Yeah, Evil is about to have a bad day.  Month?  Nah, decade.
Evil will last that long?
-----

Jorlem Wrote:
SkyeFire Wrote:The bad news:  the universe Equestria inhabits is a very, very dangerous place.The good news:  Son Goku landed in Equestria as a baby and was raised by Ponies.

Evil will last as long as the editors can convince the writer to keep writing... and a bit more past that, too.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:
Jorlem Wrote:

Evil will last as long as the editors can convince the writer to keep writing... and a bit more past that, too.
After all, the more badguys you smack down, the more badguys tend to notice.  Wink

I know I'm a little late to the party... but I just had an image of an Allomancer who somehow winds up in the Scarlet Empire... and discovers that they're able to burn the most dramatically obvious native metals for the most dramatically obvious (though temporary) effects. Mmmm. Tasty, tasty starmetal. It lets you do such *interesting* things.

Also...

The surprising thing is how *familiar* it all is, really. He's in charge of a powerful multinational organization, tasked by shadowy and not entirely trustworthy paymasters with the task of saving the world. He has uncounted agents, amazing information-gathering and computing resources, a main base that looks on paper like the sort of thing a mad scientist might use for a secret lair, and technology that does seemingly impossible things and costs ridiculous amounts of money to maintain. In spite of the world-spanning nature of the threats he is to face, for some reason he has to work through a relatively small number of individuals with their own psychological dysfunctions. It really is familiar ground, in a way... but somehow, he's still finding it all a little NERV-wracking.

Nick Fury, Agent of Seele.

Here's a disturbing thought:
The dark dystopia of Twenty Minutes Into The Future is known for the ubiquity of televisions and the massive strength and power of the media corporations. However, if you look closely, the interactivity of these televisions closely mirrors the Internet, with people doing all their shopping and interaction through interactive TVs. Now, given that the Internet has already given form to another electronic universe... what happens when Max Headroom finds the Grid.
"G-g-g-greetings, programs! This is M-M-Max Headroom, and what I wanna know is: What's with all the neon and the French t-t-techno?"
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Oh, my, yes. And Max Headroom should be almost a user in his own right...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Oh, my, yes. And Max Headroom should be almost a user in his own right...
For a moment, I thought I was reading the ReBoot thread over in Future Steps... but MH/RB is a completely different Crossover That Should Be, isn't it?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

robkelk Wrote:
Bob Schroeck Wrote:Oh, my, yes. And Max Headroom should be almost a user in his own right...
For a moment, I thought I was reading the ReBoot thread over in Future Steps... but MH/RB is a completely different Crossover That Should Be, isn't it?
Well, to be fair, ReBoot already has Mike the TV, which I think is born of the same sense of satire that Max Headroom was. (I think that Max is referenced several times in the show by Mike as well.)

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

"Max Headroom, D-D-D-DemiUser!"

Love the idea. Max Headroom in Tron's has legs, I think. Smile

So... been watching a bit of Tron Uprising, lately.  Not too bad, although whomever animated (CG'd?) the "dancing" at the nightclub needs to be shot.  Seriously.But, to get back on-topic:  going by the most recent episode, the Identity Disk every Program has on their back is the core of their being -- without it, they (at minimum) lose all their memory and sense of identity.  Although I have a hunch the writers didn't really think through all the implications....

But, that means that the Programs end up using their very essences -- their souls, if you will -- as weapons.  And it hit me: where have we seen this before?  Answer:  Utena.

So now some poor obsessive sub-process in my brain is jammed on trying to build a fusion/Xover out of this one point of commonality.  Agh.

It may just be that my only Utena exposure is via EPU but the first thing that came to my mind was actually Archer from F/SN... Who actually fits scarily well into the Tron mythos if you accept the digital world as a demiparallel subdimension. I mean, Nasuverse magecraft even comes from accessing the power of the Root with your magic circuits...
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

I decline to do Dark Dystopias.

I present instead:

We Three Kings of Piracy Are

Starring:
Elizabeth Swann
Ryoko Hakubi
Marika Kato

Guest-Starring:
Admiral Justy Ueki Tylor
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

ECSNorway Wrote:I decline to do Dark Dystopias.

I present instead:

Starring:

Elizabeth Swann

Ryoko Hakubi

Marika Kato

Guest-Starring:

Admiral Justy Ueki Tylor
Oh no...  There are so many awesome pirates out there...  Throw Captain Harlock and Queen Emraldas into the mix, and you'll be just STARTING to scratch the surface of teh awesome.

Yeah, there are plenty out there, but we want our three stars. I picked them because they're a) very familiar to me, b) cute Smile, and c) acclaimed by their peers.

Harlock... well, I'm just not a Leiji-fan.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

ECSNorway Wrote:I decline to do Dark Dystopias.

I present instead:

Starring:

Elizabeth Swann

Ryoko Hakubi

Marika Kato

Guest-Starring:

Admiral Justy Ueki Tylor

...You're brilliant.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Inoue Orihime, avatar of the Norns or just Skuld? Her single-pin attack certainly Cuts, but the two-pin 'healing by rejecting the reality of the damage' is pretty clearly Measuring. The three-pin shield doesn't really fit Spinning, or with that theme in general as far as I can see, though... maybe something to link the past and things protected behind it?

- dNN
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows