Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Be: Legends Dabon

Just had one I had to share. Spacebattles has a long-running semi-round-robin called "Lovehammer" spun off of a "Usagi as raised by the God Emperor of Mankind" (of Sailor Moon and Warhammer 40k, respectively) thread.

My idea: "Son Goku as raised by the God Emperor of Mankind". Call it "Kihammer".

Thanks
Luc "Terrible No Good Very Bad Ideas" French

Quote:Lubaf wrote:

Just had one I had to share. Spacebattles has a long-running semi-round-robin called "Lovehammer" spun off of a "Usagi as raised by the God Emperor of Mankind" (of Sailor Moon and Warhammer 40k, respectively) thread.
My idea: "Son Goku as raised by the God Emperor of Mankind". Call it "Kihammer".
ThanksLuc "Terrible No Good Very Bad Ideas" French
Vash the Stampede as God Emperor of Mankind: Love (and Peace) Gun

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

"Sailor Moon"/"Usagi Yojimbo".
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:

"Sailor Moon"/"Usagi Yojimbo".
Which gives the amusing image of Usagi Tsukino in a ratty kimono and hakama, scratching her dirty chin and surveying the town with cynical exhaustion... and the terrifying image of Toshiro Mifune in a sailor fuku. He'd probably still kick an extraordinary amount of ass though.
(Remember, Toshiro Mifune is not dead; he's just waiting for a worthy opponent.)

Ebony the Black Dragon

I'd like to point out that Carmen Sandiago actually has time travel powers... this is one of the great sorceries.  Her plan is blatantly obvious... she is there to steal the Root itself.  It'd be a short War though as she has already stolen so many people's command seals.  She'd have a noble phantasm that gives her prana for everything she manages to steal... the more grandious the more prana.  Though she has to lead people and interpole on a wild chase across time, space, the world.. Zelretch's summer homes, whatever.Most annoyingly broken and nonviolent caster ever.
Actually concidering Shiro has Avalon ... and can 'steal' noble phantasams just by looking at them... and if they make it sword shaped he can have any equipment she has at will... undetectably.  It won't cost cash no matter how many he breaks.  Its also a challenge to figure out how to train him as an apprentice... that doesn't even go into his fix it abilities... or how she can double date him.

I was going to avoid the "Where in Time...?" bit due to it being a lost Magic in Nasuverse, as part of making the crossover fit together. Though time travel hax would be one way to bring about a Utopia ending, as long as its set up to be a major effort useable once or twice only - make a huge mess of the 5th war, then protag party jumps back to the 4th and shuts it down in time to save Irisviel, get kid Sakura out of the rapeworm pit, etc. But, Shiro's position against time travel is clear.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

So, I finally got around to playing a bit of Kerbal Space Program.  And it occurs to me that there's a perfect opportunity here for a hilarious re-skinning of the game:  Top Gear Space Program.
I mean, really, all you need is to add some TG logometry to the various spacecraft components, bump up the likelihood of any given component exploding by several (dozen) percent, and replace the three Kerbal avatars with the TG hosts:  Jezza smiles in direct proportion to current thrust/velocity, May smiles (or at least looks engaged) during difficult fiddly bits like orbit tuning and docking, and Hammond... well, Hammond just randomly smiles or freaks out all over the place (also has the whitest teeth).

Do that, and you're almost golden.  Maybe add some wheels, Bugatti Veyron parts, and various chrome/flame blingage to the parts bin, and you're good to go.  I mean, have you read those parts descriptions in the VAB?  The level of engineering would only have to drop a little in order to meet TG's standards.

The thing is that the time travel is largely useless here... no seriously.  you can't use it any real way outside trolling people like Interpole.  I'm pretty sure she gives stuff back just to annoy them.  Possibly before anyone noticed she stole it in the first place.. which is why you can end up retreiving the smae item in a future mission after losing it..  You can't even stop Angry M from getting in the Grail without canceling out Shiro's existance.  Sad as that is.  The thing is I'm pretty sure that Carmen Sandiago is (relative to this prospective canon) the one who invented Time travel in the first place.  From what I've heard the Narsuverse canon is that some magus invented Time Travel and then disappeared forever.  In short, somemagus proved it was possible and bailed, just to annoy everyone.
Utopia is boring and pointless... there wouldn't be anyone to make her not bored.  The lack of Interpole would be boring.  Its more likely she'd swipe Sakura's traumatic memories and 'gift' them to head of a certain ruling member of homunculous spamming family in trade for all their grimorums and equipment.  Then steal Sakura's 'grandfather' and all his familiars and drop them off on Krakatowa 20 seconds before it explodes.  You know that spider they found as the only survivor of the island... it was red from rage not its natural colouration.  It takes him until the end of the 5th war to get back... everytime he acts miserable to someone he ends up dumped in another volcano.   Shinji ends up going through training from hell... then ending up a minion that Interpole catches whenever they miss CS.  They break him out after they make him sit around be trialed.  Then more training and more being a scapegoat.  Ad infinitum.
Shiro ends up using time hax (not needing him to be the caster of them) to save pretty much everyone.  Anyone he fails to rescue he gets to try and save again through temporal dickery.  He gets really good at switching victims out with homunculus just as they are about to be killed.  The trick is carrying this out without getting a sealing designation or lynched.  The other trick is stealing himself from the past and tagging in to fight battle at full strength.  Using this trick they can save Archer by swapping the 'dead' people out for the live ones an letting him dodge that counter guardian thing.  CS loves trolling the spirit of humanity after all.
So in short...the secret of sucess is more trolling.  More Trolling!!!

Poor little Meilin - not only does she not have enough magical power to become a Card Captor, she's the only person in the Li clan who doesn't have magical power at all. But everybody else in her family has magical ability... Maybe she has some too, and she just needs some sort of booster to draw out her power. Could some of the gadgets that great-grandma Kohran made help?
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Poor little Meilin - not only does she not have enough magical power to become a Card Captor, she's the only person in the Li clan who doesn't have magical power at all. But everybody else in her family has magical ability... Maybe she has some too, and she just needs some sort of booster to draw out her power. Could some of the gadgets that great-grandma Kohran made help?
Failing that, she can always take lessons from Cousin Jet...
-- Bob
---------

Well, canon Meilin was already a martial artist... but having her carry around a hand-cannon based off of Hanagumi tech and having the skills to use it effectively does sound mighty attractive.

Oh, and of course this has to be called Card Captor Sakura Wars.
--
Rob Kelk

Wreck it Ralph and The Last Starfighter

The other night, an image crawled up unprompted out of my hindbrain (sometimes I'm really glad I don't know what's going on down there):
Twilight Sparkle, doing the Gendo Pose, captioned:  "Everything is going according to plan."   I was frightened, intrigued, and just a teeny bit... titillated.

Then, of course, I had to think about what other ponies might be more appropriate Gendo Posers (Poseurs?), and cycled through Celestia (scary but funny), Luna (scary but sexy), and... Pinkie Pie (scary and UTTERLY FSCKING TERRIFYING)

Misreading things theater presents:

Atelier Rorona
The Alchemist of Aincrad

Here because I think an Atelier-style game set in SAO could be pretty interesting.

-Morgan.

Quote:Morganni wrote:
Atelier Rorona
The Alchemist of Aincrad
Better that than Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Amestris.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Morganni Wrote:Misreading things theater presents:

Atelier Rorona
The Alchemist of Aincrad
Speaking of misreading:
The Alchemist of Alucard

But that probably belongs in Should Not Be...
--
Rob Kelk

Atelier Ruroni Kenshin
-- Bob
---------

Consider the old NES game "Godslayer: Sonata of a Distant Sky", known in the English translation as "Crystalis".

At the beginning of this game, there is a village. It isn't particularly close to anywhere of note, and to casual observation it seems small and unremarkable. There are only three things which make it in any particular way noteworthy.

As can be learned by anyone who cares to investigate, not far from the village is the dwelling-place of a hermit who is one of the world's four great wise men.

As is known to only a few, most of whom dwell in the village itself, the village elder has in his possession an artifact of ancient times: the powerful weapon known as the Sword of Wind.

As is known to no one at all prior to the start of the game, in the village's metaphorical backyard is a hidden, sealed, forgotten cave in which is a stasis chamber from a long-ago technological age.

The name of this village? Leaf. Or in the original Japanese, Konoha.

(I'm reasonably positive that if I were to check, the term translated as "wise men" would be "sennin", which is nowadays more commonly translated as "sage".)

The potential for an interesting fusion here - likely with a plotline wildly divergent from that of both sources - is amazing.

Here's one that could be interesting: The Dresden Files and the ABC TV series "Castle."

Castle and Dresden would get on like a house full of snark. And set on fire.

Murphy and Beckett would probably end up duking it out on the mats, followed by a certain amount of "buddy" vibe, with their respective Guy Pals looking on and making side bets, along with comments about how the whole thing is sort of disturbingly arousing.

Castle is a True Believer right off the bat -- too much so for Dresden's peace of mind, especially after Castle's "Vampire Hunter Kit" scores a lucky kill on a young Red.

Dresden now has an out-of-control bestselling novelist who is In The Know on his hands. Cue disaster, comedy, and a repeat of the Stoker Maneuver.

Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
Here's one that could be interesting: The Dresden Files and the ABC TV series "Castle."

Murphy and Beckett would probably end up duking it out on the mats, followed by a certain amount of "buddy" vibe, with their respective Guy Pals looking on and making side bets, along with comments about how the whole thing is sort of disturbingly arousing.

Castle is a True Believer right off the bat -- too much so for Dresden's peace of mind, especially after Castle's "Vampire Hunter Kit" scores a lucky kill on a young Red.

Dresden now has an out-of-control bestselling novelist who is In The Know on his hands. Cue disaster, comedy, and a repeat of the Stoker Maneuver.
Now imagine Molly and Castle's kid (can't remember her name offhand) getting together....
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Quote:ECSNorway wrote:

Now imagine Molly and Castle's kid (can't remember her name offhand) getting together....
Alexis. Played, perhaps ironically, by Molly O'Quinn.  
Ebony the Black Dragon

Quote:Ebony wrote:
Quote:ECSNorway wrote:

Alexis. Played, perhaps ironically, by Molly O'Quinn.  
So now we need an appropriate-looking and skilled actress named Alexis....
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

I had a thought about the point of intersection, after thinking about the recent episode that revealed that Castle's father is an international spy/assassin who kept the whole thing secret to keep his enemies from discovering he had any children...

What if Castle's father was Kincaid?

From the "This could be really awesome (in a totally cracktastic sort of way)" department....

The King of Heroes lazed on his throne, idly eyeing his favorite pet's pet. "Such a defiant expression in those eyes, still," he mused cheerfully, enjoying the thrill of fear that down his pet's spine beneath his hand. "In my time, such common trash understood better than to dirty their monarch with their worthless gaze at all, much less with such disdain." Yes, his pet's pet was very much like a cat in that respect. He'd always enjoyed showing the arrogant little vermin their place, and his pet's pet was so much more enjoyable. It would be a pity, the day she finally broke -- he would have to find new entertainment. But in the meantime--
"Yes, another round of discipline is called for, I think," he said casually, relishing the oh-so-subtle flinch from both women. The one kneeling beneath his hand drew breath, hesitated, then dared to speak... but only in the meek, proper voice he had trained into her.
"My Lord, if I may be so bold... she is rather... breakable."
"Hm, yes," he agreed, as if surprised at the reminder. "Well then, there can be only one answer for it: you, my dear Saber, will apply the lash, taking care not to go too far." The once King of Knights froze beneath his hand into utter stillness, already seeing the second blow of the combination falling, but helpless to avoid it. Ah, she was a treasure, this one! "And I shall supervise to ensure that you do not indulge your lamentable tendency towards leniency."
The involuntary cringe of the hapless so-called "magus" was sweet as any wine in his treasure house, and her own evident self-contempt at her inability to control it sweeter still.
The male voice that interrupted his savoring of the moment was a sour, putrid shock.
"The only one being disciplined here tonight, 'Kind of Heroes," is you," that hated voice stated flatly, sneering the title into an insult. Gilgamesh sprang upright from his sprawl, partly in shock and partly in fulminating rage at the sheer effrontery--
He was quit proud of how calmly he replied as he deigned to gaze upon the impossibility before him. "The fake mongrel. So you lack even sufficient couth to remain dead after being executed by Our royal hand." He paused, magnaminously, to allow the garbage a chance to apologize for the insult by expiring upon the spot. "Did you somehow slink away from your just execution, by some other craven Fakery?"
"Oh, no," Emiya Shirou replied evenly. "I died. And passed on. And fell into a new War, one waged by Hell against Heaven. And when that war was done... I returned."
Trembling with rage was beneath his dignity, Gilgamesh mused, even if he did feel as if he might truly become Berserker in his next breath. But the tiny shred of hope he felt from his pet and her pet mollified him -- taking that away from them by crushing this cur again, and this time guaranteeing that not even a single mote of his soul remained, would be his just recompense for this effrontery. "Well, then, I shall be more thorough this time."
"No, you're going to lose this time," Emiya stated calmly.
The Gates of Bablyon opened with a single thought, his treasures in glorious array readied once more to grind the mongrel into dust. "And what, pray tell, makes you think that anything will be different from last time?" Despite his towering righteous fury, Gilgamesh found himself honestly curious -- perhaps the Faker had learned some new pathetic trick that might grant the Monarch of All a moment's novel entertainment.
"Because I learned many things. Made many friends. And saw many swords." Emiya's lips curved in a tiny, bloodless smile. "Weapons that your precious Gates know nothing of... because these blades have never been part of this world." And the world changed.
There were differences this time, Gilgamesh noted. The hill was taller, the gears in the sky ground bone between them, but most of all, there were the swords. A legion of swords that reeked of power... and not one of them was familiar.
Not that it mattered. "Bah. New fakes. I'm actually disappointed. What's so special about these?"
Emiya's lips tightened back further into something nearly a rictus. "This."
"BAN KAI."

Wow, that ran long. But using Gilly as a POV character wouldn't let me cut down on the pomposity.
Where did this come from? Shirou is swords. Bleach has lots of swords that arguably would not be part of the Gates. Very powerful swords. And if Shirou can spam bankai the way he does Noble Phantasms... Plus, Shirou and Ichigo would get on like a house on fire... in a lake of napalm... in an atmosphere made up of a perfectly stoichiometric mix of H and O2.
As for the possibility of Shirou going Vizard... well, on the one hand, that would get away from his sword theme, and honestly seems like overkill. On the other hand... Shirou's eyes are already the right color. That thought gave me some real pause.

SkyFire - first, that's really amazingly awesome.  Thank you.
But...but... where the heck would you go from *there*?

You have to have this scene before you introduce the bleach crossover, or it loses a lot of its cool factor.  You can't do a whole lot after this scene, because honestly, once Emiya can spam Bankai, there's not a whole lot that can stand against him from either series.  You can't just run this as the last scene to a longer piece that doesn't include Bleach, because then it's just an ugly Deus Ex Machina, rather than an awesome crossover seed (unless you larded in the foreshadowing... and that's basically impossible to get the balance right on).

still... maybe one to four chapter's worth of prologue, showing the Grail War as it falls to suck (possibly due to some shadowy dealings by people who are later revealed to be Bleach villains), and then a time jump forward to this scene (not dwelling too deeply ont he suck int he middle, because it would do bad things to the feel of the piece) followed by a jump back to Shirou's adventures in the world of the dead?  That *might* work, but it would still be tricky in bits, particularly towards the end, where you try to fit this scene back into the plot.