Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be XVI: Mass-Murderers Love Company

Ebony Wrote:
Sirrocco Wrote:The Thomas Cromwell Affair?
The Thomas Riddle Affair.

A Harry Potter/Man from U.N.C.L.E. crossover.

"Tivor" was kind of that, by way of Inspector Gadget and Gumby. I remember reading another where HP somehow ended up quasi-adopted by both UNCLE and KAOS. And a more Marvel blended one where Hermione was the daughter of HYDRA's dentist and a much moee satisfying archnemesis, even if they were constrained to work together during the school year.

Obviously, none were very serious fics.
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Duane Peters Wrote:
Ebony Wrote:
Quote:Sirrocco wrote:

The Thomas Cromwell Affair?
The Thomas Riddle Affair.

A Harry Potter/Man from U.N.C.L.E. crossover.
I was actually riffing off of "The Thomas Crown Affair," starring either Steve McQueen and Fay Dunaway, or Pierce Brosnan and Renee Russo (depending on the version).

Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

Ebony Wrote:I was actually riffing off of "The Thomas Crown Affair," starring either Steve McQueen and Fay Dunaway, or Pierce Brosnan and Renee Russo (depending on the version).

Hey, a Thomas Crown Affair / Man from U.N.C.L.E. crossover would definitely fit in this thread...
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

Timote Wrote:
Quote:

It's called "The One and a Half Doctors."
Alternate title: "Look before Who Leap" 8P
Speaking of titles, I've got two for mysteries, but no story ideas to go with them:    Death and Texas
    Crooks and Nannies
 -- Joe
                 Hate is the only enemy

jqavins Wrote:Speaking of titles, I've got two for mysteries, but no story ideas to go with them:
    Death and Texas
    Crooks and Nannies
Post them to http://drunkardswalkforums.yuku.com/top ... e-Be-About]this thread and see whether anybody comes up with anything...
--
Rob Kelk

Now that's an idea. (And welcome back, Joe!)
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Today, we've secretly replaced the Puppet Mistress, Chiyo, with the Doll Master, Evangeline. Let's see if Sasori notices!

(Alternately, any of those three and Ogin from _Requiem from the Darkness_)
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles

Tonight on Lost, we've replaced Evangeline Lilly with Evangeline A.K. MacDowell. Let's see if Jack and Sawyer survive...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

We've replaced Chiyo the Puppet Master with Alice Margatroid. Let's see Sasori survive this!

Terrace Wrote:We've replaced Chiyo the Puppet Master with Alice Margatroid. Let's see Sasori survive this!
We've replaced Chiyo the Puppet Master with Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh...
--
Rob Kelk

Remember that Bobbsey Twins/Touko Aozaki in Persona 4 nutty idea of mine last thread? After I posted, I thought of some more guest stars for friendly Wild Card duty. I promptly forget them, until Sirroco mentioned Conan. Detective Conan. Conan the Barbarian.

Fortran/4chan Forchan

Star-Gate/Touhou Retreating, SG-1 dials back to Earth when all known gates are out of operation, and finds themselves in an Eastern wonderland. Reimu senses this, and goes off to investigate this incident.

Melty Blood and Fate. Night of Wallachia manifests in Fuyuki and adsorbs the corrupted Great Grail. Now it also manifests the Grail War in every city it manifests in around the globe.

Banpresto, too late to change the script, had to substitute some actors in the cast of the latest production of Super Robot Wars. Heero will be played by Chirico, Duo by Lelouch, Trowa by Gendo, Quatre by Char, and Wu-Fei by Doman. The directors are still casting Relena. Mihiro Ardygun, Hitomi Kanzaki, and R. Dorothy Wayneright are in tryouts. Treize, Une, and Zechs will be portrayed by the very talented Calvina. Early reports suggest that she will create an impression that the three might really be the same person.

JRR/Fate I've a project I'm playing around with the outline on, where some magus has dug up one of the nine rings, as well as a working grasp of the black speech, and will be summoning a Nuzghul as Rider. This is more for Rob Kelk than this thread.

JRR's Ents and Transhumanism. Treant is the mangling of a contraction of Transent. Take random transhumanist document, and do a find/replace of transhuman for transent.

Pre-Dracula Alucard, from Hellsing, eats the Einzbern candidate for the Second Grail War. He shows up in Fuyuki, and summons Shiki Ryougi as Monster.

(Zelretch has brought in buddies from other universes to stress test things during the second grail war. Lets see what happens.

Did we mention that they were vampires?

Different, non Nasu vampires. Still might not end up any different from canon.)

Zelretch is holding a inter-dimensional vampire convention. Let's see how long it takes before fighting breaks out between the factions.

ClassicDrogn,

Re: 23. Translations suggest that Japanese usage conflates these, but I think there is a difference between mass murder and serial murder. At least some of those you list are serial killers. Serial killers tend to have a certain amount of secrecy as part of their MO. (For example, take the number of cars found abandoned in the middle of nowhere, no trace of the owners. Subtract the ones where the find the bodies in spring. The bulk of the rest may well be under reported serial killer victims.) Mass murder uses more manpower. Those who do it either have enough pull to get the backing or neutrality of the society they are working in, enough political influence, or votes for same. Or they have the fighting power to prevent anyone interested from being able to stop them. It is inherently a social thing. Very different dynamics. Interahamwe, IIRC, translates to 'those who work together'.

Unusual example. Many of the Mexica practiced a faith that held that the then current sun was the IIRC, Fifth Sun. The previous suns had died or been killed or something. They felt they needed to do certain things to keep the Fifth Sun around. They had a polity by the name of the Aztec Triple Alliance. Anyway, they essentially kept their neighbors subjugated, raided them for slaves, and killed the slaves. Remember Vathara's comment in Embers about not wanting to follow up on the Mesoamerican flavor of the canon Aang learns firebending arc? Well, for one set of sacrifices, and I think this is the sun/fire one, they had five, call em priests, per rite. One for each limb, and the chest guy. Plus the victim, which the holocaust denier cognates would probably try to say was a volunteer, or that it was all symbolic. Chest guy had a really sharp obsidian knife. Cuts out the still beating heart, and I think then tosses it on the fire. (I may be getting what they do with the heart confused with hanging, drawing and quartering.) Anyway, chest guy would only do five rites, then they would switch out for another chest guy, as the first might be too tired to do a proper job. I dunno if they had the same shifts for the limb guys.

Thinking about it, Joker et al seems more like a spree killer. Comic book stuff makes it hard to classify, and I'm hardly an expert on any character with a background in American comics. (There are so many things one would need to read to be fully informed.)

vorticity,

The -us male -a female observation only applies to the (singular, nominative mostly) forms of some regular words. There are a decent amount of irregular words, and words used oddly. Poetia, Nautia, and Agricola, for example, are male despite the female end. Checking my dictionary, venus as in sale (noun) is male, and Venus as in deity is female. You'd probably tell which is which from context and the grammar of the matching bits. (For example, 'cartago delenda est' tells us that cartago, Carthage, is female, -a, and singular, -a and est. Also, this is the passive periphrastic, one of the few fancier bits of grammar I have solidly down. Carthage ought to be erased.)

Where I use a word that is meaningful, I often try to have it be correct. That said, I've a good number of things I dislike about the Romans also.

I've been meaning to put a thread here on Latin for fanfic. I'll do that as soon as I get the posts together, and we can get things sorted out. Or PM me. IIRC, acceptable to excellent Pactio cards can be done with pretty much the most basic Latin.

I am aware of the difference between serial killers and mass murderers, but claiming that the Aztecs, Nazis, and the Spanish Inquisition are sharing an apartment is a stretch just for the sake of a joke.
--

(abrupt change of references)

"Madness? This is CNN!"
--
Rob Kelk

We've switched Jane Austin and Steve Austin. Let's see what happens.

Jinx999 Wrote:We've switched Jane Austin and Steve Austin. Let's see what happens.
We've switched bionic man Steve Austin with Austin Powers. Let's see what happens to the two transposed secret agents.
We've switched Jane Austin with Austin Powers. Novels of manners? Oh, beehave!
We've switched Jane Austin with Stone Cold Steve Austin. Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha!
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

We've replaced Dr. Evil with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.  Let's see what happens.
...I bet Mustafa can smell what The Rock is cooking...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

All-Purpose Protoculture Cat-girl Nuku-Nuku

(No explanation required, I hope.)
--
Rob Kelk

robkelk Wrote:All-Purpose Protoculture Cat-girl Nuku-Nuku

I suddenly feel sorry for the Zentreadi/Masters/Invid

I don't know about them, but the Macross 7 fleet was certainly surprised when the Protoculture AI released her from a stasis pod just before the ruins were destroyed by Varauta forces. Then the Protodeviln had a bad day, then Nuku fell asleep in Gamlin's lap.

This might have caused some difficulty in his suit to woo Mylene, but Nuku liked sleeping in her lap just as much.

Unconnected fragment-

"Who can forget the famous 'Exploding haggis' scene from the beginning of _Scunners_?"
--

Ghost in the Shell and Sword Art Online.

Bluemage Wrote:We've replaced Dr. Evil with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.  Let's see what happens.
...I bet Mustafa can smell what The Rock is cooking...
I admit, I originally parsed that as "Dr. Horrible," and my first thought was that I have no idea what kind of singing voice The Rock has....

robkelk Wrote:All-Purpose Protoculture Cat-girl Nuku-Nuku

Shouldn't that be "Protocultural"?  Big Grin

Although if you made it "Prototypical," we could have a crossover with Hobo Shoggoth....

Jinx999 Wrote:Ghost in the Shell and Sword Art Online.
That's downright scary.  GITS would make SWO either far more horrifying (and SWO was plenty darn horrifying already, even if most of it was off-camera), or nerf it entirely when Section 9 shuts down the whole game safely 20min after it gets started.

SkyeFire Wrote:Shouldn't that be "Protocultural"?  Big Grin
Bad grammar makes it a Should Not Be.
--
Rob Kelk