Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossovers That Should Not Be XVI: Mass-Murderers Love Company

They can date Ennesby.  For those benighted souls who don't read Schlock Mercenary, Wikipedia explains:
Quote:Ennesby started out as the "state-of-the-art vanilla-helix viral artificial intelligence" that brought the holographic New Sync Boys, a popular, if fictional, boy band, to life.... [He] uploaded himself to the Hypernet in embarrassment and infected the systems of the Toughs' starship Kitesfear, demanding sanctuary. From there he was dubbed "Ennesby" (from NSB, an acronym of "New Sync Boys") and transferred into his first physical body....
-----
Big Brother is watching you.  And damn, you are so bloody BORING.

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
During my mind's usual random perambulations during my drive in to work this morning, several previously unrelated concepts collided and out of them came an idea for a J-Pop idol group made up entirely of girl robots, called WD48...
 It's not that much of a stretch, actually.
Brian Y.
Seed Chronicles

BYapes Wrote:
Quote:Bob Schroeck wroteBig Grinuring my mind's usual random perambulations during my drive in to work this morning, several previously unrelated concepts collided and out of them came an idea for a J-Pop idol group made up entirely of girl robots, called WD48...
It's not that much of a stretch, actually.
Seen on that page:

"While fighting a DES mobile, Mayuyu revealed that she has a cybernetic right arm that can launch missiles, making Orine think that Mayuyu might be a cyborg."

Don't jump to any conclusions, Orine - positive proof is hardly something to base a position on...

(rolls eyes)
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

How did these trousers get into Final Fantasy VII?

Barret Wallace and Grommit
--
Rob Kelk

Nanoha Takamachi finds Raising Heart....

What it actually is, is a terminal interface device for the computer secretely controlling the world of Uminari City - keeping it's inhabitants from realising they really life inside a colony-city, modelled on late 21st century Earth.

And the TSAB are keen to keep it that way.

But are you crossing over with Megazone there, or RaXePhon?
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Considering this is "Crossovers that Should Not Be," I'd guess both.
--
Rob Kelk

Today, we've secretly switched Hayase Misa with Pixy Misa. Let's see whose original cast is more hosed...

ETA: Secret switch #2: Ichigo and Zangetsu with ...

http://nataliepo.typepad.com/micropo/20 ... obbes.html
--
"Anko, what you do in your free time is your own choice. Use it wisely. And if you do not use it wisely, make sure you thoroughly enjoy whatever unwise thing you are doing." - HymnOfRagnorok as Orochimaru at SpaceBattles
woot Med. Eng., verb, 1st & 3rd pers. prsnt. sg. know, knows

Secret switch #3: Mugi from K-On! and Mughi from Dirty Pair.
--
Rob Kelk

Quote:robkelk wrote:
Secret switch #3: Mugi from K-On! and Mughi from Dirty Pair.
Make it a 3 way switch and include Gurgi from The Black Cauldron.

Quote:ETA: Secret switch #2: Ichigo and Zangetsu with ...
http://nataliepo.typepad.com/micropo/20 ... obbes.html
While we're at it, let's swap Calvin & Hobbes with Ushio and Tora ...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Bubblegum Galactica

With the unanswered question, "So, is Sylia a Cylon?"
--
Rob Kelk

Here's a few:

The runup to the 5th Grail War (only Illya has her Servant yet) gets badly derailed when the Fuyuki City High School class that includes Shirou and Rin wakes up to find themselves trapped in Battle Royale... Shirou is going to Save Everyone, of course (his Structural Grasp vs the explosive collars? Easy!), Rin is trying desperately to keep him from blowing the secret of magic, since the battle zone is heavily covered with cameras, Issei is sticking close to both of them to keep Shirou safe from Rin, and Shinji is pure dead weight. Figure out a way to drag Sakura into the mix, and we're all set. Then of course Illya has a conniption b/c NO ONE gets to kill her onii-chan except HER, and decides to gatecrash the party with Berserker, Clock Tower and Einzbern secrecy rules be damned. Gigglemesh and Koto-mime will, of course, show up just to see the suffering, and Assassin-Sensri might just decide that he's going to do right by his students, government be damned.
Meanwhile, the Grail sits back under Ryyudo Temple and pouts about being ignored....

The Dueling Floor of Ohtori Academy is actually a sort of Reality Marble, and Shirou Emiya ends up on the scene just in time to team up with Utena Tenjou for the climactic battle of RGU. I admit, I like this one mainly for the visual of watching Unlimited Blade Works take on the Million Swords head-on (point-on?).

Some Sliders grab Shirou (yeah, my head is stuck on FS/N lately), and take him on a tour of various fantasy universes. By the time he gets back to Fuyuki, UBW has added Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, lightsabers, StormBringer, Mjolnir (not a sword, but hey, Rho Aias), Captain America's Shield (natch), Wolverine's claws ("My body is made of blades," hah!), the Sword of Shanarra (badly underrated weapon, IMO), and... well, fill in your own favorites.
Yes, I have a Thing for seeing Gigglemesh get curbstomped, folded, spindled, and mutilated. Can you blame me?

"Unlimited Gundam Works." I know, totally ridiculous and unworkable. But it sounds cool. Then again, make it "Unlimited Mecha Works" and have Shirou cross paths with the Norse God of Mecha (not possible due to UF being a closed shop, but I can dream).

Quote:SkyeFire wrote:
Some Sliders grab Shirou (yeah, my head is stuck on FS/N lately), and take him on a tour of various fantasy universes. By the time he gets back to Fuyuki, UBW has added Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, lightsabers, StormBringer, Mjolnir (not a sword, but hey, Rho Aias), Captain America's Shield (natch), Wolverine's claws ("My body is made of blades," hah!), the Sword of Shanarra (badly underrated weapon, IMO), and... well, fill in your own favorites.
Callandor, from Wheel of Time, especially if he figures out how to use it to draw mana for tracing.  Oh, and the Sword of Dios (...well, he's already made of blades, so why not let him draw one out of his sternum?).  Plus the Ten Commandments.  Why?  Because it's a cool sword.
As for the Million Swords, two things.  First, wouldn't that many swords at once/in sequence knock Shirou out from information overload?  And second, Million Swords of Hatred.  If the number didn't get to him, their history/purpose/nature would.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

Quote:SkyeFire wrote:

Then again, make it "Unlimited Mecha Works" and have Shirou cross paths with the Norse God of Mecha (not possible due to UF being a closed shop, but I can dream).
Hephaestus should qualify as a Greek God of Mecha.  (Talos the bronze giant, Helios' chariot, prosthetic body parts for a few figures, and assorted automatons.)
There is an equivalent Norse figure of Weyland the Smith, but he's known almost exclusively for swords.
A Fate / Utena crossover is one I've been expecting for a while because it fits so well.  You have:- Main characters who build their lives around heroic ideals, particularly the saving-people bit.- Swords- A tournament with an implied prize that can change the world. (Grail wish / Revolutionize the world)- Not just swords but ones materialized out of the heart / spirit.- Characters behind the tournament who seem to be immortal archtypes.- And as noted, some sort of not-quite real place that is practically made up of unending swords.
However, I haven't seen anyone do this crossover well, possibly due to the dificulty in catching the mind-trippy qualities of Utena that should only be magnified by adding Nasu elements.
Regarding Shirou's information overload, he can handle gate of Babylon.  As far as I recall, the only time he seems to have problems is things like Ea which have qualities or aspects of their existence that are truly unearthly and thus can not be comprehended in Shirou's analysis method.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

Weyland is actually British, IIRC; I remember Chris having to borrow him in DW5 because the Norse gods generally farmed out that kind of stuff to the dwarves.
-- Bob
---------

And on a different tack, the king of Merch:

Buckaroo Bandai.
-- Bob
---------

Weyland is actually British, IIRC; I remember Chris having to borrow him in DW5 because the Norse gods generally farmed out that kind of stuff to the dwarves.
Did he borrow his partner Yutani?

I've been writing a bit.

Looks like he gets around.  According to Wikipedia he shows up in ancient versions of English, Germanic, and Norse epics.  He's Völundr or Völund in the Norse stuff.

----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

Quote:Deadpan29 wrote:

Looks like he gets around.  According to Wikipedia he shows up in ancient versions of English, Germanic, and Norse epics.  He's Völundr or Völund in the Norse stuff.

'British' mythology is a touch of a misnomer. Celtic and norse mythology, yes, British no. Weyland is from the norse side, specifically the Anglo-Saxon side of the baltic IIRC.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

This is "Should Not Be," right? Too muuch analysis turns an idea into a "Should Be" in some people's minds, but it's still "Should Not Be"...

So, as a public service, here's a new idea to not over-analyze:

Paul Blart: Kindergarten Cop
--
Rob Kelk

Kindergarten Robocop?

So... there's this thing fo taking a successful franchise, and slapping an "In Space" on it gratuitously. I've got one that might turn out a little odd.

Lost. In Space.

Quote:Sirrocco wrote:
So... there's this thing fo taking a successful franchise, and slapping an "In Space" on it gratuitously. I've got one that might turn out a little odd.

Lost. In Space.
...I can't help but imagine it in the vein of the TFS DBZ Abridged series, where everything in space is like something from Earth, but in space.  Space DHARMA, anybody?
For a followup, take it to the next level.  Lost In Space... IN SPACE!

I've been writing a bit.

Actually, I'd meant it as a sort of Lost (In Space)/Lost In Space crossover/fusion.  It seemed like it might come out appropriately surreal.