Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Outrageous Idea from the RIAA
Latest Outrageous Idea from the RIAA
The RIAA's latest well-reasoned and sensible suggestion for guaranteeing their eternal cash flow is to force every personal computer to have filtering software designed to scan every byte of data going in and out of the machine in order to intercept and block anything copyrighted. That's not so much to ask in order to keep the executives of the big five labels in champagne and hookers, now, is it? http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/02/08 ... end_users/]Article from The Reg here.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

They've been talking about this kind of thing in Canada, too, despite already having a law on the books saying that they get to tax every piece of
electronic storage media sold in the country.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Bob sums it up about as well as I can, really.

FuckersWire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

I am tempted more and more to convert to Linux. If I had a powerful enough machine to run CoH under WINE I would do so.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

ECS, If you have the drive space available to do a dual-boot, I'd give it a shot. You may be pleasantly surprised.Wire Geek - Burning the weak and trampling the dead since 1979

This will never happen.

Even if it does, it will be utterly ineffective.

----------------

Epsilon

The more someone treats me as if I'm a criminal, the more tempted I am to actually become a criminal - but only with regards to that someone.

Something to think about, RIAA-folks...

--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

If this ever happens, I give it maybe... 1 month tops before there's a crack available online.