Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New fic Recommendations vs. Hanoi Xan and the World Crime League

Agreed on FKB: The series of stories is Fun.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Quote: Agreed on FKB: The series of stories is Fun.

It should be, it's by the author of Shinji Almighty, the sadly unfinished fic in which Shinji is granted the full powers of God, Bruce Almighty style.
--
If you become a monster to put down a monster you've still got a monster running around at the end of the day and have as such not really solved the whole monster problem at all. 

FKB is definitely in my top ten for best EVA fics.

Also.

GIGA!

DRILL!

BREAKER!

(Hahahahaha!)
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

And for a complete and total OMGWTFBBQ moment, look no further than the Great Rei Army chapter. Just trust me on this - it has to be read to be believed.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3421129/68/ Muggle_Summer_Wizards_Fall has finally updated after who-knows-how-long

mod: can you move this to the right thread? i was a little quick on the trigger with where i posted it....
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

Z -- I can't move individual messages, sorry. Only entire threads.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Conversations is the first of a series of Tenchi Muyo stories by one
'BobR'. I haven't read the others yet, but so far, I'm digging it deeply. ^_^
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Conversations is interesting so far (just starting chapter 3 now)... But Ryouko strikes me as slightly out-of-character here. I can see how it would happen, but still... I guess it's kinda like Zuko in Embers.

www.fanfiction.net/s/5533147/1/

Three Can Keep a Secret, a Potter one-shot by the author of Spying no Jutsu

----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Ok, that one was a definite laugh out loud moment.

Stray_Leaves a Naruto peggy sue fic - from the pov of someone who
hasn't looped back.

Another Gregg Landsman EVA fic NGE Walking in the Shadow of Dreams.

A bit more serious than the Father Knows Best series, but it does have some moments (Rei in chapter four).

The Potter Family Grimoire by DisobedienceWriter

-- Bob
---------

Quote: Bob Schroeck wrote:

The Potter Family Grimoire by DisobedienceWriter
Now that... was different. Helluva nice one-shot, though what happens to Hermoine sucks! Love how it all comes full-circle at the end, but I
would have loved to have known what he did to Delores Umbridge.

That one was actually recommended a some weeks ago... however I left that up to quality bears repeating.

I must have missed that, sorry.
-- Bob
---------

Quote: blackaeronaut wrote:

Love how it all comes full-circle at the end, but I would have loved to have known what he did to Delores Umbridge.

Well, she was terribly fond of making kids bleed... Considering the poetic justice that seems to be a common undercurrent...
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

sg-1. There's an annual tournament and a new general at the mountain. So this time the civilians need to join. (funny)

(2004)

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1697976/1/

www.fanfiction.net/s/5551829/1/Bailout

Bailout, a one-shot DC comics fic starring Bruce Wayne
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5090606/1/E ... _Half_Sung - house, m.d. .... possibly crossed with something spy-flavoured (bourne?)
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4188793/1/Wish

Naruto. Sakura time travel to pre-Ichiha massacre. Pairing (Itachi/Sakura).

Fairly interesting take on the reboot-to-before-your-time plot device. The romance elements, considering how damn disfunctional Itachi is, are currently pretty
sparse.

Mega Man: Guiding Rainbows Light

A Mega Man prequel centered on Dr. Light. IMHO, an excellent, albeit still incomplete, work which imaginatively yet believably fleshes out characters, history,
and technology of the series. (It even explains the robot trees!)

--The Twisted One
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire

Been reading that since...man, I forget how long, but there couldn't have been more than a few chapters up. Probably '07.Note that it's not just a prequel to the Mega Man games, but a prequel to all his OTHER Mega Man fics. In fact, this guy was the inspiration for the fan verse trope. I dunno when I first read MMX: An Uncertain Future on Nintendo Land...2000ish? '99? In any case, several GRL plot points were mentioned in Whispers In Time, and a lot of the 'verse is actually based on somebody else's fic with a "broad strokes" approach.
Pronounced "shy guy."

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4912291/1/ The_Best_Revenge

yet another snape mentors harry story, but i think it's well done and am quite interested in seeing how all of the events will unfold.... 41 chapters and
we're only up to christmas in his first year, so this will be qutie the edda when it's done Smile
----

Quote: Zojojojo wrote:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4912291/1/ The_Best_Revenge

yet another snape mentors harry story, but i think it's well done and am quite interested in seeing how all of the events will unfold.... 41 chapters and
we're only up to christmas in his first year, so this will be qutie the edda when it's done Smile
Well maybe, but the author more or less said outright that Voldemort's going to be dealt with before Harry ever hits puberty. So who knows, it
might end at the end of first year for all I know.