Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon Age: Origins

Actually, not yet. but I did find out that if you convince the barkeep to join the fight that night, she will give you his inventory for free.

Quick specialization question: When you unlock one, does it unlock on all your current games or only those you start afterward?  Because I'm sorely tempted to start up another Warden and play through to completion of Arl of Redcliffe just so's I can give my warrior Champion right now. Smile
Also, the optional method to acquire Duelist is so amusing and compatible with said warrior's Leli romance that I'm going to have to go for the foursome. ^.^  It's out of my hands, you understand...
--Sam
"Egad!  Too much anatomy!"

It's my understanding that specializations are on a per-character basis, not global like achievements.

As for the foursome, there's a reason I haven't set foot in that place yet, and that reason is 'level 4 persuade'.
"No can brain today. Want cheezeburger."
From NGE: Nobody Dies, by Gregg Landsman
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5579457/1/NGE_Nobody_Dies

Actually they do carry through for all characters after you unlock them on one. However, if you get and install Awakenings, apparently it goes to a per character basis.

Wiredgeek Wrote:that.. may be an unhealthy level of interest in a character. Also possibly NSFW.

hella amusing, though.

You talk to the gal stuck working for that waste of flesh bartending in Redcliffe? I dropped her 5 sovs and wish I could find her in Denerim to check up on her.
heh, I bullied the waste of flesh into fighting and got him killed. Now she runs the inn.

Niiiice.

So specializations carry over too?

Interesting. So Berserker is available to all my new wardens?

IIIIIIIIiiiiiiiiiinteresting.

I got him to fight in the battle as well as the spy. However, I could not keep Murdock alive. I saw someone playing the PS3 version and they received some kind of reward if no one died. Not sure if that was something he selected, or a natural response.

Also seems I missed a number of things after the night seige (Chanter's board and Irregular's Box) as well as a few items. Gotta head back and check those before hitting the Circle quest.

...So according to the Bioware forums, once you unlock a spec it's unlocked on all your saves.  Even saves you made on that same character before you unlocked it.
If this is true, you could save, buy a spec manual, maybe make a separate save to be sure, reload the first save, and not have to spend the money.  And the post in question claims this is possible.
Interesting...
--Sam
"How the hell did I do that?"

Melee Warden with Shapechanger spec, rawr!

RAWR I AM A BEAR WITH A SHIELD.

Well, they're still class-restricted. Tongue
--Sam
"Clown SMASH!"

nooo, I want to be a spider with a broadsword!!!

Or a Backstabbity Bear?

Yes you can save the game, buy a manual, the spec will be unlocked,  reload the save, and the spec will still be unlocked
Anytime you unlock a spec it unlockes it for all past, present, and future characters/ savefiles.
"There are no problems that cannot be solved with cannons."
-Chief Engineer Boris Kraus of Nuln

intriguing.

So, now I must debate what two specs to go for for my Nobleman. One will be Champion, but i'm debating the other. Berzerker, or maybe Templar. Templar would feel awesome decked out in my WC armor. Still using that Chasind Flatblade BTW ZK.  thanks for the heads up on that.
Oh and ZK, speaking of DA, on a tabletop note, I pulled together the Apostate Healer and gave you the spells of Heal, Spell Wisp, Rock Armor, and Acrane Bolt (Though mages do have a lower damage version called Arcane Lance that does not take mana to use)

The only spec that requires a special class to unlock I believe is Blood Mage ... only a mage player character can unlock it ... I don't ever remember seeing a book for it.  Blood Reaver is another one that i've never seen a book for ... but any class type can unlock that one.
Bezerker is cool if you like seeing your stamina bar go down Base =P   It is very stamina heavy but oh so pretty when you mulch everything around you.
Dual Striking + Momentum + Bezerk = human blender

As a 2-handed are whupper, I see my stamina bar get eaten quite often by just those attacks. Might have to spend a level or two after the circle tower arc (Once I get done in The Fade) raising Willpower

yes, you will need much willpower ... but you will be able to clobber stuff for omfg damage.  If you can get a rogue with assassin spec and hit stuff with marked before you attack you'll do even more damage.  I found I could usually 2 hit mages with a zerking 2 hander user ... pommel strike to knock them down then followup with critical strike.  That turned most non boss mages into red puddles most of the time.

Well, started in on the Broken Circle arc again. Decided I'm going to try for Templar/Champion build. I always tend to charge those damned mages when I seem them. Was able to get a few of the specs unlocked using that lovely little trick/glitch. Also was fortunate enough to get Starfang right away. Was travelling between the Tower and Warden's Keep when I hit that encounter. Ran my ass right back to the Keep and had him forge it, then threw several runes and am totting it with me till I can get the strength to wield it.

This is odd, because I'm playing through again with an entirely new character and my specializations are not unlocked, and I had them all available before.

jpub Wrote:This is odd, because I'm playing through again with an entirely new character and my specializations are not unlocked, and I had them all available before.
Did you install the new expansion? Because that'll do it.

Yeah. the expansion reduces that to character only.

Well crap. >.

Yeah, I did. Oh well.

Bioware's currently pissing me off right now. I purchased 560 points through their site, and I've been charged, and haven't gotten my points. If I don't get my points by Monday I'm putting a fraud complain in with Paypal.

Here is an interesting little tid bit for you all ..
Rogues do not get any 2 handed weapon talents ... that does not mean they still can't USE 2 handed weapons ^.^ by the bloody maker you can backstab stuff in this game with great weapons.
Kouran the dwarf rogue is curently 2 shotting Genlocks by backstabbing them with a BATTLEAXE! =P