Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New fic Recommendations vs. Hanoi Xan and the World Crime League

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5719479/1/M ... nterruptedMass Effect. fShep, Morinth, and Samara have a discussion. 

*snerk* The author somehow made one of the pivotal / tragic moments into a really comedic one. That's... awesome. Big Grin

naruto. si. (by dimensional combining with equivalent )
That Most Heinous of Crimes  by Andrew Joshua Talon 
Someone else is thrust into the role of Team 7's sensei. Chaos ensues.

Shadow Crystal Mage gives us another bit of silliness: "VENGEANCE! The Musical! The Story of Uchiha Sasuke."

--The Twisted One
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire

Only three chapters so far, but it's good so far and looks like it has serious potential for even better: Tick, Tock One little clock... by "Doctorsgirl". That Certain Halloween results in Buffy becoming a Time Lady. For real. Despite the setup it's not YAHF.

-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

yesilmavi Wrote:naruto. si. (by dimensional combining with equivalent )
Okay, this one is crack!  But it's very good crack.  (^_^)

blackaeronaut Wrote:
yesilmavi Wrote:naruto. si. (by dimensional combining with equivalent )
Okay, this one is crack!  But it's very good crack.  (^_^)

Enh, I'm not sure I'd call it crack. Aside from the SI/First Person bit, it reads a lot like a standard replace Kakashi with X fic. But I agree that it is quite good.

A cute short-short Buffy/Harry Dresden crossover: Whoops, a little too far by joshlamont.

-- Bob
---------

I am pleased, so far, by Arcane Heart.

Basic idea: At the end of season 1 of Nanoha, Precia and Alicia Testarossa fall into the dimensional void...

... and come out the other side. In the woods around Konoha. Where they're found by an 8-year-old Naruto...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

I'm not sure where I came across this -- but checking in this thread for at least two months back doesn't reveal it, so I feel safe putting a rec here. (Which I am, btw, mostly plagiarizing from the rec I put up on TV Tropes a few days ago.)

Yes, I am Harry's Brother. A few years after the events of Halloween 1981, the wraith of Voldemort finds 4 Privet Drive and Harry Potter -- and is accidentally incarnated into a near-clone of Harry's 6-year-old body when the soul fragment in the child's scar spontaneously rejoins with the Dark Lord's spirit. Using every bit of his cunning and experience, the re-youthened Voldemort then escapes and begins a long process that results in him returning to Privet Drive at age eight in the guise of Harry's half-brother, the result of an affair James Potter had with an American woman — with the goal of studying Harry to learn what the prophesied "Power he knows not" might be. Along the way, Voldemort kills many, many people — and gives Harry a much happier life. Then comes Hogwarts...

A very interesting story told entirely from Voldemort's point of view. Voldemort is a Complete Monster, of course, except we learn that there's far more to him than just the homicidal maniac that the canon Harry sees once a year, and maybe -- just maybe -- he's Becoming The Mask from playing Harry's half-brother even as the death toll among canon characters at his hands keeps escalating. The author is very subtle about it though -- "Vito Potter" sometimes feels like he's just a few weeks from a Heel Face Turn, and then he'll turn around and a professor will be dead for getting too close to his secret; the reader is never sure which part of his personality is the "real" one. He seems strangely protective of Harry and even some of their friends, while at the same time plotting their eventual destruction when he comes back into power.

-- Bob
---------

mass effect/ranma cross. largo.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5742604/1/Wild_Effect

(he's put his other 'dead' fics back up aswell. http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5655424/1/The_Dead_Files )

Here's an interesting little one, still incomplete, but it's got potential. Dear Minmin. Xander Harris is the grandson of Minerva McGonnagall. Except for a couple of visits, their lives are entirely separate between Xander's sixth and seventeenth years, with selected letters from Xander detailing the highlights of his life for her. Until the summer after the Mayor is defeated, when Xander finally travels to Scotland to visit his grandmother at Hogwarts and discovers that the adventures of Buffy and the Scoobies are well-known to the British Wizarding World. Nicely written, and it looks like it a Xander/Hermione ship might be in the offing (even though the two have not yet met as of the time I write this).

-- Bob
---------

A thread at the Anime Addventure I've been enjoying and is updating quite a bit is Enforced Evolution. It's a multi-cross with AU elements of Aliens, Predator, Ranma 1/2, Resident Evil, Species, Parasite Eve, and El-Hazard melded together.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
--Dr. Seuss

Fun, yes. Safe for work, possibly no. 'Enforced Evolution' frequently deserves a Lime rating at least, and delves into Lemon territory every few posts....
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

It's short. It's sweet. It's a throwaway omake disguised as a FF.net chapter. It's probably The. Best. Nanoha. Time-loop. EVAR. At the very least it is frighteningly DEEPLY satisfying.

Posted on Bodmin's FF.net page is a cracky one shot HP story called Sphere of Influence.

The Orchid Thief

Found this whilst trawling the Pit of Voles for Burn Notice fics. Nero Wolfe is awakened by a strange noise to find a quite unusual plant has taken up residence in his orchid gallery. That afternoon, a stranger who introduces himself only as 'The Doctor' comes to visit...
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.

Here's the beginning of something that looks like it has great promise. I've watched this being born from a stray comment over in the Caer Azkaban Yahoo! group, and I know there's definitely more to come; some of it's even written already:

Who's Afraid of the Dentists' Daughter? Hermione gets sorted into Slytherine... and a couple random events plus a few incidents of conclusion-jumping lead the other members of the house to believe she is the child of Voldemort.

-- Bob
---------

Bob Schroeck Wrote:Here's the beginning of something that looks like it has great promise. I've watched this being born from a stray comment over in the Caer Azkaban Yahoo! group, and I know there's definitely more to come; some of it's even written already:

Who's Afraid of the Dentists' Daughter? Hermione gets sorted into Slytherine... and a couple random events plus a few incidents of conclusion-jumping lead the other members of the house to believe she is the child of Voldemort.

Looks pretty standard to me, although the title had me thinking, "Is it safe?" over and over again.
Ebony the Black Dragon
http://ebony14.livejournal.com

"Good night, and may the Good Lord take a Viking to you."

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5753454/1/Interstitium

First really good ME2 fic that I've read.

ECSNorway Wrote:trawling the Pit of Voles for Burn Notice fics.

found http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5114816/1/Crossover while doing the same thing.... it's a oneshot, and crossover, but i think it captures the essence of the show (and the cross) nicely
-Z, Post-reader at Medium
----
If architects built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization.

hotpoint started a new buffy fic. Wesley Wyndam-Pryce goes back in time.

http://forums.spacebattle.../showthread.php?t=162228

http://www.fanfiction.net...77070/1/Wesleys_Mulligan

A very funny Harry Potter 4th year AU one-shot from Meteoricshipyards:
Hedwig and the Goblet of Fire

--The Twisted One
"If you
wish to converse with me, define your
terms."

--Voltaire

What happens when you beat Mass Effect 2?
Well, the victory party was pretty wild.
A Trail A Mile Wide
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Quote:A Trail A Mile Wide
Oh my god. It's a ME text version of "Banned From Argo".
-- Bob
---------

start of a potter fic. 2 chapters so far.

>Young Albus Dumbledore, in desperate need of a proper friend, devises a spell to bring powerful wizards to him—only, he just might have been a tad overzealous. Result: the temporal displacement of Harry Potter and Tom Riddle to the year 1912.<

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5461900/1/Three_Wizards