Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fic Recommendations: The Phoned-in Sequel

prototype/resident evil. fic's starting (7 chp's) timeline's a bit au. (prototype comes before RE here.)

http://www.fanfiction.net...0424/1/Prototypical_Evil

The Full Metal Bitch
Avatar AU where Toph is ten years older than canon.

Quote:The Water Tribe boy pointed at Toph. "I can't believe I thought you were cool! You act all gruff and dashing, but beneath the surface you're not cool at all -- you're The Man!"

Katara scowled. "Sokka! Show a little gratitude -- the woman saved your life!"

"I know, sis, but it's how she saved me that grinds my gears."

Aang scratched the top of his bald head. "I thought being The Man was good?" Modern day lingo was so confusing.

"Not always, Aang," said Sokka. "You're thinking of 'Da Man'. Toph here is 'The Man'. That means she's a big fat boring phony -- a sellout!"

Now Toph -did- turn to face him. She seemed to Aang as if she's just been slapped. "I am not The Man."

"Yes, you are! You're totally The Man! You beat the bad guy by calling in his mortgage! If that doesn't make you The Man, nothing can."
I'm going to have to disagree with Sokka here. Toph is even more awesome than in canon. Which is fairly impressive.
D for Drakensis

You're only young once, but immaturity is forever.

dexter/illyria oneshot.

http://www.tthfanfic.org/...Lestrange+More+Human.htm

Warning on that last one, massive, massive spoilers for almost the entire dexter series.

Chivalry by RandomOneShot
A Bleach AU, told from Tatsuki's point of view.  What if Tatsuki, Mizuro, and Keigo also developed spiritual powers from exposure to Ichigo?  Very cool, and Tatsuki makes for a great narrator.

Nobody Dies: The Kei Files
A spin off of Nobody Dies, which surprisingly hasn't been recced yet.  Remember Kei, the Ree that had been captured by Seele during the mass breakout?  Here's what she's been up to since then. 
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

I'll second 'Chivalry'. The author has also written several one-shots that tie into that or similar AU's, generally starring Tatsuki.
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

top gear/potter

(top gear is an auto show

for those who don't know.

Its a nice one and how.)

http://community.livejour...t_gear/74803.html#cutid1

Better to Honour
Naruto One Shot
Quote:If the Nidaime had just said one more thing to Danzo, Konoha's
history would have been very different. For a start, Danzo and the
Sandaime would have seen eye to eye a lot more often...
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."
--Dr. Seuss

A few years ago, Acadamia Nut made Evangelion fandom history with Thousand Shinji, featuring a Magnificent Bastard Shinji of captital-C Chaos.  This was followed by the unfinished mega-crossover The Open Door.  However, some have argued that the Magnificent Bastards of the first story are more Bastard and less Magnificent in the second.  As a critique from this view point, Iaculus has been writing The Doorstop.
----------
No, I don't believe the world has gone mad.  In order for it to go mad it would need to have been sane at some point.

Deadpan29 Wrote:A few years ago, Acadamia Nut made Evangelion fandom history with Thousand Shinji, featuring a Magnificent Bastard Shinji of captital-C Chaos.  This was followed by the unfinished mega-crossover The Open Door.  However, some have argued that the Magnificent Bastards of the first story are more Bastard and less Magnificent in the second.  As a critique from this view point, Iaculus has been writing The Doorstop.

I got to this point:

The Doorstop Wrote:"Ah, hello," the latter said in a deep, smooth voice. "You are Colonel Yagami, yes? A pleasure to meet you."

"Likewise," Hayate replied. "Sir, we approached you because-"

He cut her off with a gesture and an amused smile. "Don't tell me. You're having problems with a bunch of well-intentioned extremists who are apparently trying to prevent some vast cosmic catastrophe and inflicting far more harm than good in the process. That about cover it?"

She stared at him. "How did you know?"

"We get a lot of those around here. I used to be one myself, in fact." He turned to the clerk. "Hoshino, get our guests something to drink, would you?"

"Of course, President Rossiu."

And I was all
[Image: 1211693849271.jpg]

Mr. Fnord interdimensional man of mystery

FenWiki - Your One-Stop Shop for Fenspace Information

"I. Drink. Your. NERDRAGE!"

I want that pic, twice as big.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

Ask and ye shall receive:
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e203/ ... 849271.jpg

Result courtesy of tineye.com search:

link to tineye search

Saved and ready for use. Thank you!
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

http://blue-mystiq.livejournal.com/Out of Exile
Novelization of KOTOR 2 game. F!Exile. 

*sigh* Too bad it stops at 7 chapters but what's written thus far is fantastic imo. 

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5406239/1/Time_Loop
It's a takeoff of Innortal's Loopverse- a very funny one.
Chapter 1 has Ranma in a Fused Loop with the Nanoha crew, as Jail Scaglietti, ordering the Numbers to prank all of Mid-Childa.
Truth be told, I haven't finished that chapter quite yet, but that alone was worth reccing.

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

sg-1/supernatural. marz has got a new story. (just starting)

http://www.fanfiction.net...Not_Your_Kind_of_Trouble

Hoshino? Rossiu?

Quote:Deadpan29 wrote:

A few years ago, Acadamia Nut made Evangelion fandom history with Thousand Shinji, featuring a Magnificent Bastard Shinji of captital-C Chaos.  This was followed by the unfinished mega-crossover The Open Door.  However, some have argued that the Magnificent Bastards of the first story are more Bastard and less Magnificent in the second.  As a critique from this view point, Iaculus has been writing The Doorstop.
I'm seconding this fic, too, and giving it one of these as well:
[Image: fuck-yeah-awesome-day.jpg]
Why, you may ask?  This:
Quote:After a moment's consideration, Gunther turned to Fred.
"Mission details?"

"You mean the one we're going on next?" he asked, slightly thrown by the change of subject. "Why would I have those?"

"Always do."

"OK, fair point. They're pretty highly-classified, though, so I wasn't able to catch everything. What I do know is that it's a tech-retrieval job. We're headed to a Non-Administered World in Bureau space, another alternate Earth, to pick up some gizmo called a Lambda Driver. No idea what that is, but it's clearly something important. Omega-level clearance, boss."

Gunther gave a low whistle. "Impressive."

A plain NGE fic called Vengeance. Somewhat dark, but mainly because of the reactions to Shinji's understandable position and their consequences.

xander chats with a...

http://www.tthfanfic.org/...filling+the+Function.htm

potter. tom hufflepuff

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5846518/1/

Sirrocco Wrote:Hoshino? Rossiu?
Well, Rossiu is from Gurren Lagann.

Harry Potter and the Dagger of Foreboding
A crackfic, or something.  It is very funny.  It also has great analogies.

Quote:"But enough joy," McGonagall said sharply, bringing the
three back to earth like gravity drags down a space station carrying
seven passengers, the outer ring of the station burning off in the
atmosphere, killing three of them and sending the smoldering wreck into a
major population center, killing hundreds, while the main part of the
station slams into the ocean, killing three of the remaining four and
murdering thousands of fish. The last passenger, confident in his
survival would then crawl out of the ruined station…just as a spark
lands on a nearby oil rig, obliterating him. "We must go see Professor
Dumbledore."
-----
Stand between the Silver Crystal and the Golden Sea.
"Youngsters these days just have no appreciation for the magnificence of the legendary cucumber."  --Krityan Elder, Tales of Vesperia.

www.fanfiction.net/s/5926192/1/The_Butterflys_Wings
The Butterfly's Wings (Naruto one-shot, Fourth Hokage lives)
----------------------------------------------------

"Anyone can be a winner if their definition of victory is flexible enough." - The DM of the Rings XXXV

Whoah. Seconding The Butterfly's Wings here. That's pretty epic for a one shot - it doesn't just tickle your nose with the possibilities and leave you hanging - it actually turns out to be quite the hell of a story!

My only complaint is the usage. Atone time I had Inigo's voice in my head saying, "You keep saying that. I do not think you know what it means."