Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vacation notes
Vacation notes
On the 3nd day on vacation today. Arrived in Los Angeles on Sunday. I missed the sunny blue sky, even with the smog! Didn't miss the traffic though. Smile
Spent a pleasant first day with my teenaged nieces. Heaven help the boys they will be dating eventually. My brother already has the shotgun out. A brand new experience for me..shopping with the girls in a mega mall. Highly amusing in fact. 
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

'Mega-Mall'?   ...pfft....
I've got your 'Mega-Mall'.... 
RIGHT 'ERE~!
_____
DEATH is Certain. The hour, Uncertain...

...been there once, never going back...
_____

Kurisu Wrote:'Mega-Mall'?   ...pfft....
I've got your 'Mega-Mall'.... 
%[link=http://www.mallofamerica.com/home]RIGHT 'ERE~!]
That's not a mega-mall - where are the hotels? http://www.wem.ca/?render=html]A real mega-mall has hotels in it, so you don't have to leave before you can visit all the stores.
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

4th Day...went back to the VA hspital in Long Beach, reconnected with old friends over ther in the morning.

Afternoon...had lunch, went to a bar, had supper, took a walk to the beach...with a cute girl. What? you didn't think I was gonna do this alone, were you?
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Sucker...
_____

5-6th day...got into storage and repackaged goods for shipment by parcelpost..hired a minion to help...should had seen the postal service employee's eyes bug out when I told them I had a flatbed full of boxes for shipment. I knew I should printed more stickers.  Their eyes bugged out even more when the boxes took up a big portion of the floor space. Probably the funniest scene was when I was about to lift a heavy box and remembered I hired a minion. I barked out "Hey minion! Come here and lift these boxes over the counter on the scale! This in a room full of customers. *grin*
Spent the night with the tribe and took my leave. Do some more last minute shopping and head for home.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Hope your 'minion' had a sense of humor and played it out. "Yes, Master~!"
_____

Actually, he said "Yes uncle" Neptism does have it's benefits.

Last day..had farewell breakfast with cute girl. Did last minute shopping at a police outfitter for a tactical vest. Should had gotten the open tipped tac gloves with the knuckle joints.

Well last leg coming up....be it ever so crumble, there is no place like home!
Edit: I don't know what is the worst travel experience...being jostled by passengers walking by the aisle while in the aisle seat just as I am going to doze off, or crammed against the window seat by a 350 pound man sitting in the middle seat.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell