Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monty Oum's new project

Yang's fairy tale, for those who haven't guessed it yet, is The Golden Bird.

As for the image Yang is showing, there's an image Monty has drawn known as the Transient Princess.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Quote:Yang's fairy tale, for those who haven't guessed it yet, is The Golden Bird.
Huh. Never heard of it. Peggy and I were thinking maybe Goldilocks...
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.

It's a bit of the Golden Bird with phoenix myth thrown in (thus, the French version of the tale). And the order of the events is scrambled.

But she does grab for some very valuable apples... And she gets into a fight with a younger son.

And some of her feathers get snatched out during the fight.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Mm. I see what you mean.
-- Bob
---------

Yeah, the "different time periods" theory based on the moon looks to be a bust. The "nibbled" moon in White must be a visual artifact. Dang, and I thought I'd found a breadcrumb....

Is it just me, or does Yang not seem to have her own theme song? Most of her trailer seems to take place to re-mixes of the music from the other three.

I'll admit, since the first song refers to her as "Beauty," the moment I saw the club DJ I wondered if we were going to see a riff on Beauty&Beast. But if it was, it was very minor.

Who was Junior talking to just before Yang accosted him? And... does anyone else get a very "Final Fantasy" vibe (particularly, Tifa) from Yang's outfit? Particularly, that "frontless skirt" thing she wears over her biker shorts?

As for "ethnic" groups -- I'm lousy at picking up on stuff like that. What's the clue?

I got more of a "Wild West" vibe off her.
-- Bob
---------

Quote:As for "ethnic" groups -- I'm lousy at picking up on stuff like that. What's the clue?
Shape of the eyes, complexion, and hair color, particularly. Also, although on second viewings my initial impression of the twins as having golden eyes like Blake is wrong, the pale green they have instead is still a shade that says 'cat' to me rather than 'human'.
===========

===============================================
"V, did you do something foolish?"
"Yes, and it was glorious."

Berk Wrote:Yang's fairy tale, for those who haven't guessed it yet, is http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Golden_BirdThe Golden Bird.[/url]
That's not 100% accurate.
She's an amalgam.  She's equal parts Goldilocks.  The reference to "Junior"--the youngest of the three bears.  The bear-headed DJ.  Even the act of being somewhere she shouldn't be.  You could also consider the three stages of the fight as another reference.

Okay, then Peg and I weren't far off after all.
-- Bob
---------

SkyeFire, Yang does actually seem to have her own song. It's just mixed in with the rest. If you listen from the point Junior breaks out the Batzooka, you'll note that the lyrics are different from any in the other trailers.

If there is one, it's not out as an MP3 yet... IIRC White and Black were on Amazon within a week or so; I looked for Red much too late to know about that one, though.
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Cobalt Greywalker wrote:
SkyeFire, Yang does actually seem to have her own song. It's just mixed in with the rest. If you listen from the point Junior breaks out the Batzooka, you'll note that the lyrics are different from any in the other trailers.
'You're standing too close to a fire and burning up.' or something to that effect was something I caught.  But everything in that trailer was remixed.
Perhaps a nod to how Yang, herself, is a bit scrambled.
- Grumpy Uncle Gearhead

Well, i was thumbing through my youtube subscribes and came across this little gem.  It is an extended version of the Yellow Trailer's theme "I Burn".  And with this we have an idea what the "Unique" lyrics for the song are.

In the epic rage of furious thunder
legends create their tales
when the twilight calls and the dark lord falls
our glory will prevail

[Image: strikersetcfinal9_th.jpg]
our glory will prevail

"I Burn" is also available now in MP3 via Amazon.
-- Bob
---------

Episode One is out on the RoosterTeeth.com page
http://www.roosterteeth.com/archive/?sid=rwby&v=more
our glory will prevail

our glory will prevail

Finally!

Thank you!
-- Bob
---------

By the standards of modern animation studios, the animation is a little crude, but for a couple of guys doing machinima it's not bad at all.

And we have a definitely good story underway.

And has anyone mentioned that Ruby is weapons-grade cute?
--
Sucrose Octanitrate.
Proof positive that with sufficient motivation, you can make anything explode.

Glinda Goodwitch and Professor Ozpin made me snicker.

Good mix of action, quotable bits, and humor. Just a touch more serious than RvB, which is just about right for me.

Also, the music continues to be amazing. That intro sequence is just incredible.

Bring on episode 2 next week.
---
"Oh, silver blade, forged in the depths of the beyond. Heed my summons and purge those who stand in my way. Lay
waste."

Quote:OpMegs wrote:

Bring on episode 2 next week.
It's coming out weekly?  

RT tends to operate on a weekly schedule for all their shows. The big ones like RvB and RWBY are always at the same time too.

I did like Roman's line just after Ruby finishes off his flunkies.

"Well, you were worth every penny." 8)

Is anyone else having crippling buffering problems with the site? The adds run fine, but after about 30 seconds it becomes a slide show.

You know, after her performance in the "Red" trailer, the last thing I would have expected of Ruby was that she was a motormouthed fangirl...
-- Bob
---------

Quote:Bob Schroeck wrote:
You know, after her performance in the "Red" trailer, the last thing I would have expected of Ruby was that she was a motormouthed fangirl...
You know, after her performance in the "Yellow" trailer, the last thing I
would have expected of Ruby was to actually *like* her voice...

My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Atom Bomb of Courteous Debate. Get yours.

I've been writing a bit.

I found her voice in "Yellow" to be a bit harsh, yes... I was pleasantly surprised by how she sounded in the first actual episode.
-- Bob
---------