Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Fifth of WTF Images

Heh.  Reminds me of this classic bit from Animaniacs.
-- Bob
---------
Then the horns kicked in...
...and my shoes began to squeak.
Star Wars is *Old*
[Image: fe8166154bab00e70907382746015dc8443ecaca.png]
-- Bob
---------

[Image: be%20a%20dragon_zpsefm14wsm.jpg][Image: viking%20swords_zpsj07m4skl.jpg][Image: what%20could%20go%20wrong_zpsiujpzxyo.jpeg][Image: WTF%20fun%20fact_zpskm1usxt2.png][Image: goblet%20of%20fire_zpsav5brd3w.jpg][Image: h1Jdw5n_zpssjmwvacl.jpg][Image: No%20tilting%20sign_zpsvnrgeldo.jpg][Image: jackie%20chan_zpsgbihpxyr.jpg]

http://boingboing.net/2015/05/08/photos ... s-sto.html
Two cats and some ice and a fish.

Quote:Timote wrote:
[Image: viking%20swords_zpsj07m4skl.jpg]
The best part about the Ulfbehrt swords isn't mentioned here -- they were so good, they had the 10th century equivalent of cheap Chinese knockoffs, right down to the misspelled "Ulfbhert" on the blades.  See the documentary Secrets of the Viking Sword for the details.
-- Bob
---------
More Aww than WTF
[Image: slide_423662_5446026_free.jpg][Image: slide_423662_5446062_free.jpg]
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

[Image: Tundra%202008.jpg][Image: nq150325.gif][Image: crher150223.gif][Image: crher150415.gif][Image: crher150320.gif][Image: new%20arrivals.jpg][Image: crher150219.gif][Image: fm150327.gif]
[Image: tall.png]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012

[Image: Alcohol_talks.jpg]

[Image: candy%20chaos.jpg][Image: US%20Congress.jpg][Image: yo%20momma%20joke.jpg][Image: couldnt%20resist.jpg][Image: funny-tumblr-50_o_2283945.jpg][Image: punny.jpg][Image: keyboard%20pun.jpg][Image: copier.jpg][Image: Picts_zpsqb1dbtvr.jpg]

[Image: taco%20truck.jpg][Image: shuttle%20van.jpg][Image: change%20W%20to%20T.jpg][Image: funny-sarcasm-punch-in-face.jpg][Image: beatles.jpg][Image: door%20sign.jpg][Image: retrial.jpg][Image: No%20Longer%20Absent%20Friends_zpsou6rzfab.jpg]

Thirty-five years ago today, Mount St. Helens in the Pacific Northwest erupted.

Below are a pair of images taken by some mountain climbers on nearby Mount Adams, which graphically demonstrate the sheer violence of the lateral blast:

[Image: tumblr_m3k08hs8H51qke845o1_1280.jpg]

[Image: lego-lego-time-aircraft-carrier-demotiva...059580.jpg][Image: lego%20Iron%20Man.jpg][Image: 160_max.jpgoriginal.jpg][Image: justice_lego_by_lgghanem-d785t4l.jpg][Image: i-want-to-brick-free-freddie-mercury-lego.jpg][Image: lego_space_marines_by_scharnvirk-d5jq49t.jpg][Image: Lego%20Millenium%20Falcon%20cutaway.png][Image: Lego%20Aliens%20scene.png]

Quote:Tennie wrote:
Thirty-five years ago today, Mount St. Helens in the Pacific Northwest erupted.

Below are a pair of images taken by some mountain climbers on nearby Mount Adams, which graphically demonstrate the sheer violence of the lateral blast:
[Image: tumblr_m3k08hs8H51qke845o1_1280.jpg]
I just had a weird thought.
Imagine a volcanic eruption of that magnitude happened here in the USA at this time.  Can you imagine how the eruption would be mirrored on the social media networks?

[Image: tmsho150501.gif][Image: tmsho150430.gif][Image: abyLo6L_700b_v1.jpg][Image: tmloo150510.jpg][Image: tmloo150508.gif][Image: penny%20arcade%20starwars.jpg][Image: rl150428.gif][Image: rl150503.jpg]

[Image: laundry.jpg][Image: canada%20vs%20finland.jpg][Image: burn.png][Image: Endoftheworldforgetzombieappocalypsethis...760395.jpg][Image: fallon%20Martin.jpg][Image: DOH.jpg][Image: 2%20aliens%20talking.jpg][Image: funny-cop-photos-12.jpg]

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell
Now where can you make T-shirts of these?
[Image: coke-shackles_yvkn0d.jpg][Image: adidas-gravestones_npbmlf.jpg][Image: mcdonalds-whips_npbmlo.jpg][Image: sony-slavery_npbmlx.jpg]
[Image: budweiser-slavery_npbmm6.jpg][Image: adidas-migrants_npbmmf.jpg][Image: 293030A600000578-0-image-a-5_1432940139288_npbof4.jpg][Image: 2930301300000578-0-image-a-13_1432941767831_npboh6.jpg]
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

Ahh, Adbusters, whatever would we do without your condescending anti-commercial slacktivism.....
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat
them unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary.''

-- James Nicoll

Can't really argue against the message.  A picture is worth a thousand words. Unless you're a supporter of Sepp Batter.
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

I can't argue against the message. True.

However, I also can't do a damn thing about the underlying issues by adding slaves and chains to sponsors of an event that isn't even due to happen for seven years. And, anything I could make an effort to encourage my government to do that would have results as fast as they want them would send them into a screaming fit, the right into a "DON'T SPEND MONEY EVER!" spiral, and make the situation in Qatar *worse.*

Meh. I'll drop it after this response. Otherwise we'll get punted right to the Politics forum.
''We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat

-- James Nicoll
Name the films
[img]http://img.s-msn.com/tenant/amp/entityid/BBkxPw0.img?h=522&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=253&y=138">[img]http://img.s-msn.com/tenant/amp/entityid/BBkxT1f.img?h=522&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f">[img]http://img.s-msn.com/tenant/amp/entityid/BBkxRUD.img?h=522&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f">[img]http://img.s-msn.com/tenant/amp/entityid/BBky2Ww.img?h=522&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=306&y=132">[img]http://img.s-msn.com/tenant/amp/entityid/BBkxVnZ.img?h=522&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f">[img]http://img.s-msn.com/tenant/amp/entityid/BBkxPwc.img?h=522&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f&x=374&y=254">[img]http://img.s-msn.com/tenant/amp/entityid/BBkxPvR.img?h=522&w=874&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f">
And the devil will burn!
- Scarlett Pimpernell

[Image: trip%20to%20crazy.jpg][Image: syrup.jpg][Image: clock%20age.jpg][Image: boyfriend%20will%20die.jpg][Image: otter%20space.jpg][Image: rock%20a%20bye.jpg][Image: laser_cat2.jpg][Image: 5220150852126.jpg]

The Fallout 4 Trailer inspired me to go on a zeerust/retreaux binge.
[Image: tumblr_mjp0y8Z3WW1rss4zco3_400.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_mjp0y8Z3WW1rss4zco1_400.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_mjp0y8Z3WW1rss4zco2_400.jpg]

-- James Nicoll

Those remind me of http://www.alexvaranese.com/work/alt1977]these ... although they're in a slightly later style.

For example:

[Image: amv_alt1977_pocket_hi_fi_ad.png]
--
Rob Kelk
"Governments have no right to question the loyalty of those who oppose
them. Adversaries remain citizens of the same state, common subjects of
the same sovereign, servants of the same law."

- Michael Ignatieff, addressing Stanford University in 2012