Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
RE: 2020 US election - The fat lady is warming up in the wings
(12-16-2020, 08:54 AM)robkelk Wrote: CBC Analysis: No one has lost quite like Donald Trump in nearly 150 years

Trump threatens to sue the CBC in 5, 4, 3, 2...
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(12-16-2020, 12:06 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: QAnuts threaten to leave the GOP and form their own party because Republicans aren't delusional enough for them.

I'm pretty sure I saw a news article a couple of days ago that mentioned a MAGAt crowd chanting "Death to the GOP" or "Down with the GOP," something like that.
-----
"The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite, held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that this was some killer weed."
(12-16-2020, 12:07 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 08:54 AM)robkelk Wrote: CBC Analysis: No one has lost quite like Donald Trump in nearly 150 years

Trump threatens to sue the CBC in 5, 4, 3, 2...

Nah - they're saying he made history. Isn't that a nice thing to say?
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
And as expected, the GOP seems ready to tear itself apart.

Not sure they will, but it's certainly possible.
(12-16-2020, 12:55 PM)DHBirr Wrote:
(12-16-2020, 12:06 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: QAnuts threaten to leave the GOP and form their own party because Republicans aren't delusional enough for them.

I'm pretty sure I saw a news article a couple of days ago that mentioned a MAGAt crowd chanting "Death to the GOP" or "Down with the GOP," something like that.

Yup.  Here it is.

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-supporters-...47950.html
Oh, and for a somewhat more sensationalist take:

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/pro-t...-1.9368289
Trump’s Mar-a-Lago neighbours initiate legal action to stop him moving there when he leaves White House
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world...1FkGCXQ1Ec
Trump has reportedly been convinced he actually won, tells advisers he may not vacate the White House
-- Bob

I have been Roland, Beowulf, Achilles, Gilgamesh, Clark Kent, Mary Sue, DJ Croft, Skysaber.  I have been 
called a hundred names and will be called a thousand more before the sun grows dim and cold....
(12-17-2020, 05:31 PM)Bob Schroeck Wrote: Trump has reportedly been convinced he actually won, tells advisers he may not vacate the White House

Unless he attains the Infinity Gauntlet, not likely.

Seriously, I was pulling for him to win and even I've decided to accept he lost. So should he, he can always try again in four years.
The difference is that you're a rational thinking person, and he's a self-deluding narcissist who can't bear to lose a game of jacks, let alone a presidential election. If he doesn't just head off for Christmas and never come back, I'm convinced the Secret Service is going to have to drag him out of the White House by his elbows. (Or maybe give him the perp walk alluded to in that article.)
-- Bob

Judging from his Twitter feed, he seems to be doing nothing but obsessively watching OANN and the like and convincing himself that his lawyers (including Sidney Powell and Lin Woods who are, to put it mildly, not themselves sane) will pull a big win out of . . . somewhere.

No (or very little) actual governing is mentioned.
The lack of governing has been noted by several outlets over the past few weeks. He's also been golfing even more than usual.

Then again, remember he was never in it to govern. He wanted the status, and to rule.
-- Bob

[Image: 2020_election_map_large.png]

Source

Mouseover text: There are more Trump voters in California than Texas, more Biden voters in Texas than New York, more Trump voters in New York than Ohio, more Biden voters in Ohio than Massachusetts, more Trump voters in Massachusetts than Mississippi, and more Biden voters in Mississippi than Vermont.
--
Rob Kelk

Sticks and stones can break your bones,
But words can break your heart.
- unknown
Trump suffers attack of reality, asks confidants if he should revive The Apprentice.
-- Bob

An op-ed Never-Trumper Michael Gerson published yesterday in the Washington Post includes a marvelous summation of the Dotard: “Trump combines the ambitions of a despot with the strategic planning and operational competence of a hamster. He is an evil mastermind without the mastermind part.”

Of course, that’s an insult to the intelligence of hamsters….

-----

Big Brother is watching you ... and damn, you are so bloody BORING.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/19/us/po...fraud.html

Trump is reportedly considering appointing Sidney Powell (of "Kraken" fame), someone whose cases make Rudy's look competent, as a Special Counsel on Election Fraud.

He's not going to stop digging, is he.
Of course not. If he can't find a way to stay in power he's going to get ousted and probably arrested the moment he's no longer in power, or as near enough as makes no difference.
I'm half expecting him to leave the country on his last day as President to try and avoid arrest.
I've already accepted Trump lost, but I seriously question the logic why people are chomping at the bit to see Trump arrested the second he's no longer legally President.

True, he's immune to such happening while he's in office, but if he is not judged legally culpable for an arrest worthy charge as soon as he's no longer President, I do not get the desire to see him in handcuffs once he becomes a private citizen again.

I'd understand why for Nixon, he was guilty of crimes he was staring a prison cell for until a pardon negated that, but Trump is, as far as I'm aware, nowhere near the legal point where everyone can be sure he'll be wearing iron bracelets the second he stops being President. It might happen some time AFTER that for some reason, I do not discount that, but frankly, if he's yet to reach Nixon tier levels of staring at prison and no pardon is required to skip those consequences, I say be grateful he's out and be done with it, arresting him comes off as sheer spite without clear proof of guilt he can be indicted, tried, and convicted of.

If we didn't arrest Jackson for the Trail of Tears and defying the Supreme Court, and he was never convicted of the same and required to face prison, I don't get the current desire to imprison Trump, and I'd love to hear a reasoned argument for why tossing him out is not enough, he must be in a cell as well.
Mostly it's the stuff from New York

https://www.cityandstateny.com/articles/...-woes.html

Insurance fraud, bank fraud, tax fraud, misappropriation of money for New York state. All of this came to attention after he ran for President, but they can't do anything about it until once he's out.

Federal - neither side will agree there on the potential issues/crimes.
(12-19-2020, 09:20 PM)RMH999 Wrote: Mostly it's the stuff from New York

https://www.cityandstateny.com/articles/...-woes.html

Insurance fraud, bank fraud, tax fraud, misappropriation of money for New York state.  All of this came to attention after he ran for President, but they can't do anything about it until once he's out. 

Federal - neither side will agree there on the potential issues/crimes.

Okay, fair enough, Spiro Agnew got nailed for similar reasons and that makes logical sense.
It is, I read a week or so back, also the reason Giuliani is working his tuchus off trying to keep Trump in office, sort of. He, too, is under investigation, in his case by the FBI. But as long as he's on Trump's payroll trying to prove black is white, the FBI won't take him in lest it appear to be a politically motivated act. So it's in his personal interest to keep filing frivolous suit after frivolous suit, so he's always working for Trump.
-- Bob

There is also the Mueller probe, which arrested, tried and imprisoned Michael Cohen for a case of campaign financing misconduct and in which Trump is identified as an unindicted co-conspirator. The moment he's no longer president there is no reason not to arrest him.
Is Trump Cracking Under the Weight of Losing?
-- Bob

Umm.... I'm pretty sure he was cracked even before he got the idea of standing for election...
Hear that thunder rolling till it seems to rock the sky?
Thats' every ship in Grayson's Navy taking up the cry!
NO QUARTER!

No Quarter by Echo's Children